English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Arsenal need to spend & spend big this season. There got a decent midfield. Like I think they had 60% of the possession at Spurs not many teams can do that but up front there lacking. Big time. If they had a decent striker they wouldn't of lost yesterday & don't get me started on the defence. AW has been deluded there's no doubts about that, every season he says I have money but I'll only buy if I can improve the squad & then buys no one. I think he thinks he's got got Barca's squad some times until they get on the pitch. Your got some valid points gypsy but I disagree when you talk about investing in youth, that's Arsenals one strong point but just because your in the Champions League doesn't mean Bale will stay. I can't see him going next season but a 200K contract & the prospects of playing for Real, Barca, City or Utd no player will turn that down.

Well investing in youth has always been a strong point of Arsenal, infact maybe to much when experience was needed. Of late tho, and it wasn't to long when all the talk was of the Arsenal kids ! where are they ??
Would be a bold move to move Wenger out but maybe the time is now. If not that, atleast get someone in in a David Dein role or a director of football... someone to take care of the transfers and let Wenger take care of the team.
Regarding Bale, I actually doubt United would and could afford to go for him now. Really depends what Levy's intentions are in summer.With 2 or 3 top players, we may be able to push on if we make 4th or 3rd this season.
A huge offer from one of the spanish big teams would be interesting.
Sometimes you can look at a player and sense he will move on. I dont get that with Bale right now as he looks really happy.
Also the birth of his daughter could do us a favour ... staying routed.

And her initials are AVB ! surely he cant move now lol

If there's even a slightest hint of truth that Ronaldo can be brought back to OT then there's no point United even considering Bale.

As for whether they could afford either, the debt is steadily falling and the profits continue to be healthy especially when there's cash coming in from new sponsorship deals such as the one with Chevrolet/GM.

Maybe they can't spend big as consistently as they used to but the RVP deal proves that cash is there if Ferguson wants a player enough.

Man Utd could afford Bale. Levy is a clever man though when it comes to selling a player, give him credit he'll only sell him for exactly what he thinks he's worth + more. I want to see what Arsenal do this summer though, transfer wise. Funny thing is, Arsenal could afford Bale (not that Spurs would ever sell him to them) but Arsenal have a massive war chest built up now. According to Gazidas (I think that's his name) when the FFP kicks in this is when they'll start competing again with the rest of the big teams. If Arsenal can buy 3 quality players. A proven striker, a proven centre back & a good defensive midfielder they'll be a strong team again but it's a big IF. I'm hoping if Arsenal don't make the Champs Lge that'll be the kick up the *** AW & the board need. You can see AW is really feeling the tension of the supporters now. He looks stressed but its all his own doing. If you keep selling your best players there's no way your going to be able to keep competing.

But according to Calderon the former Real President, Real are preparing to get Bale this summer
https://m.talksport.co.uk/radio/ric...-bale-ronaldo-mourinho-and-real-madrid-192504

Man Utd could afford Bale. Levy is a clever man though when it comes to selling a player, give him credit he'll only sell him for exactly what he thinks he's worth + more. I want to see what Arsenal do this summer though, transfer wise. Funny thing is, Arsenal could afford Bale (not that Spurs would ever sell him to them) but Arsenal have a massive war chest built up now. According to Gazidas (I think that's his name) when the FFP kicks in this is when they'll start competing again with the rest of the big teams. If Arsenal can buy 3 quality players. A proven striker, a proven centre back & a good defensive midfielder they'll be a strong team again but it's a big IF. I'm hoping if Arsenal don't make the Champs Lge that'll be the kick up the *** AW & the board need. You can see AW is really feeling the tension of the supporters now. He looks stressed but its all his own doing. If you keep selling your best players there's no way your going to be able to keep competing.

But according to Calderon the former Real President, Real are preparing to get Bale this summer
https://m.talksport.co.uk/radio/ric...-bale-ronaldo-mourinho-and-real-madrid-192504

Im not so sure. I think the days of United spending 30 + mil are gone now. to be fair, every big club will want him considering how he has progressed and his age.
Also im not sure Levy would sell to a prem club. We actually took less for Modric than if he were to sign to chelsea.
I just dont get wemger sometimes. when I saw the team sheet and see Podolski was benched, I thought great !
He is quality and has over 60 caps in a strong german side. why play him out of position ?? Seems a waste.
I think you def need at least 3 top players and maybe a few to strengthen the bench. Definitely need a powerhouse leader in the middle and I think the keeper needs to be put on his toes with some competition. I dont know why you didnt sign Samba... great prem defender and really strong.
It would be risky not finishing in the top 4 but Arsenal will still attract players with the brand of football they play. Like you say, could be the kick up the backside u need.

