English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know to be honest. I look at this Arsenal side & its so lacking. We haven't got that Henry or Van Persie to score that wonder goal in a tight game anymore but we'll see. Arsenal have Everton away soon which they could easily lose & Man Utd who they always lose against so its going to be a roller coaster ride now the 3 teams are tight together & don't rule out Everton either there not far behind at all.

I have a feeling as long as Spurs can get Bale back quickly & beat Chelsea they will come 3rd this season.

We are scoring more goals this year compared to last year. And there have been some amazing goals. We will finish third. :exactly:

I don't know to be honest. I look at this Arsenal side & its so lacking. We haven't got that Henry or Van Persie to score that wonder goal in a tight game anymore but we'll see. Arsenal have Everton away soon which they could easily lose & Man Utd who they always lose against so its going to be a roller coaster ride now the 3 teams are tight together & don't rule out Everton either there not far behind at all.

I have a feeling as long as Spurs can get Bale back quickly & beat Chelsea they will come 3rd this season.

Bale should be back for our next league game which is City . We definitely need him fit. If we turn chelsea over, it will blow it wide open again.
Arsenal always seem to get the results at the important time but like you say, there is no superstar to spearhead this time.
the thing that would worry me if I were an arsenal fan would be if you did nick 3rd, and it would be nicking 3rd, and you beat Bayern on there own ground and gave them a scare, would Wenger see that as a great season and possibly papering over the cracks ??

I know that's my worry. I look at the team & we definitely need a striker. Cavani & Falcao are both available this summer. We all know Arsenal have the money they even say do but will they go for one of them.

Midfield is pretty good to be honest were got Wilshire, Cazorla there 2 excellent players but were screaming out for a defensive midfielder. Buy one & that will make Wilshire an even more effective player for us.

A centre-back is vital, I never used to rate koscielny but he's proved me wrong & I really like him now but mertesacker is to slow for the Prem & vermaelen just isn't the same player he once was unfortunately. I wouldn't want to see him sold but we need leader in defence, like a Tony Adams.

We need a keeper to

Look at me thinking I'm Andy Grey :lol

Of those 4 players only RVP has made any significant impact, Kagawa looks like another flop in the making, Powell will be forgotten about and then sold to a team lower down the league like so many other "prospects" have in the past and Zaha is an unknown quantity at the highest level.

Scholes & co were the last decent players to come through the youth ranks, the better youngsters in recent years have all been bought from elsewhere.

Looks like the club's finances are doing just fine,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...d-agree-120m-training-ground-sponsorship-deal

120 million from AON
357 million from General Motors
A new Nike deal probably in the offing....the last one was worth something like 320 million.

Affording Ronaldo, Bale, or even both isn't beyond them financially :)

Bloody hell that's nearly 800 million there. That's nearly all there debt written off. Funny thing is, technically Man U shouldn't be in any debt so that should in reality be for financing the team. Good job they in Debt then :lol

And that don't even include the new big Tv sponsorship for next season :panic:

Bloody hell that's nearly 800 million there. That's nearly all there debt written off. Funny thing is, technically Man U shouldn't be in any debt so that should in reality be for financing the team. Good job they in Debt then :lol

And that don't even include the new big Tv sponsorship for next season :panic:

As of November the debt was 359.7 million.

And there's also the continuing good revenue from merchandise.

So really, there's no excuse for Ferguson to start rebuilding the team which is presently limping towards it's 20th league title.

The trouble is, Ferguson won't rebuild because he's too thick to realise several players aren't up to the job.

Last night's "performance" against City was the latest in a long line of matches that they didn't turn up to and they're extremely lucky that they're still 12 points ahead.

Giggs and Carrick in centre midfield is a disaster waiting to happen against a team with strong runners and the outcome of the game was easy to predict as soon as I saw the lineup.

Welbeck is never going to be a top class performer and leaving it until about 5 minutes left to bring Hernandez on is frankly retarded....he should be starting with RVP in pretty much every game.

Rooney is a spent force. Time to get rid whilst there's still intrest from other teams.

RVP, as with any other striker is wasted being played up front without support. It's no wonder the goals have dried up.

Last edited:
I think Rooney is an excellent player but I think he needs to move because he's gone stale there. When Utd sold Ronaldo he was on fire. RVP was a great signing for Utd but Rooney isn't the player he was since he joined for some reason.

