English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just see the 2nd Liverpool goal Awesome :lol
I thought only Arsenal defended like that.

Watching Match Of The Day now. Liverpools defending was poor for the Spurs 2nd but good finish though. Seemed like a really good game judging from the highlights. Not seen the Pen yet

Rafael is a joke of a player.

Likewise for Evans, Nani, Valencia, Cleverley, Welbeck, Anderson & Young. ( I know the latter two didn't play today but they still fit the description. )

Carrick will never be a favorite of mine but this season has shown some improvement, though he still can't defend.

Rooney's attitude to fitness is pathetic and he's a shadow of the player he was 3 years ago so I think the lazy git should be sold.

If rumors are true and United get major backing from their biggest sponsors to fund a bid for Ronaldo then it needs to happen. Either him or Bale.

The investment in the team should not end there as at least 2 decent, established central midfielders are needed and maybe a couple more defenders as Evra, Ferdinand & Vidic are fading and Jones & Smalling are too injury prone.

No more signing "prospects" on the cheap that get a Carling Cup game or two and then disappear without trace, United need a major rebuild of their squad if their success is to continue post Ferguson and as their youth policy sucks it's going to cost them.

The club's revenue is good, the debt is falling and they're apparently still the richest club on the planet so there's no excuses for not rebuilding.

It may hurt the short term profits if the Glazer family authorised a spending spree but it would pay off in the long term as it would keep them in their present position of always being in contention for at least 1 trophy a season.

If Ferguson won't rebuild on such a scale, then it's time to pension him off and bring in someone who will....Jose likes having a big budget so it'd be one way of enticing him to Old Trafford.

Last edited:
I had tears in my eyes... I didnt believe it was possible... THIS is the Barca I had not seen for the last two season, a glimmer of this team was last seen in this season's match against Malaga... If Barca can play with this amount if confidence and belief every match from now... the CL is still a possibility and the league wont be lost...

Glazers only use United to make money.

No **** :lol

At some point soon it will become apparent to the Glazers that serious investment in the team will be needed if the success that helps make the club a nice little earner for them is to continue.

RVP isn't enough to make another Champions League win likely.

Ronaldo would help, but still wouldn't be enough.

They need 3-4 other top class players and a new manager.

I had tears in my eyes... I didnt believe it was possible... THIS is the Barca I had not seen for the last two season, a glimmer of this team was last seen in this season's match against Malaga... If Barca can play with this amount if confidence and belief every match from now... the CL is still a possibility and the league wont be lost...

I can see Barca winning it now. Bayern are through but Arsenal have done you & the other teams left a favour tonight because that will be a knock to Bayerns confidence tonight. There not this invincible team everyone thought they were after all.

Real will be Barca's biggest threat. What a final that would be :drool

I have tears in my eyes every time Antonio Valencia gets possession :lol

There's a brief rush of anticipation that he might actually find another United player for a change and then BAM! reality strikes and he loses it again :gah:

I can see Barca winning it now. Bayern are through but Arsenal have done you & the other teams left a favour tonight because that will be a knock to Bayerns confidence tonight. There not this invincible team everyone thought they were after all.

Real will be Barca's biggest threat. What a final that would be :drool
No way can barca win the CL... simply because of one thing. Their defence... the match was great because it was an unexpected comeback from their lacklustre performances for a whole month... but in the match there worst part was their defensive play... They defended completely out of sorts diving in like scrambling ALL THE TIME...

With a defence like that its not possible to beat opponents who are much more efficient on the counter. And Barca won because FINALLY Fabregas was dropped and Iniesta was put back in the midfield and Villa was started. Whenever both play Iniesta is made to play higher up and Fabregas takes the midfield position... sadly both are similar positional players and end up eating each others space... Vilanova finally understood no matter how much he likes Fabregas he cant play him alongside Xavi and he cant play Iniesta upfront. Plus David Villa's presence put the defenders in a tizzy on whom to mark him or Messi... it game Messi that initial space which he wasnt able to get in the previous matches where he was double and tripled teamed everytime he touched the ball..

and Bayern's confidence hasnt been knocked... what Arsenal gave them is a wake up call. Which makes things worse for other teams... Bayern Munich have steamrolled over opposition in this season... this season's CL has very very strong teams...

I certainly wont want to see a Real vs Barca final... its just too much for my ulcers... plus if Barca want to start winning the Classico's again they must play like they did against Milan in the 2nd leg. You knew that they felt like making a point to all the people who went on saying end of an era and that Barca are over and done...

I agree about Barca's defence it's always been a little weak but you never used to be able to get there to test it :lol

I just don't want Real to win it, anyone but them.

Spurs seriously need to keep Bale though or there in trouble without him. Just like Arsenal without RVP really. They got hammered tonight, I'm not just saying that because of tonight but every time I've seen Spurs without him there just not the same team.

Man Utd 1-0 Reading,

Aside from the ever youthful Ryan Giggs everyone else seems to have switched off especially RVP and United's present brand of football is dull & lifeless....they've become the "boring" Arsenal of yesteryear.

I'll be cheering on Spuds for 2nd place.

Last edited:
I agree about Barca's defence it's always been a little weak but you never used to be able to get there to test it :lol

I just don't want Real to win it, anyone but them.

Spurs seriously need to keep Bale though or there in trouble without him. Just like Arsenal without RVP really. They got hammered tonight, I'm not just saying that because of tonight but every time I've seen Spurs without him there just not the same team.

