English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you imagine being a defense and facing Van P, Ronaldo, Rooney?
Oh man!!
We will see soon enough

Until a deal is done I'll remain sceptical but it's definitely something I think United should try to make happen.

Half time at QPR and Rafael has given United the lead but RVP has gone off injured....hope this isn't the start of a repeat of his Arsenal career.

The only thing I would say is the obvious comparisons to Maradone will never go away so to deliver for Argentina at the highest level may be the only thing for him to do.
I know a lot of Argentines and for some odd reason they actualy dont consider Messi 'Argentinian' which is one of the reasons I think no matter what Messi does his comparisons with Maradona/rather him being considered not at El Diego's level will never go away... they see him more Spanish which is kinda unfair because Messi was called up for the Spanish U-17 squad long back because he does have Spanish citizenship however he turned it down to play for Argentina.
If he had chosen to play for Spain in that u-17 squad which had his La Masia teammates like Fabregas, Victor Vasquez and Pique as teammates he would probably have ended up spearheading the current Spanish team... funny thing is Messi is of Italian descent - his ancestors were from Ancona in Italy.

I know a lot of Argentines and for some odd reason they actualy dont consider Messi 'Argentinian' which is one of the reasons I think no matter what Messi does his comparisons with Maradona/rather him being considered not at El Diego's level will never go away... they see him more Spanish which is kinda unfair because Messi was called up for the Spanish U-17 squad long back because he does have Spanish citizenship however he turned it down to play for Argentina.
If he had chosen to play for Spain in that u-17 squad which had his La Masia teammates like Fabregas, Victor Vasquez and Pique as teammates he would probably have ended up spearheading the current Spanish team... funny thing is Messi is of Italian descent - his ancestors were from Ancona in Italy.

Thats quite interesting. I knew of his connections with spain but didnt know he was of italian descent.
Well I was lucky enough to see Maradone play but for me, Messi is better. A world cup would really top it off and shut alot of people up.
As good as he is, it is very easy to forget just how good Zidane was over a long period of time.
I often watch his clips on youtube.. such an amazing player.
His son is looking pretty good too.

I really dont see the german league overtaking the prem. When you consider the top 4 sides and then the likes Everton, liverpool and possibly Newcastle when they are all fit, are would say we are quite a bit stronger.

Bayern, Dortmund & Schalke are all still in the Champions League and may all go through to the quarter finals. Man Utd may still go through but Arsenal have no chance.

Bayern, Dortmund & Schalke are all still in the Champions League and may all go through to the quarter finals. Man Utd may still go through but Arsenal have no chance.
:horror:horror

Bayern are already through, no way can this Arsenal side travel to the Allianz Arena and overturn a 3 away goal loss deficit. The only other side besides Bayern to have made it through are Milan - simply because with their defensive tactics and the lack of a coach for Barca to give them a tactical breakthrough (which Pep was a master at and was the reason for all of Barca's success against Milan) and as well as the way Barca suddenly seem to be playing towards the end of the season Its unlikely they will score 3 goals in the Campu Nou and not concede any... The Sevilla game today shows exactly the difference Between Barca from day one of the season and now. From day one in the league Barca played in frenetic and relentless pace with no compromise on attack - last night it was again a tired display with Barca's tempo not even 40% of what they started the season with...

The German league is a wealthy league. I think it's actually 2nd to the Prem & with FFP coming in that can only be good news to the Germans as there already set up under them rules. I can see them being the next power it's sort of been between Spain & England in recent years but the Italian league is getting stronger & stronger to.

I'm still interested to see how well the FFP rules really work though.

True they are great sides and I actually fancy Dortmund to maybe win it.
Outside of those sides though, I dont think they are as strong.

And Arsenal will go out.

Ha yeah if they can't beat Championship sides there not going to beat Bayern in Munich :lol

I fancy either Bayern or PSG to win the Champions League. I would like to see Dortmund win it though. Great young team playing great football.

Eh. Spuds still suck. Not even close to us in trophies won. Plus they have 5 tough games coming up. They'll drop massive points. We need to win and leapfrog them.

Eh. Spuds still suck. Not even close to us in trophies won. Plus they have 5 tough games coming up. They'll drop massive points. We need to win and leapfrog them.

Haha stop living in the past. The only silver passing through the emirates in the last 8 years is Wenger's hair lol

Bad times ahead for the south London red !