All this being said, if the chelsea fans continue to do what they are doing, they may actually finish behind spurs and arsenal. Crazy.

Yeah I didn't realise how Chelsea have fallen till recently. They were actually quite ahead of Spurs at one point & Arsenal are only 5 points behind them. I think Arsenal will have to be happy with 5th this season though & even thats an if but yeah Arsenal need strengthening all over but 3 good experienced players would be a good start. Especially with the fact that there not even bought one for years :lol

QPR I just noticed are only 4 points now away from getting out of the relegation zone. It would be an amazing achievement if they can pull that off.

Aston Villa though its not looking good for them. There a big team, there actually an example of what can happen to you if you don't spend.

European giants to start bidding war over Neymar starting from 86 million pounds. For a player that hasn't proved himself in Europe or Spain and is known for flashy tricks and hair I'm calling bs.

European giants to start bidding war over Neymar starting from 86 million pounds. For a player that hasn't proved himself in Europe or Spain and is known for flashy tricks and hair I'm calling bs.

I saw Neymar in the Olympics, another con artist that spent more time falling over looking for free kicks than doing anything meaningful.

But because he's Brazilian and does a couple of tricks evey so often he's instantly elevated to God like status :cuckoo:

Neymar IMO is enroute to be the next Robinho... I sincerely hope neither Barca or Bayern set out to buy him (Bayern's interest is probably more rumour, but Barca's is legit) Id let Real Madrid shell an exhorbitant fee for him and along with Gareth Bale do their usual crazy shopping of star players to sell t-shirts.

Funny enough me & my mates were talking about Neymar & I was surprised we all agreed that he was completely over rated. When it comes to football we rarely agree. Barca & Bayern aren't that stupid to pay that kind of money. Not even City would. Only Real & maybe PSG. PSG were crazy paying 40 million Euro's for Lucas IMO

I don't like them much but the referee has cost Utd big time tonight sending off Nani. Ferguson is going to be furious. Can't wait to hear what he has to say about that :lol

On a side note I really hope Real dont win the Champions League. Anyone but them, I don't know why but I've always disliked them.

United deserved all they got.

Not starting with 2 up front and leaving Rooney out in place of Welbeck was a very negative approach and they were barely any threat until they managed to take the lead.

It was only after losing a player ( although Nani barely qualifies as any kind of player ) and going behind that they started to play anything like normal but even with 20 minutes left and 2 quick goals required Ferguson still wouldn't put Hernandez on :cuckoo:

I reckon he should be telling his agent to find him another club because he's way too good to rot on United's bench....teams like Spurs and Arsenal would benefit from his services.

United have benefitted from dubious decisions many, many times in the past so Nani's red is no excuse although I expect Bacon Face will be whining about it in the media by morning.

The simple truth is they just weren't good enough.

Last edited:
I thought united were the better team until the card came out. should have had a pen too from Ramos.
I dont think you can blame the ref for showing red. I had a feeling he might when Nani was down.
Im not saying its the right decision but the rules to sometimes stop refs from using there brain.
I would have been pissed if it were my team tho.
Rooney was a big call tho. I would have played him !

Well done Modric tho. Thought he changed both games when he came on and what a great goal.
Over to Arsenal to produce the impossible and keep the english sides represented.

I thought united were the better team until the card came out. should have had a pen too from Ramos.
I dont think you can blame the ref for showing red. I had a feeling he might when Nani was down.
Im not saying its the right decision but the rules to sometimes stop refs from using there brain.

Well done Modric tho. Thought he changed both games when he came on and what a great goal.
Over to Arsenal to produce the impossible and keep the english sides represented.

Arsenal. Ha I actually forgot there technically still in it. Actually hope Spurs go on to win the Europa

Dear RVP:

So glad you left Arsenal to win the champions league. Guess we'll both be watching from the couch. :peace

Nice to see the team you betrayed are still in it for another week.

United show yet again how weak they are outside of England.

i think bayern will be in for Suares, currently he falcao RVP would be tied for the 3rd best strikers, but Suares isnt as good as a finisher as the other 2, but on the other he creates much more and scores difficult ones rather finishing ones that are there to be scored,

We must have watched different games. Madrid had 65 percent possession, more shots on goal and double the corners. United tried to park the bus and got burned.

Back