I wouldnt say we would be in trouble as such. The squad is still strong and if he did depart, we would get a huge figure which unlike Arsenal, I think AVB would spend it. If still in charge !
Obviously when you lose someone of that quality, its going to be hard.
But, we lost modric and vdv last summer, huge players for us, and still sit 3rd and just knocked out 2 very good champions league sides in europe so fair play to AVB.

Need to stand up and be counted now. Your lot have had 2 very good results so the Fulham game is huge today.

United playing in autopilot and are already packing they're flip flops.
Mancini packing his his bags too but not for his holidays !

Spuds 0-1 Fulham

Not the best result for a team aiming for 2nd.

Chelsea on the other hand are now just 4 points behind City.

Barring a messup of epic proportions United will be champions for the 20th time but the race for the next 3 places is just beginning.

Spuds 0-1 Fulham

Not the best result for a team aiming for 2nd.

Chelsea on the other hand are now just 4 points behind City.

Barring a messup of epic proportions United will be champions for the 20th time but the race for the next 3 places is just beginning.

Terrible result for us. Team selection looked questionable at best.
3 defeats on the bounce... has to be put right next week !
I think these 3 paces will keep shuffling around right til the end.

Fair play fulham. Sounds like they had a real go and defended very well.

I wouldnt say we would be in trouble as such. The squad is still strong and if he did depart, we would get a huge figure which unlike Arsenal, I think AVB would spend it. If still in charge !
Obviously when you lose someone of that quality, its going to be hard.
But, we lost modric and vdv last summer, huge players for us, and still sit 3rd and just knocked out 2 very good champions league sides in europe so fair play to AVB.

Need to stand up and be counted now. Your lot have had 2 very good results so the Fulham game is huge today.

United playing in autopilot and are already packing they're flip flops.
Mancini packing his his bags too but not for his holidays !

I'm not saying Spurs would be rubbish, Arsenal aren't rubbish without RVP but there definitely not the same. I've never rated Modric. Easily replaceable & Spurs did exactly that. VDV was a very good player, I really liked him but he wasn't playing much come the end but IMO them 2 are incomparable to Bale. Bales a beast

If Spurs do sell, I agree they will spend the money but its who you buy is what the problem is. Like Arsenal there screaming out for a quality striker.

Again Bale wasn't at his best today & Spurs didn't look the same. Still fancy Spurs for top 4 though. Just because they lost today doesn't mean anything.

Your got Swansea away next, Arsenal have Reading away & Chelsea play Southampton

There's a fantastic striker presently rotting away on United's bench that Spurs or Arsenal should attempt to sign.

I think Chicharito should be looking for pastures new in the summer as he'll never be appreciated fully by that senile old goat Ferguson.

Yes your right there, he's a great little striker. Give him half a sniff & he'll score. I doubt Fergie would sell to either Spurs or Arsenal though. Unless he thought he could get Bale or Wilshire as part of the deal.

There's a fantastic striker presently rotting away on United's bench that Spurs or Arsenal should attempt to sign.

I think Chicharito should be looking for pastures new in the summer as he'll never be appreciated fully by that senile old goat Ferguson.

a lot of Liverpool fans would be happy to see his back, 15 points clear at the top in one of the toughest league , maybe not in quality,and yet not happy with the manager, how much more spoilt can united fans get,
the sheer numbers in squad strength and to keep each and every player happy is not a joke,
he has done a manginificent job in rotating the squad ,
which other team can spend 22 million worth players in Powell and Zaha and not use them ..
sacrifcing 6 or more players to get in one or 2 world class players with egos to match and salaries over the moon is a bigger risk than trying to keep faith with players like young Nani, or Valencia
trust me ,most supporters of other clubs would be really happy and support u if u want to get rid of fergie

Yes your right there, he's a great little striker. Give him half a sniff & he'll score. I doubt Fergie would sell to either Spurs or Arsenal though. Unless he thought he could get Bale or Wilshire as part of the deal.

15 goals so far this season despite being 4th in the pecking order is a great return and he doesn't appear to have any attitude/ego problems so he'd be a great signing for either.

As you say though it's probably unlikely without certain other players going the opposite way....Bale would be an acceptable alternative to bringing Ronaldo back but I wouldn't want Wilshere at OT as we have enough overhyped, mediocre English players as it is.

a lot of Liverpool fans would be happy to see his back, 15 points clear at the top in one of the toughest league , maybe not in quality,and yet not happy with the manager, how much more spoilt can united fans get,
the sheer numbers in squad strength and to keep each and every player happy is not a joke,
he has done a manginificent job in rotating the squad ,
which other team can spend 22 million worth players in Powell and Zaha and not use them ..
sacrifcing 6 or more players to get in one or 2 world class players with egos to match and salaries over the moon is a bigger risk than trying to keep faith with players like young Nani, or Valencia
trust me ,most supporters of other clubs would be really happy and support u if u want to get rid of fergie

15 points clear in a league which this season has produced no competition....so far only Spurs have taken a significant number of points from their games with United.

In Europe, which is the real test of greatness they're nothing, a Stoke City or Wigan Athletic that are there just to make up the numbers.

In recent years Ferguson has talked of wanting to catch Barcelona, yet he persists with 6-7 players who just aren't good enough and prove this time & time & time again....you can't beat the elite of Europe with such a spineless midfield and wingers that are lucky if they manage 1 decent cross every couple of months between them.

Winning the league is old hat, they've overtaken Liverpool already so for me there's no buzz about it any more especially when they win it by playing such dull, uninspired football.

Winning a Champions League Final in a decisive manner would be a decent achievement if he could manage it as his previous 2 were extremely lucky....one fluke in injury time and another decided by the lottery of a penalty shootout.

Sadly I think the next CL win if it ever even happens will be post Ferguson.

Last edited:
Back