English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 goals so far this season despite being 4th in the pecking order is a great return and he doesn't appear to have any attitude/ego problems so he'd be a great signing for either.

As you say though it's probably unlikely without certain other players going the opposite way....Bale would be an acceptable alternative to bringing Ronaldo back but I wouldn't want Wilshere at OT as we have enough overhyped, mediocre English players as it is.[/QUOTE

:lol you clearly no nothing about him to say that. Yeah he's not a flash player like a Messi or a Ronaldo. He's an engine. A passer, someone who'll keep the ball & bring the team forward & defend & feed players like Messi ect. The exact player Man U are screaming out for. Once Arsenal if ever buys a defensive midfielder hopefully he'll start pushing forward more but that's a big if. I remember loads of midfielders coming through for Arsenal & he's definitely the best I've seen at his age and he's not had the luxury of some to be surrounded by elite players.

Wilshere is an awesome player and is no way overhyped. He should be the future of Arsenal if they fulfill his ambition and is the future of England.
As long as Wenger doesnt lose the pot and put him right wing, he could go on to be one of the greats.

As for Bale being an "acceptable" replacement, people are comparing the two even tho Ronaldo has 4 years on him which in itself shows just how well and consistent he's played.

Anyways, I doubt United would put together the whole Bale package.

I'm not saying Spurs would be rubbish, Arsenal aren't rubbish without RVP but there definitely not the same. I've never rated Modric. Easily replaceable & Spurs did exactly that. VDV was a very good player, I really liked him but he wasn't playing much come the end but IMO them 2 are incomparable to Bale. Bales a beast

If Spurs do sell, I agree they will spend the money but its who you buy is what the problem is. Like Arsenal there screaming out for a quality striker.

Again Bale wasn't at his best today & Spurs didn't look the same. Still fancy Spurs for top 4 though. Just because they lost today doesn't mean anything.

Your got Swansea away next, Arsenal have Reading away & Chelsea play Southampton

havnt seen the game yet and cant say im looking forward to next week.
Modric was a class player for us. Never scored enough but knitted everything together and rarely lost the ball. Saying that i love dembele. Huge talent. VDV was awesome and gave us something different. Really miss him.

Well the fixtures and momentum is with Arsenal now. Really could be a costly loss today.

15 goals so far this season despite being 4th in the pecking order is a great return and he doesn't appear to have any attitude/ego problems so he'd be a great signing for either.

As you say though it's probably unlikely without certain other players going the opposite way....Bale would be an acceptable alternative to bringing Ronaldo back but I wouldn't want Wilshere at OT as we have enough overhyped, mediocre English players as it is.[/QUOTE

:lol you clearly no nothing about him to say that. Yeah he's not a flash player like a Messi or a Ronaldo. He's an engine. A passer, someone who'll keep the ball & bring the team forward & defend & feed players like Messi ect. The exact player Man U are screaming out for. Once Arsenal if ever buys a defensive midfielder hopefully he'll start pushing forward more but that's a big if. I remember loads of midfielders coming through for Arsenal & he's definitely the best I've seen at his age and he's not had the luxury of some to be surrounded by elite players.

Wilshere's nationality tells me all I need to know.

Aside from rare exceptions such as Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard, English players of the modern era tend to be technically brain dead and tactically illiterate, it is why the national team is so consistently embarrassing.

If World Cups were won by hoofing the ball down the middle and hoping for the best or being inept at penalty taking, England would win every single time.

Unfortunately for their fans it involves a bit more than that.

Last edited:
You'll never see Wilshire hoof it. When do ever see Arsenal hoof it. Completely against AW idea of football.
I think Wilshire will be Arsenals captain but I think he'll be like Fabregas & eventually move on. Unless Arsenal start showing some ambition in the transfer market that is.

Dembele is an awesome player, Spurs got a great deal there. It looked like Man U were going to sneak in & nick him of Spurs at one point when he was a Fulham.

I think Spurs will be fine though for top 4. Looking forward to the Spurs, Chelsea game. Hopefully they'll both be tight together so it'll be a battle for 3rd.

You'll never see Wilshire hoof it. When do ever see Arsenal hoof it. Completely against AW idea of football.
I think Wilshire will be Arsenals captain but I think he'll be like Fabregas & eventually move on. Unless Arsenal start showing some ambition in the transfer market that is.

Dembele is an awesome player, Spurs got a great deal there. It looked like Man U were going to sneak in & nick him of Spurs at one point when he was a Fulham.

I think Spurs will be fine though for top 4. Looking forward to the Spurs, Chelsea game. Hopefully they'll both be tight together so it'll be a battle for 3rd.

Perhaps not for Arsenal but anyone with any skill gets dragged down to that style of football if they play for England.

I have admittedly only seen Wilshere once or twice as I don't watch Premier League games not involving United but I would be very wary of United signing any more English players as they have too many mediocre ones as it is.

Above all else United need a new Paul Scholes and two wingers who're able to cross the ball into the area without hitting the first defender 9 times out of 10.

Last edited:
Edgar Davids, a great player and a great guy,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...s-rescues-stranded-barnet-fans-130609593.html

Antonio Valencia states the obvious,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...nio-Valencia-admits-he-has-struggled-for-form

And Michael Owen finally decides to call it a day,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...retire-from-football-at-the-end-of-the-season.

Had Liverpool not burnt him out by playing him too often at a young age his overall career would likely have panned out a lot better.

so now its Liverpools fault?? didnt he himself say he would get pissed when the manager tried to sub him or rest some games,?

so now its Liverpools fault?

They were desperate to regain their former status as top dogs in English football so they inevitably pressured him to play whilst not fully fit.

The FA saw him as their next "savior" so they inevitably contributed to the problem as well.

no, owen himself said in an interview when he was to be rested or subbed for Liverpool games, he would get pissed, he even reacted once when he said, he would rest after his career was over ,said he regretted making that comment too

Owen, and many others, finished off their career effectively when the riches and 'prestige' of wearing the Real Madrid shirt came calling...

united knocked out of Fa cup as well, i stand vindicated , said United would find it hard to win any cups whereas they would walk the league, has happened excatly that way, though with the league totally wrapped up , i expected them to perform better today

united knocked out of Fa cup as well, i stand vindicated , said United would find it hard to win any cups whereas they would walk the league, has happened excatly that way, though with the league totally wrapped up , i expected them to perform better today

Yea was a bit of a shock. From winning nothing last year to doing the double this year seemed pretty much a done deal.

Im glad tho. Means chelsea have a very busy April. Can only be good for the race for 3rd and 4th

Yea was a bit of a shock. From winning nothing last year to doing the double this year seemed pretty much a done deal.

I knew exactly what was going to happen when I saw the lineup....Nani and Valencia somehow manage to get worse each time they play and yet some United fans will still defend them along with the other non entities like Welbeck and Cleverley.

Hernandez needs decent service and support to be at his most effective. He got no support from Welbeck and the one chance he got would have been a goal 9 times out of 10 but Cech reacted superbly.

It's a good thing the lead in the league is as big as it is because RVP is starting to look like a flash in the pan.

PSG have apparently said they're intrested in Rooney but haven't made a formal approach....yet.

Back