English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering United helped Ronaldo into the beast that is now 60% of Real Madrid. I think Fergie has one or two tricks under his sleeve to stop him. Bale has been amazing this season I must admit but the way he copies Ronaldo with those free kick stances is just annoying to me.

I'm sure he has a few tactical ideas but whether he has the players to do it is another matter entirely.... and Madrid have other players that can do the damage.

Aside from RVP, Rooney & Hernandez I doubt there's any United players that Real will fear.

Considering United helped Ronaldo into the beast that is now 60% of Real Madrid. I think Fergie has one or two tricks under his sleeve to stop him. Bale has been amazing this season I must admit but the way he copies Ronaldo with those free kick stances is just annoying to me.

Im a spurs fan and it annoys the hell out of me too.
Having said that, if they keep hitting the onion bag, keep doing them lol

He'll be gone in the summer. Spurs are too small for him.

Depends. The least we need to do is top 4. If one of the big spanish clubs come in or possibly Bayern, he might leave.
Seems pretty routed tho so hopefully he will carry on doing what he is doing.
At the lane!

Aside from RVP, Rooney & Hernandez I doubt there's any United players that Real will fear.

Contradictory post - baffling. Are you saying we do have players Real will fear or no? :cuckoo:

12 points clear in the league and still reading clueless posts on here saying Utd are a poor team! Once again: :cuckoo:

United with all their strength in the frontline will not be able to handle Real Madrid unless they stop Alonso, Khedira and Ozil... these are the main lynchpin's of Madrid's attack and are the main focal points for Ronaldo's final ball... the battle can only be won in the midfield thats it... if you cant stop this trivote you cant stop them from scoring... if you stop them, Ronaldo and Co. will be reduced to taking glory shots from distance... thats how all the teams who beat Real this season in La Liga went along with the strategy...

Contradictory post - baffling. Are you saying we do have players Real will fear or no? :cuckoo:

12 points clear in the league and still reading clueless posts on here saying Utd are a poor team! Once again: :cuckoo:

True test is CL. Lets see how they do in that. United might be best in EPL, but aren't close in rest of Europe.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the Old Trafford leg, the atmosphere there might make Ronaldo consider coming back since he's treated like sometimes like nothing and will always be in Messis shadow so...

There is no 'might' or a return... ManU cant afford him now or in the future... and face it, with the years advancing his price will fall as will the basic component that made him the player he is... his relentless pace. So I dont see any chance of him EVER coming back to ManU...

True test is CL. Lets see how they do in that. United might be best in EPL, but aren't close in rest of Europe.

Exactly.

It's one thing getting a big lead in a weak domestic competition but that won't help them overcome the likes of Real or Barcelona. The midfield weakness that has been exploited by Spanish teams in the past will again get exposed but I'm sure all the Fergie apologists will have their excuses ready.

There's about as much chance of this United squad winning a Champions League as there is of Welbeck ever breaking Messi's record for goals scored in a year.

Sounds to me like Suarez is at the perfect club :wink1:

Exactly.

It's one thing getting a big lead in a weak domestic competition but that won't help them overcome the likes of Real or Barcelona. The midfield weakness that has been exploited by Spanish teams in the past will again get exposed but I'm sure all the Fergie apologists will have their excuses ready.

There's about as much chance of this United squad winning a Champions League as there is of Welbeck ever breaking Messi's record for goals scored in a year.

Sounds to me like Suarez is at the perfect club :wink1:

To say the prem is weak is wide off the mark. You only have to look at how well english teams progress in the champions league of the last 6 or 7 years to see that.
And regarding Man U's chances , you only have to look at what Chelsea did last year and United are more than capable.

Having said that, I do think they will go out. If its Carrick and Cleverland, they have to have there best ever games for they're club. The defence has leaked goals this season early on and against these kind of teams, you rarely get second chances.

Pressure is on Real to deliver tho so this will be interesting.
United have to score. Does'nt matter if they lose but they need the away goal.

To say the prem is weak is wide off the mark. You only have to look at how well english teams progress in the champions league of the last 6 or 7 years to see that.
And regarding Man U's chances , you only have to look at what Chelsea did last year and United are more than capable.

Having said that, I do think they will go out. If its Carrick and Cleverland, they have to have there best ever games for they're club. The defence has leaked goals this season early on and against these kind of teams, you rarely get second chances.

Pressure is on Real to deliver tho so this will be interesting.
United have to score. Does'nt matter if they lose but they need the away goal.

When a team with a suspect goalie, a kamikaze defence, no decent midfielders under the age of 38 and Danny Welbeck can get a 12 point lead, that suggests to me that the rest of the teams in the league aren't up to much.

Given their recent record against Spanish teams only one outcome seems likely and that's a convincing win for Real.

Manu will win title for ONE reason alone. RVP. Same reason we climbed back to 4th last year. Without Van Persie there is no way united are 12 points ahead.

There is no 'might' or a return... ManU cant afford him now or in the future... and face it, with the years advancing his price will fall as will the basic component that made him the player he is... his relentless pace. So I dont see any chance of him EVER coming back to ManU...

Sorry, I meant after his contract runs out.

I can see Ronaldo returning to play for United in a testimonial game for another player or some kind of charity match but that's all.

Even though United's debt is decreasing it's doubtful that it'll have gone down enough by the time Madrid are likely to try and cash in to make a transfer possible.

United have David De Gea to thank for the result as without his saves Real would have wrapped up the tie comfortably.

PSG are looking good this year. I can see them as the dark horses. Looking forward to seeing Barca play, its been kinda quiet the talk about them. I guess you just don't need to hype them up anymore, everyone knows how good they are.

Corsair being that your a UTD fan you should know better to write UTD off. Your got one of the best managers in the world. Fergie knows the Prem inside out, that's why UTD are 12pts clear & when it comes to knock outs the best teams don't always win. You can even go unbeaten by drawing your 2 legs & going out on away goals. I don't know why people are fearing Real either, there miles behind Barca in the league & its been years since there done anything in Europe.

Back