ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG_9038.jpg

Any shred of doubt or regret I had from ordering such an expensive fig immediately disappeared with your pics Mags. Great pose and futzing, simply perfect. :clap

I reattached them with magic.

Looking good Mags.:clap
What do you think of the cape?, I have grown to like it, although Lance's just arrived now, so I'm gonna give that a bash. You are not alone with the magents, I grew to like them (not love) too. I kinda abandoned it for a while though.

It's just such a pity the clips themselves are so horrible. Your positioning looks perfect (as expected) but what a shame they are cheap plastic triangles.

We need some custom ones.

Any shred of doubt or regret I had from ordering such an expensive fig immediately disappeared with your pics Mags. Great pose and futzing, simply perfect. :clap

:goodpost: :exactly:

Definitive Bats figure :yess:

It's just such a pity the clips themselves are so horrible. Your positioning looks perfect (as expected) but what a shame they are cheap plastic triangles.

Actually the clips suddenly looked 10x better in Mag's pics

Mag, please post the tutorial.

That would be awesome and most appreciated.

I would sleep with my cat to have my clips look like yours!

I'll try and make time for it tonight. :peace

And I know you're lying, 'cos you don't have a cat. :moon

Looking good Mags.:clap
What do you think of the cape?, I have grown to like it, although Lance's just arrived now, so I'm gonna give that a bash. You are not alone with the magents, I grew to like them (not love) too. I kinda abandoned it for a while though.

I really like the cape. When futzed right it touches the ground. It could be blacker and I may buy a second to see if it could be dyed.

Batman can look really awesome with his cape all piled up around him, but I already have my 1/6 Bat displayed that way, so I think I'm okay with this cape length.

I would only be interested in replacement clips (they should be smaller) if they had the same magnet system - which doesn't seem likely, since most seem to hate that system. :(

I'll try and make time for it tonight. :peace

And I know you're lying, 'cos you don't have a cat. :moon

I'll rent one if I have too. :lol

I like the magnet idea, they're just in the wrong spot.

Now, is anyone worried about the long term effect the magnet metal will have on the rubber composition and also the continous pressure of the magnet squeezing into the rubber?

I love the magnet design - seems I'm the only one. As I suspected, simply repositioning the magnets inside the suit to the precise spot you want them is all that's needed. Everything falls into place after that. Not saying it didn't take time, but it wasn't the nightmare that many of you described. :peace

Nope, I posted that it sounded like I was the only one that liked and didn't have any issues with the magnets a little ways back.

So putting Lance's cape on...I just had another go dislodging the internal magnets. The reason one of them wouldn't move originally was the fact that there are actual ring shapes in the rubber to show the people who are putting the magnets in, where to stick them. So it's a little lumpy in there when you move the magnets.

One big problem with moving the magnets like Mags did, you are pretty much stuck with one head position. What remy quite rightly pointed out a while back was the head itself pretty much dictates the placement of the clips. And the head can actually move quite a lot. it slides left/right back/forth. So move the magnets to a position like Maglor has and you are stuck with keeping the head stationary, move it back or forward and it's out of sync? Make sense?

What EB did was picked the "middle of all movement" spots for the magnets, Which unfortunately isn't actually correct for any one position.

Maglor, have you noticed this? I mean it looks awesome, if your happy with keeping the head in one spot? What do you think?:dunno

a couple of quick iphone pics of custom cape, haven't spent any time with it. strange but I have grown to love the original despite its flaws..

Don't forget there's a stand and perspex base underneath that cape.
2-37.jpg
1-41.jpg

So Rory

are you saying that if the inside magnet is moved that it blocks the inside neck from moving.

I'm not really following. :(

No, forget about the head for a second. Where ever you decide to put the magnets inside the suit defines the point at which the clips will have to go on the exterior? There is very little lee-way here. So it's basically the same as the clips being glued to one spot on the chest.

So, if you drop down the cowl sculpt and have it tilting forward like Maglor's and you position the clips to match that pose, you are stuck there, because if you move the head back or reposition it in anyway the clips will be in wildly wrong place?

They are not attached to the cowl (as they should be) so EB picked a "soft zone" for the magnets. Somewhere that they were kinda ok in no matter where you positioned any of the sculpts. Remy was the first person on here to grasp the simplicity of the cowl head/clip situation.
You can move the head to match the clips position.

Unfortunately that position is not accurate enough for any of us **** retentives on here...:lol

No, forget about the head for a second. Where ever you decide to put the magnets inside the suit defines the point at which the clips will have to go on the exterior? There is very little lee-way here. So it's basically the same as the clips being glued to one spot on the chest.

So, if you drop down the sculpt and have it tilting forward like Maglor's and you position the clips to match that pose, you are stuck there, because if you move the head back or reposition it in anyway the clips will be in wildly wrong place?

They are not attached to the cowl (as they should be) so EB picked a "soft zone" for the magnets. Somewhere that they were kinda ok in no matter where you positioned any of the sculpts. Remy was the first person on here to grasp the simplicity of the head/clip situation.
You can move the head to match the clips position.

Unfortunately that position is not accurate enough for any of us **** retentives on here...:lol

Ohhhhhhhh, Ok, I get it now.

Man, we're sure an **** bunch aren't we. :lol

I think he meant the cowl movement

:hi5:

Back