Haha stop living in the past. The only silver passing through the emirates in the last 8 years is Wenger's hair lol

Bad times ahead for the south London red !

Lets see in may. I remember spuds fans celebrating this time last year. And we all know how that turned out. :wave

And I must have missed all the silver wear spuds have won this past decade.

Lets see in may. I remember spuds fans celebrating this time last year. And we all know how that turned out. :wave

And I must have missed all the silver wear spuds have won this past decade.

Yep we will see. Hopefully no distractions this time.
This time last year, you had RVP !
I think we all know the cracks were well and truly papered .

Please if this is true just sell the club

https://www1.skysports.com/football...er-Stan-Kroenke-has-no-plans-to-sell-the-club

Yeah Arsenal lost today & I expected it to be honest, there been so poor this season but Spurs supporters don't get ahead of your self, yeah Arsenal are miles away from winning a trophy of worth which is the Prem or Champions Lge but so are Spurs. Spurs are the dark horses this season & congrats to them but all this gloating from them & there done nothing yet. Even if they reach the Champions Lge which I'm sure they will this season. It means nothing, Arsenal have been in the Campions League every season for as long as I can remember but who cares because there not going to win it, just like Spurs won't either. In the league Spurs are a million miles away from Utd so whats there to gloat about. So basically start gloating when you actually win something & I don't mean the League or FA Cup, teams like Portmouth & Swansea can manage to win them. Arsenal have been a sinking lower & lower every season & its sad to see. There got a 150 million in the bank to spend on players so Spend it but one good thing is it won't be Arsenals prized asset linked to all the big dogs this summer but it'll be Bale. Spurs without Bale just aren't the same at all.

Please if this is true just sell the club

https://www1.skysports.com/football...er-Stan-Kroenke-has-no-plans-to-sell-the-club

Yeah Arsenal lost today & I expected it to be honest, there been so poor this season but Spurs supporters don't get ahead of your self, yeah Arsenal are miles away from winning a trophy of worth which is the Prem or Champions Lge but so are Spurs. Spurs are the dark horses this season & congrats to them but all this gloating from them & there done nothing yet. Even if they reach the Champions Lge which I'm sure they will this season. It means nothing, Arsenal have been in the Campions League every season for as long as I can remember but who cares because there not going to win it, just like Spurs won't either. In the league Spurs are a million miles away from Utd so whats there to gloat about. So basically start gloating when you actually win something & I don't mean the League or FA Cup, teams like Portmouth & Swansea can manage to win them. Arsenal have been a sinking lower & lower every season & its sad to see. There got a 150 million in the bank to spend on players so Spend it but one good thing is it won't be Arsenals prized asset linked to all the big dogs this summer but it'll be Bale. Spurs without Bale just aren't the same at all.

Well when you consider where we were not long ago staring down the barrel of relegation, to be where we are with the squad we have is a massive achievement and to establish ourselves as a top 4 side is huge.
this has been done thru great backing and excellent young signings which has provided us with a strong future. Something arsenal hasnt.
Wenger is probably the victim of his own success but he now seems deluded with the current crop of players as the club moves backwards.
He has done so well getting into the top 4 each year but there has been many times where with a few signings, they could have achieved so much more.
So the fans suffer. And for what ? some of the highest ticket prices in europe.
The club has lost its way. Seats are not getting filled and the board do not seem to be on the right page.
Maybe its time for a change, someone to come in and freshen it up because the way its going, it wont be us losing the likes of Bale, it will be you losing Wilshere and co.
since Arsenal last won a trophy, the players that left have notched up 64 trophies and counting. Pretty scary.

Im just enjoying the ride and watching us play good football.
We have some tough games coming up but if we are in the top 4 end of March, I think we will do it.
Makes it interesting.

Yeah Arsenal need to spend & spend big this season. There got a decent midfield. Like I think they had 60% of the possession at Spurs not many teams can do that but up front there lacking. Big time. If they had a decent striker they wouldn't of lost yesterday & don't get me started on the defence. AW has been deluded there's no doubts about that, every season he says I have money but I'll only buy if I can improve the squad & then buys no one. I think he thinks he's got got Barca's squad some times until they get on the pitch. Your got some valid points gypsy but I disagree when you talk about investing in youth, that's Arsenals one strong point but just because your in the Champions League doesn't mean Bale will stay. I can't see him going next season but a 200K contract & the prospects of playing for Real, Barca, City or Utd no player will turn that down.

Back