English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you saw the final score, but Madrid won.

Call me old fashioned, but that leads me to believe that United's tactics were less than perfect, Mourinho was being polite out of his obvious respect for Ferguson.

Instead of Rooney or Hernandez in the last few minutes they should have both been on from the start.

Playing negative and only focusing on stopping the opposition from scoring isn't in United's DNA especially as the home side so it was asking for trouble by trying to play that way.

Rooney was a big call but the game plan was perfect right up until the ref got involved.
I dont remember any of they're big guns having much of an impact due to the way United set out and possibly madrid not being at they're best.

Arshavin was the only decent January signing we have had in the modern era. If RVP had stayed, and we signed Carzola, podzolski, and giroud I think that would be a competitive team.

And Liverpool is a joke of the club they used to be. With that amount of debt, it's going to be a long time til they see top 3.

A decent signing but never repeated his russian form. Again, Wenger played him wide when he played through the middle.

If you had kept those players with Fabregas, clichy, Nasri and Song, you would be competing for the title imo

Rooney was a big call but the game plan was perfect right up until the ref got involved.
I dont remember any of they're big guns having much of an impact due to the way United set out and possibly madrid not being at they're best.

Had the red card not happened I think Madrid would have took it to extra time at the very least, Ronaldo only tends to need one chance and he invariably takes them.

But whatever, it's all done now and I've basically written off another CL win whilst Ferguson is in charge, it's just not meant to be.

Did anyone realise that Man Utd repeated their kits in the 07/08 and 08/09 season? Strange, didnt know a team could keep their kit

Did anyone realise that Man Utd repeated their kits in the 07/08 and 08/09 season? Strange, didnt know a team could keep their kit

Keeping their home kit for at least 2 seasons is nothing new, it only usually changes sooner if the shirt sponsor does.

2nd & 3rd kits seem to be a whole different ballgame, I've lost count of how many different ones United have had since the Premier League era began.

Really pleased with that. Played really well. should go thru even with bale watching it on tv.

Probably a blessing in disguise. It's so easy to pick up a yellow card, especially in the Europa cup. Better Bale miss the 2nd Leg being 3 nil up than missing the 1st Leg of who ever is next. I can't see Spurs going out being 3 up. Should of been atleast 4 up if Defoe wasn't so greedy.

Probably a blessing in disguise. It's so easy to pick up a yellow card, especially in the Europa cup. Better Bale miss the 2nd Leg being 3 nil up than missing the 1st Leg of who ever is next. I can't see Spurs going out being 3 up. Should of been atleast 4 up if Defoe wasn't so greedy.

I agree. As much as I love defoe, sometmes I wish he would pick a pass. Looked desperate to score. Saying that, he had more shots n that game that what Adebeyor has had in his last 3 so il take that lol.
When do your lot play ? tomorrow ?

I don't think there playing till the 16th in the Prem. I think they were supposed to of played Everton this w.end but because they were still in the FA Cup it got postponed. Arsenals next game is Bayern I think, that could turn out embarrassing :slap

Liverpool, Spurs should be a good one though. If it was at WHL I would put my money on Spurs definitely but because its at Anfield it could maybe be a draw. I fancy Spurs to win it if there is a winner though.

I was looking at the Championship. Cardiff actually do look like there finally going to be a Premiership team next season, there in a very healthy position. I can't believe there's going to be 2 Welsh teams in the Prem next season.

Man Utd 2-2 Chelsea

A save from De Gea in the closing moments kept United in the FA Cup after they threw away a 2-0 lead.

Valencia put in yet another dreadful performance and is a disgrace to the number 7 shirt....even Nani doesn't give the ball away as consistently.

Cleverley is another waste of space, he never has any kind of impact on a game and like Welbeck only gets picked because Ferguson is loyal to local players regardless of quality.

Rooney got a goal but was otherwise terrible and gave it away more often than not. If the reports are correct and PSG are really willing to spend silly money on him, I say United should cash in and use it to buy someone who doesn't do his training in the local pie shop.

Hernandez must be wondering what he has to do to get 90 minutes, he scores with his first chance, always looked dangerous and still gets substituted :cuckoo:

Kagawa was just starting to have a bit of influence in the second half and then he gets replaced by Welbeck :cuckoo:

RVP's goals are drying up too, it's fortunate they have a decent lead in the league otherwise there'd be a better than average chance of them throwing a 20th title away.

Last edited:
Missed all the games because I was playing football myself. Liverpool 3 Spurs 2. Like I said I didn't see it but heard Spurs were unlucky to lose that. Newcastle snatched a last minute goal to beat Stoke 2-1

Was the Man U, Chelsea game a good watch though?

Missed all the games because I was playing football myself. Liverpool 3 Spurs 2. Like I said I didn't see it but heard Spurs were unlucky to lose that. Newcastle snatched a last minute goal to beat Stoke 2-1

Was the Man U, Chelsea game a good watch though?

Depends on your point of view I suppose....I enjoyed the first 15-20 minutes :lol

After that United switched off and in the end Chelsea were unlucky not to win.

I almost want this United squad to blow the league for a second year running, anything that would hasten Ferguson's departure because I'm sick of his misguided faith in such mediocre or outright poor players.

Scary how well a mediocre Chelsea team played today. Other than Hernandez, seems the players didn't want to bother. Rafael is a joke of a player.

Another game just tires Chelsea out which is good for us.

We threw the game away :(
played well and was in control until two gifted goals.

Do like the look of Couthino, looks very decent.
Chelsea result was a good one for the race for 3rd and 4th.

Back