English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
United parked the bus and hit madrid on the counter creating more chances, Agreed, Ref changed the game, but anyone saying United playing better till then, are taking the piss, they were playing negatve at home knowing the value of one goal scored by Madrid is equal to 2 ,, they hoped to use welbeck and nanis pace on the counter or Giggs supplying his killer passes to Rvp on the break,,all that went out the window after Nani got send off,
tactically fergie got it right, but paybacks a ***** and every ABU will be happy to see United get a dose of their own medicine

i think bayern will be in for Suares, currently he falcao RVP would be tied for the 3rd best strikers, but Suares isnt as good as a finisher as the other 2, but on the other he creates much more and scores difficult ones rather finishing ones that are there to be scored,

I would put Cavani ahead of Suarez, 67 goals in 92 appearances for Napoli & in Serie A is really impressive. He's awesome

Dear RVP:

So glad you left Arsenal to win the champions league. Guess we'll both be watching from the couch. :peace

Nice to see the team you betrayed are still in it for another week.

United show yet again how weak they are outside of England.

Choosing to sign for a team that's always in with a chance of winning something even with a weak squad instead of sticking with one who's fans still seem to think are relevant due their unbeaten league season all those years ago is no betrayal, it's perfectly understandable.

Top players want to be winning stuff and it's blatantly obvious that Arsenal aren't winning anything for the forseeable future so when United came calling RVP took the opportunity and has so far made the most of it which is largely why United are currently 24 points ahead of Arsenal in the league.

Wanting to win a Champions League with United is unrealistic whilst Ferguson is still in charge but he was never likely to win it with Arsenal either.

At least with United he's still likely to have at one winners medal at the end of the season instead of nothing.

Last edited:
Arsenal. Ha I actually forgot there technically still in it. Actually hope Spurs go on to win the Europa

Would be a shock if you did it but you never know. Just look at chelsea for 3 of they're games.
We wont beat inter. I actually think we will lose both games. Im pleased we are playing decent consistent champions league teams.

I also think the winner of europa should make champs league at the expense of last paced league qualifier in the winners domestic league.

Choosing to sign for a team that's always in with a chance of winning something even with a weak squad instead of sticking with one who's fans still seem to think are relevant due their unbeaten league season all those years ago is no betrayal, it's perfectly understandable.

Top players want to be winning stuff and it's blatantly obvious that Arsenal aren't winning anything for the forseeable future so when United came calling RVP took the opportunity and has so far made the most of it which is largely why United are currently 24 points ahead of Arsenal in the league.

Wanting to win a Champions League with United is unrealistic whilst Ferguson is still in charge but he was never likely to win it with Arsenal either.

At least with United he's still likely to have at one winners medal at the end of the season instead of nothing.

Arsenal stuck with RVP for 7 years. 4 of those he was injured and never played. Would be nice to show some loyalty. No worries though. When his contract is up he will demand more than united wants to pay and he will move on

We must have watched different games. Madrid had 65 percent possession, more shots on goal and double the corners. United tried to park the bus and got burned.

Id hardly call it parking the bus. They had a game plan and stuck to it. Dont remember de goat doing to much in goal and I certainly remember the madrid keeper making some great saves.
Infact it was only when Modric came on and the gaps appeared after the card when madrid's big players started to play.

I thought madrid were going to romp this but it was much closer over the 2 matches.

Arsenal stuck with RVP for 7 years. 4 of those he was injured and never played. Would be nice to show some loyalty. No worries though. When his contract is up he will demand more than united wants to pay and he will move on

Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are the last of a dying breed....decent United midfielders :lol

They're also among the last players of the modern era to have any loyalty beyond how much they get paid so expecting RVP to have had any for Arsenal is naive to say the least.

In 2-3 years when his sell by date arrives United will likely have no trouble replacing him as their debt will be even less and their reputation will still be strong enough to attract top players.

Aresenal have only got themselves to blame. I think alot of Arsenal fans under all the bitterness know that !

Id hardly call it parking the bus. They had a game plan and stuck to it. Dont remember de goat doing to much in goal and I certainly remember the madrid keeper making some great saves.
Infact it was only when Modric came on and the gaps appeared after the card when madrid's big players started to play.

I thought madrid were going to romp this but it was much closer over the 2 matches.

it was slightly negative but it was the right tactic, cos he had the pace of Nani and welbeck and giggs to provide the cutting pass and a lethal finisher in RVP.
the problem was evey Madrid goal after they scored one was going to count as 2. so United first priority was to stop madrid scoring and trust their attack, it worked, they parked the bus and attacked with pace when they got a chance , classsic counter attacking

Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are the last of a dying breed....decent United midfielders :lol

They're also among the last players of the modern era to have any loyalty beyond how much they get paid so expecting RVP to have had any for Arsenal is naive to say the least.

In 2-3 years when his sell by date arrives United will likely have no trouble replacing him as their debt will be even less and their reputation will still be strong enough to attract top players.

Id probably include Steven Gerrard in that group especially with how Liverpool have had to re build but yeah

Aresenal have only got themselves to blame. I think alot of Arsenal fans under all the bitterness know that !

