English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fan wrote on Sky Sports News & I couldn't agree more

Bayern munich were impressive. Defending as a team, well organised, full of depth and of course quality, ( hint wenger: some of which they payed good money for.) An example of a well run club, paying off it's new stadium, paying competitive salaries, that doesn't rip off it's fans and that can still spend money on good players!! Arsenal?? Apart from Wilshere, Cazorla and Koschelny. who were excellent, disorganised in defence, lacking quality, depth and solidity and for most of the game not in the same league. The defence needs a complete overhaul, The goalkeeper is an accident waiting to happen and they are in desperate need of a spine. But these are the same problems we've been talking about for years!!!Whether Wenger stays or not, some serious soul searching and investment is required for next year when they will hopefully be playing in the Europa league..at best!!

When you look at Arsenals ticket prices compared to its squad & to other clubs its just sickening
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...icket-prices-revealed--Arsenal-expensive.html

Last edited:
The board need f__king in the a_s and so does Wenger!

Both positions need overhauling desperately!

IMO there is only one man for the job, and that is Jose Mourinho. Compare that guys record over the last 10 years compared with Wengers.

Ok, he isn't typically an Arsenal man but that is maybe a good thing. We need Mourinho to come in and attract quality european players to the club. The man is 'special' no question about that!

Yeah I agree with that. He's doesn't play the most attractive football but he's a winner & I would prefer to win than lose

The boards a huge problem, the biggest problem. This day has been coming. Every season Arsenal have been getting worse & worse but as long as that board is there this team will only get worse. Mourinho wouldn't work them, he likes to spend but all the best managers do. Barca have a complete team of superstars for example & even they bring in at least one experienced player each season to keep things fresh. Arsenal won't get penny of me now. I feel like I've been supporting a company like Apple not a football team. I hope supporters stop showing up for games. The ticket pices are disgusting & to see what the next up & coming superstar to be just sold on. Aldo the board talk about there revenue like its a cup win. There **** heads, Rant over :lol

Look on the bright side Arsenal fans, your pies are 40p cheaper than the ones at Spurs, surely that's something to be proud of?

Then again the way things are going they might have been bought from a dodgy supplier and they'll end up having horsemeat in them :lol

Last edited:
Ha probably yeah :lol

Didn't expect AC to beat Barca 2-0. Makes for a great 2nd Leg at the nou camp
I actually did expect AC to beat Barca because if you saw the last few Barca matches the players somehow seem to be playing with the energy turned down... the wins they managed against Granada were literally scraped through in a sluggish manner. I expected them to put the foot on the gas in the CL matches but in the first half when I saw they were playing in the same lackluster way they have been playing recently in La Liga I was sure Milan would win or hope for a draw...

I hope this loss puts some 'anger' back in the team as they get ready for a tough match against Sevilla and 2 El Classicos in 4 days. But overall AC Milan deserved to win because they played to win, Barca played like as if they didnt care and were looking for a draw...

Its impossible for Barca to go through now... not conceding a goal is impossible considering the defence of Barca has NEVER been solid in their history and on top of that scoring enough goals against a solid 8 man zonal and man marking defence... Ambrosini and every player in the zone triple teamed Messi whenever he got a touch on the ball... I dont see Milan changing their tactics and with tactics like that its unlikely Barca will score let alone more than 2 that too without conceding.

CL is over for Barca... they better get the Cup and the League...

Ha probably yeah :lol

Didn't expect AC to beat Barca 2-0. Makes for a great 2nd Leg at the nou camp

Weird stuff is happening this week as in addition to the Barcelona defeat Nani scored a goal AND got an assist in Monday's FA Cup win over Reading....I think Hernandez had to check the replay to make sure it was a United winger that put the cross in as they normally hit the first defender.

Dream on...

He'll only come back for the United job.
Jose maybe a good manager but hes only great for quick fix results... thats it. When he leaves, which is inevitable, he leaves a club reeling in disorganisation simply because his brand of management builds nothing for the future... see what happened to the clubs after he left them... Dont think United, a club whose biggest strength in the modern days have been continuity and holding a certain standard quality consistently will want that...

Jose is a modern day mercenary... he might give you trophies (but he'll need either need to inherit a really talented side (Porto with the likes of Deco, Carvalho, Baia) or a blank chequebook... Arsenal cant offer him either and ManU wont be able to give him the former... Mourinho's best destination is Chelsea again...

Mourinho would inevitably win some trophies for United and is very similar to Fergie in his prodigious ability for winding up opposing fans, teams and the media but isn't really the guy for the long term.

