English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew exactly what was going to happen when I saw the lineup....Nani and Valencia somehow manage to get worse each time they play and yet some United fans will still defend them along with the other non entities like Welbeck and Cleverley.

Hernandez needs decent service and support to be at his most effective. He got no support from Welbeck and the one chance he got would have been a goal 9 times out of 10 but Cech reacted superbly.

It's a good thing the lead in the league is as big as it is because RVP is starting to look like a flash in the pan.

PSG have apparently said they're intrested in Rooney but haven't made a formal approach....yet.

My Chelsea mate said Nani was poor lol. Such a myth of a player.
I wouldnt at all be surprised if Fergie sold Rooney. Your lot keep getting linked with Lewandoski and he is available on a free in the summer apparently. Very good player.

My Chelsea mate said Nani was poor lol. Such a myth of a player.
I wouldnt at all be surprised if Fergie sold Rooney. Your lot keep getting linked with Lewandoski and he is available on a free in the summer apparently. Very good player.

The worst thing about Nani and Valencia is that they never seem to learn anything, they always make the exact same mistakes in every game and considering their respective ages they should have learned to eradicate these issues several years ago.

United should cash in whilst they can still get a decent amount for Rooney as his fitness levels are suspect and he's a shadow of the player he was 2-3 years ago.

Attempting to get Ronaldo back should be their priority in the summer so £25-£35 million would add to the money that's apparently been promised from the sponsors.

The only thing I've heard which goes against Lewandowski is that he doesn't like to stick around anywhere for long.

Arsenal winning today puts a bit pressure on Chelsea & Spurs for a top 4 spot. Some Arsenal supporters are getting over confident now though, I'm not convinced with this team at all, especially without Wilshire. Looking at the remaining fixtures though I actually think Chelsea have the hardest run in & still being in 2 cup competitions isn't going to help either. I'd take a cup over top 4 though any day. Except for the league cup though :lol

Everton, Spurs should be a good game tomorrow.

Chelsea
Sunderland (fighting to stay up)

Fulham (Derby Match)
Chelsea

Liverpool (Always Raise there Game For Chelsea)
Chelsea

Chelsea (CFC Should Win This)
Swansea City

Man United (UTD Don't Lose Many At Home)
Chelsea

Aston Villa (fighting to stay up)
Chelsea

Chelsea
Everton (Fighting For Top 4)

Last edited:
Arsenal winning today puts a bit pressure on Chelsea & Spurs for a top 4 spot. Some Arsenal supporters are getting over confident now though, I'm not convinced with this team at all, especially without Wilshire. Looking at the remaining fixtures though I actually think Chelsea have the hardest run in & still being in 2 cup competitions isn't going to help either. I'd take a cup over top 4 though any day. Except for the league cup though :lol

Chelsea

Fulham (Derby Match)
Chelsea

Chelsea

Swansea City

Chelsea

Chelsea

Chelsea

Jack will be back next week. I see us getting 3rd, especially with Chelskie still in the Europa and fa cup. They have major injury issues as well. As for spurs, they're spurs. :lol they'll do what they typically do.

Chelsea

Fulham (Derby Match)
Chelsea

Chelsea

Swansea City

Chelsea

Chelsea

Chelsea
will be a tough game for us today. Bale , Lennon and Defoe all out. I still think we could win this tho.
Our game agains the chavs has been moved which is a shame considering they're fixture pile up.
even 2 draws and a win from those 3 may be enough for 3rd but we do tend to kill our own season.

Your season ended a while back lol.

Mancini has said he needs 100m to get the prem back. 100m ?? are United 100m better off than last season over city ?

Crazy !

That's assuming he still has the job next season :lol

With all the money at his disposal Mancini could only win the title from a poor United squad on goal difference.

United made one decent signing which proved enough to put City in their place.

The difference is teamwork.

With all the money at his disposal Mancini could only win the title from a poor United squad on goal difference.

I think city also went backwards and they miss de Jong more than people think.

Rodwell and Sinclair ? not really taking the club forward

Can't believe the derby is on Monday night. Whoever sanctioned that needs shooting. Should've been a Super Sunday fixture with me watching with a cold beer in my hand :(

Oh and the rumour is Ronaldo and Bale o come to Utd both funded entirely by our sponsors. Although I'll believe that when I see it

Can't believe the derby is on Monday night. Whoever sanctioned that needs shooting. Should've been a Super Sunday fixture with me watching with a cold beer in my hand :(

Oh and the rumour is Ronaldo and Bale o come to Utd both funded entirely by our sponsors. Although I'll believe that when I see it
Dont believe it... NO WAY Real will release Ronaldo... they are effective in front of goal at the moment simply because of him...

u speak as if United didnt spend any money this season RVP, Kagawa, Nick Powell, Zaha, what would be the total cost of this 4 players alone, and they didnt even need 2 of these players throughout the season, speaks volumes about how big a squad United has and how much they themselves have been spending

I think city also went backwards and they miss de Jong more than people think.