We will not be held hostage by one player. He was selfish. Simple as that. When you see American nfl players redo their contracts so the team has more money to sign players...that's loyalty when RVP says you pay me 400,000 a week or I'm leaving..that's just selfish. I don't care which club you follow...to bankrupt a club for your own sake is stupid.

We will not be held hostage by one player. He was selfish. Simple as that. When you see American nfl players redo their contracts so the team has more money to sign players...that's loyalty when RVP says you pay me 400,000 a week or I'm leaving..that's just selfish. I don't care which club you follow...to bankrupt a club for your own sake is stupid.

I really do not think it was about money with RVP. If that was the case, he would be playing for city as they were in for him. Podolski was a great buy and I think van persie gave it a chance to see what the club would do. He hardly picked his dream team signing giroud, Santos, squillaci and Gervinho and basically set out for 4th and a cup run.
Its hardly ambitious for a club that went unbeaten and challenged at the top.
Also I think I remember a stat that Arsenal have only ever signed 1 payer in the January transfer window in Arshavin.
He had 1 big move at his age so you can hardly blame him.

As for Liverpool, from nearly winning the league, winning and playing in the champs league to finishing below everton and not even making the europa cup IS rebuilding lol.

And Liverpool are 130 million dollars in debt. Re building not doing so well.

Might be 130 million pounds..which makes it worse.

Sorry miss read that...

May be in debt but they are going in the right direction now. could be closer to 4th next season

I really do not think it was about money with RVP. If that was the case, he would be playing for city as they were in for him. Podolski was a great buy and I think van persie gave it a chance to see what the club would do. He hardly picked his dream team signing giroud, Santos, squillaci and Gervinho and basically set out for 4th and a cup run.
Its hardly ambitious for a club that went unbeaten and challenged at the top.
Also I think I remember a stat that Arsenal have only ever signed 1 payer in the January transfer window in Arshavin.
He had 1 big move at his age so you can hardly blame him.

As for Liverpool, from nearly winning the league, winning and playing in the champs league to finishing below everton and not even making the europa cup IS rebuilding lol.

Arshavin was the only decent January signing we have had in the modern era. If RVP had stayed, and we signed Carzola, podzolski, and giroud I think that would be a competitive team.

And Liverpool is a joke of the club they used to be. With that amount of debt, it's going to be a long time til they see top 3.

it was slightly negative but it was the right tactic, cos he had the pace of Nani and welbeck and giggs to provide the cutting pass and a lethal finisher in RVP.
the problem was evey Madrid goal after they scored one was going to count as 2. so United first priority was to stop madrid scoring and trust their attack, it worked, they parked the bus and attacked with pace when they got a chance , classsic counter attacking

Nani & Welbeck have pace but 9.5 times out of 10 there's no end product which begs the question "Why does Ferguson keep picking them when they continually fail?"

Welbeck is currently on 2 goals for the season which is 38 less than Ronaldo and even more tellingly less than 3 United defenders ( Evra, Evans and Rafael ). And an old guy ( Giggs ).

Playing 1 man up front without adequate support is also a tactic that never works especially against a team of Real's calibre and I almost switched the TV off once I saw the lineup and formation as it was all too predictable what would happen....United's strength is when they throw all caution to the wind and attack like crazy, not sitting back and trying to bore the opposition to death.

Ferguson's domestic record is without question but if United are to ever win another Champions League he has to go ASAP along with several players.

gypsycatcha,
Gerrard is also another representative of that dying breed of players with some loyalty left and so is Carragher. I may not like their club of choice but I can respect their sticking with it no matter what.

Last edited:
u cant really fault fergie for tactics, United throw everything in attack usually at the last 10 20 minutes and that was the plan maybe, first stop madrid from scoring and then bring on a fresh rooney or chica to bombard madrid in the final minutes, piling pressure, and it worked, they nullified Madrid so it was a perfect european game strategy, even Jose admitted it.

u cant really fault fergie for tactics, United throw everything in attack usually at the last 10 20 minutes and that was the plan maybe, first stop madrid from scoring and then bring on a fresh rooney or chica to bombard madrid in the final minutes, piling pressure, and it worked, they nullified Madrid so it was a perfect european game strategy, even Jose admitted it.

Not sure if you saw the final score, but Madrid won.

Call me old fashioned, but that leads me to believe that United's tactics were less than perfect, Mourinho was being polite out of his obvious respect for Ferguson.

Instead of Rooney or Hernandez in the last few minutes they should have both been on from the start.

Playing negative and only focusing on stopping the opposition from scoring isn't in United's DNA especially as the home side so it was asking for trouble by trying to play that way.

Yeah I totally agree. with 11 men on the field, I fancied them to go on and win.
When you look at the incident, Nani does slightly kick out or look to do so. I wonder if the ref has sent him for that... ? maybe the lino saw it ?

Was talking about it today, you cant send him for that. His eyes were fixated on the ball.
If that was the case, im sure I remember the madrid keeper missing his punch and hitting vidic in the face lol. That would also be deemed endangering an opponent and therefore red .

Back