The Ronaldo return rumors aren't going away,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...und-manchester-united-can-pull-084503777.html

If the method touted for raising the cash in that article is workable then United should go for it, their annual profits are rising and the debt is falling so if Fergie wants to make 1 more big signing before he retires then he may as well make the biggest possible one there is.

mourinho would inevitably win some trophies for united and is very similar to fergie in his prodigious ability for winding up opposing fans, teams and the media but isn't really the guy for the long term.

The ronaldo return rumors aren't going away,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...und-manchester-united-can-pull-084503777.html

if the method touted for raising the cash in that article is workable then united should go for it, their annual profits are rising and the debt is falling so if fergie wants to make 1 more big signing before he retires then he may as well make the biggest possible one there is.

That would be Messi then :D

Jose maybe a good manager but hes only great for quick fix results... thats it. When he leaves, which is inevitable, he leaves a club reeling in disorganisation simply because his brand of management builds nothing for the future... see what happened to the clubs after he left them... Dont think United, a club whose biggest strength in the modern days have been continuity and holding a certain standard quality consistently will want that...

Jose is a modern day mercenary... he might give you trophies (but he'll need either need to inherit a really talented side (Porto with the likes of Deco, Carvalho, Baia) or a blank chequebook... Arsenal cant offer him either and ManU wont be able to give him the former... Mourinho's best destination is Chelsea again...

Sad thing is Arsenal could offer him plenty of money. There one of the most financially sound teams in the world. IF this financial fair play thing really happens then he would actually be at one of the best clubs money wise. Except the problem is he wouldn't get to spend any of it, Arsenal board aren't interested in winning cups though. Jose at Arsenal would want to buy players so they can sell them on. Ha the more I talk about it the more I realise how Arsenal & Mourinho are a complete miss match, I don't think Jose has ever liked Arsenal much either.

I can actually see Jose at City, money & squad. I really like Mancini but I just don't rate him that highly as a manager. Yeah I know he won the Prem last season but with that squad UTD shouldn't of came close.

His Champions League record with City & Inter is rubbish

I would like to see Messi prove his self in another league & I don't mean just the Prem but Italian & the German league, which is getting stronger & stronger or all 3.

Mourinho would inevitably win some trophies for United and is very similar to Fergie in his prodigious ability for winding up opposing fans, teams and the media but isn't really the guy for the long term.

The Ronaldo return rumors aren't going away,

If the method touted for raising the cash in that article is workable then United should go for it, their annual profits are rising and the debt is falling so if Fergie wants to make 1 more big signing before he retires then he may as well make the biggest possible one there is.

Can you imagine being a defense and facing Van P, Ronaldo, Rooney?
Oh man!!
We will see soon enough

Nah, Messi's too scared to step out of his comfort zone and prove himself outside of the Barcelona bubble he lives in.
How about loyalty? or indebtedness in the fact that Barca payed for his whole treatment as a child and his family's relocation so he's giving them their investment back? and hey maybe one club players like Scholes, Maldini, Xavi, Casillas were too scared to step out of their comfort zone too... I see nothing wrong in sticking to one club.

Plus he is winning, breaking records AND is the highest paid salary wise... why would he want to leave all of this besides the previously mentioned points? And honestly I dont think Messi will stay forever in Barca... mark my words. In 5/6 seasons time you may see Messi in another club, Barca have a history of selling of big names once they feel they are not performing to the standards of their highest level. Its a trend Ive seen over years...

Nah, Messi's too scared to step out of his comfort zone and prove himself outside of the Barcelona bubble he lives in.

He can't be considered the best until he's played in the Premier League at an away match on a Monday night at a cold and wet DW Stadium.

I would like to see Messi prove his self in another league & I don't mean just the Prem but Italian & the German league, which is getting stronger & stronger or all 3.

The Bundesliga will be considered better then the Premier League in afew years.

My manager at work was telling me Fergie had a crash on Thursday afternoon near my folks house. Drove over one of those mini roundabouts and totalled her mates car.
People started to gather, Fergie's car only had a cracked number plate so he apparently wound down his window and handed them a Utd business card, told them to phone the number and sped off toward Carrington.
The upshot is; they phoned the number, Fergie (via his yank secretary) took full responsibility (not suprised as he was clocked on his mobile whilst driving) and insisted Utd would take care of everything.
Within an hour, a Hummer pulled up with a BMW X5 behind, two big black dudes knocked on the door and dropped the Beemer off...
Fergie trying to avoid a PA nightmare :)
I'll update when I know more ...

Last edited:
I really dont see the german league overtaking the prem. When you consider the top 4 sides and then the likes Everton, liverpool and possibly Newcastle when they are all fit, are would say we are quite a bit stronger.

With Messi playing for Barca and consistently performing well in the champions league, he has nothing to prove.

The only thing I would say is the obvious comparisons to Maradone will never go away so to deliver for Argentina at the highest level may be the only thing for him to do.

Back