Rodwell and Sinclair ? not really taking the club forward

I never rated Mancini. I know he won the Italian league a few times but that was when that league was in a mess & didn't have teams like Juve & AC challenging them & his European record was poor which he's kept up at City. Not getting passed the group stage's with City twice with that squad & with limitless fundings is disgraceful. If City managed to get Mourinho he'll turn them into a monster.

Signing Rodwell & Sinclair baffeled me. What a waist of money

i have to agree Mancini is a bit over rated, but after winning the PL ,u have to take with a pinch of salt that he is a at least a decent manager.Tactically dont rate him much,

I can't believe some supporter's are calling for AVB's head if Spurs don't qualify for the Champions League. I'm sure they will but even if they don't Spurs have had a pretty good season.

Some are saying he should of played weakened side's for the Europa Lge but I don't agree with that. That is the 2nd most important competition there in. To be honest being an Arsenal supporter if I had a choice of qualify for the Champions Lge or winning the Europa, I'd pick the Europa every time.

Good luck to em in Basle I say. Yeah there our arch-rivals but there played some great entertaining football this season so my hat goes of to them

I can't believe some supporter's are calling for AVB's head if Spurs don't qualify for the Champions League. I'm sure they will but even if they don't Spurs have had a pretty good season.

Some are saying he should of played weakened side's for the Europa Lge but I don't agree with that. That is the 2nd most important competition there in. To be honest being an Arsenal supporter if I had a choice of qualify for the Champions Lge or winning the Europa, I'd pick the Europa every time.

Good luck to em in Basle I say. Yeah there our arch-rivals but there played some great entertaining football this season so my hat goes of to them
Its crazy ! And shameful to be honest. We are not chelsea.
I think he has done a decent job and I actually think we are more of a stronger side than what we were under Harry. He has also been let down with no striker signing in Jan which would have really helped.
I think we will go out thurs tho. Basle were very good against us and with no real pace in the side at the moment, I think they will beat us.
Its out of our hands now tho. The fulham game really screwed us. Europe has played a factor but we are in the quarter finals and still in the top 4 in April.
I do think you will nick 3rd now. Seem to be grinding results out which is unlike Arsenal. And quite annoying lol

I never rated Mancini. I know he won the Italian league a few times but that was when that league was in a mess & didn't have teams like Juve & AC challenging them & his European record was poor which he's kept up at City. Not getting passed the group stage's with City twice with that squad & with limitless fundings is disgraceful. If City managed to get Mourinho he'll turn them into a monster.

Signing Rodwell & Sinclair baffeled me. What a waist of money

I think he is ok. to go un beaten in Italy takes good management but some things he does baffles me. The Tevez sage, Balotelli...

With that squad, he should have done better in the champs league and probably should have lost his job in todays football.

i think a true test of a manager is to sign good youngsters and mold them into great players to fit ur team, Fergie is one who has succeeded in doing that, When u already sign big players they bring with them a lot of baggage like egos, and problems of fitting them wit the rest of the squad.
Managers like Jose and Rafa are very good at getting the maximum out of the players they have.even AVB has done a good job this season,

u speak as if United didnt spend any money this season RVP, Kagawa, Nick Powell, Zaha, what would be the total cost of this 4 players alone, and they didnt even need 2 of these players throughout the season, speaks volumes about how big a squad United has and how much they themselves have been spending

Of those 4 players only RVP has made any significant impact, Kagawa looks like another flop in the making, Powell will be forgotten about and then sold to a team lower down the league like so many other "prospects" have in the past and Zaha is an unknown quantity at the highest level.

Scholes & co were the last decent players to come through the youth ranks, the better youngsters in recent years have all been bought from elsewhere.

Looks like the club's finances are doing just fine,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...d-agree-120m-training-ground-sponsorship-deal

120 million from AON
357 million from General Motors
A new Nike deal probably in the offing....the last one was worth something like 320 million.

Affording Ronaldo, Bale, or even both isn't beyond them financially :)

Last edited:
Its crazy ! And shameful to be honest. We are not chelsea.
I think he has done a decent job and I actually think we are more of a stronger side than what we were under Harry. He has also been let down with no striker signing in Jan which would have really helped.
I think we will go out thurs tho. Basle were very good against us and with no real pace in the side at the moment, I think they will beat us.
Its out of our hands now tho. The fulham game really screwed us. Europe has played a factor but we are in the quarter finals and still in the top 4 in April.
I do think you will nick 3rd now. Seem to be grinding results out which is unlike Arsenal. And quite annoying lol

I don't know to be honest. I look at this Arsenal side & its so lacking. We haven't got that Henry or Van Persie to score that wonder goal in a tight game anymore but we'll see. Arsenal have Everton away soon which they could easily lose & Man Utd who they always lose against so its going to be a roller coaster ride now the 3 teams are tight together & don't rule out Everton either there not far behind at all.

I have a feeling as long as Spurs can get Bale back quickly & beat Chelsea they will come 3rd this season.

Back