A bit late but still worth talking about. The Manchester derby, horrible playing by United and the squad Ferguson put up against a top side likeMan City was atrocious. I have no idea what Ferguson sees in Welbeck but all I can see is an another flop like Macheda. He didnt make any subs till the 80th even when we were trailing and we were beaten by the willpower of City to show who's boss of Manchester and they certainly did. I was shocked when I saw Agueros goal go in, not only was it horrible defending but a lack of teamwork. Reminds me of the start of season.

Man Arsenal were lucky today. That wasn't a penalty the 1st goal but we desperately needed that win today so I'm not going to complain :D

Everton are looking good & won today. Everton Vs Arsenal Tues which is now a huge match & hopefully it'll be a really good game & Arsenal win :pray:

I'd love to see the hardcore United fans try and defend Ferguson if his dubious faith in garbage like Welbeck ends up contributing to United choking again and handing City another title.

If they do manage to win the league the achievement will be a hollow one as they've barely deserved it.

its not about defending him , u have to either keep him so that u can actually have a big squad, remember he is not ur first striker , he is the fourth, not many teams have that much quality as a 2nd striker even
if u want top stars all around the team, then u need to sacrifice many squad players
look at chelsea, they have got a great team with individual players , so has City, but while that has served them good in cups , it hasnt helped them in the league, where u need numbers more than quality..
City and Chlesea cant change 6-7 players without weakening the team, but United can change the whole 11 without weakening the team and yet good enough to match most top teams, its all about getting the balance right
though Im not his biggest fan, Fergie has done well with the squad,and winning the leagu, e was his priority first and all after losing to City last season, cups apart from the UCL were always just a bonus

its not about defending him , u have to either keep him so that u can actually have a big squad, remember he is not ur first striker , he is the fourth, not many teams have that much quality as a 2nd striker even
if u want top stars all around the team, then u need to sacrifice many squad players
look at chelsea, they have got a great team with individual players , so has City, but while that has served them good in cups , it hasnt helped them in the league, where u need numbers more than quality..
City and Chlesea cant change 6-7 players without weakening the team, but United can change the whole 11 without weakening the team and yet good enough to match most top teams, its all about getting the balance right
though Im not his biggest fan, Fergie has done well with the squad,and winning the leagu, e was his priority first and all after losing to City last season, cups apart from the UCL were always just a bonus

Welbeck is presently 2nd or 3rd in the pecking order despite being outscored by several defenders.

Welbeck, Nani, Young, Valencia, Anderson & Cleverley have all contributed nothing this season.

That's just over half a team of players that have essentially taken United's money with no return so there's no reason for them to not be shown the door along with Rooney who's clearly phoning it in because his ego has been bruised by the fact that he's no longer the man the team is built around.

United have been carried to the brink of a 20th league title by RVP's goals and now they've dried up they're limping towards the finish line.

Another unconvincing win by Arsenal today but I guess it's another 3 points. We desperately need 1 or 2 strikers next season. I'm not convinced by Giroud at all. I'd actually like to see him go

Huge win for the Spurs over Man City!!!

That is a massive result for us. Fit again Bale, Lennon returning and a scoring Defoe give us a great chance.

Love the fact Suarez bites Ivanovic then scores the winner for chelsea to drop points :)

Should get a lengthy ban !

Another unconvincing win by Arsenal today but I guess it's another 3 points. We desperately need 1 or 2 strikers next season. I'm not convinced by Giroud at all. I'd actually like to see him go

Unconvincing but winning at the right time. Wenger always seems to do it.
Slightly worried United winning tomorrow then taking they're foot off the gas next week.

On the plus side, if villa, sorry when Villa lose, they would probably have to beat chelsea which would be nice.

That is a massive result for us. Fit again Bale, Lennon returning and a scoring Defoe give us a great chance.

Love the fact Suarez bites Ivanovic then scores the winner for chelsea to drop points :)

Should get a lengthy ban !

Yeah Suarez should be banned for a long time!

The FA should make Suarez stay at Liverpool for the rest of his career, that should be punishment enough :lol

Nice work by Spurs! :clap

Where'd that post go from Wanderer attacking corsair? I find it funny when someone personally attacks another when they both support the same team. Granted the post was way a bit too abusive, maybe that's why it got deleted. :dunno

It's always fun to read reactions from the blind, homer, "nothing is wrong" fan compared to the objective and critical fan.

Back