ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is, when I buy a figure, I dont really think about eventually selling it to someone else. When I buy a figure, I buy it for me. So if there is something that really bugs me about a figure, I will mod it cause its my figure, not because the next person wont like what I did.
If I eventually sell the figure, i dont care if I have to take a hit on its value, I'm selling it cause I feel like I dont have to have that figure anymore.

:exactly::goodpost:

i feel the same way..sometimes I even ending up spending more for mods just to have what and how I like a particular figure.in the end, I bought it for myself and I'm happy :wink1:

Rob

Short follow-up video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na18mA80ABU&feature=plcp

Final pics of the mod:

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

These pictures are completely raw and untouched. What you see in the pics is what I see on the shelf.

I'll stop now. :wave

great looking mods there...looks soo much better...are you planning to paint the gauntlets and the cowl ? I think that will take it to another level..

Rob

No, not yet, that just seems to be the consensus.

If you can only buy one I'd look at the different threads and decide for yourself. Some people really love the Joker figure, you might too.

I'm not really crazy about it honestly. I prefer the DX 2.0 over the Enterbay one. I just really like the Enterbay Batman, a lot. Just wanted to gauge everyone's overall opinion on which is the better of the two.

Think my mind is made up.

thanks. :)

I'm not really crazy about it honestly. I prefer the DX 2.0 over the Enterbay one. I just really like the Enterbay Batman, a lot. Just wanted to gauge everyone's overall opinion on which is the better of the two.

Think my mind is made up.

thanks. :)

That was my choice too. Hot Toys DX 2.0 Joker and Enterbay Batman. It's a solid compromise for me instead of trying to pick up everything!

The thing is, when I buy a figure, I dont really think about eventually selling it to someone else. When I buy a figure, I buy it for me. So if there is something that really bugs me about a figure, I will mod it cause its my figure, not because the next person wont like what I did.
If I eventually sell the figure, i dont care if I have to take a hit on its value, I'm selling it cause I feel like I dont have to have that figure anymore.

Yep. Simple as that. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I only make modifications that are either reversible, harmless, and/or cheap. I'll put a twist tie around the collar of a leather jacket for the lapels to sit right. If I have extra cape clips that I got for cheap, I'll cut the pegs off of them and stick em on and store the originals in the box. For my original V1 Joker I bought an extra grey coat and cut it up so it didn't make him look bulky with the purple over coat on.

If it alters the figure or I have to slice and dice by cutting it up then that's a no go. Not because of resell potential (I've RARELY sold any of my collection) but because I just don't feel comfortable carving up an expensive collectible. I keep it as close to the original and as close to mint/box fresh as possible.

Nothing wrong with that either. That was exactly my mind-set when I got the DX01 (my first Hot Toy). I wouldn't mod anything without a minty fresh replacement part. But I don't know... I just got over that. If something bugs me about a figure I just am not happy 'living with it'. And getting replacements for everything that has been modified is just too expensive. Take this figure for example: I was going to buy a second one to take some of the fear out of moding this one, but in the end I would rather spend that money on a completely different figure.

I know many wont agree, but to me this figure doesn't feel diminished in any way by the modification. I don't need a mint one to make it easier to bear the fact that I have a "damaged" figure. In the case of all the modifications I have done to figures, if anything, I feel more attached to the collectable. Like I put my own stamp on them. It's the same reason that I prefer figures to statues. Poseability is a light form of customization. You choose the pose. It's up to you to try and capture the attitude and persona of the character, not some sculptor. Modifying figures has kind of become an extension of that for me, if that makes sense.

Sorry for rambling...

Now you are just rubbing the crotch in our face.... but man does he look "packed" :panic:
packing good!!!!

posing ... photography ... now modding???? greedy bastard :wave

Packed! :yess: :lol

Great video Mags.

But man, it seems like you're stretching his g-string to almost the breaking point. :horror :panic:

That is definitely the biggest danger. I don't plan on messing with the suit much more any time soon.

In the video I wanted you to get a sense for how tough the suit is. That retanne guy got everyone paranoid about the suit in the beginning I think. It really is tough. I would still be careful about extreme poses though. I can see him tearing in the underarm pretty easy...

great looking mods there...looks soo much better...are you planning to paint the gauntlets and the cowl ? I think that will take it to another level..

Rob

Yep. Plan to do both. I have very little experience with a paintbrush though, so I'm kind of putting it off. :lol

Yep. Plan to do both. I have very little experience with a paintbrush though, so I'm kind of putting it off. :lol

i don't think paintbrush will do it...airbrushing is the way to go :wink1: did it on my HT gauntlets and it came out pretty nice..

Rob

Well I definitely don't have access to an airbrush. :lol

Rorywan had success with a brush for the clear coat on the gauntlets. And I've been told that if you use the right brushes with watered down paint you don't leave brush strokes. That's the plan for the cowls.

Rorywan had success with a brush for the clear coat on the gauntlets. And I've been told that if you use the right brushes with watered down paint you don't leave brush strokes. That's the plan for the cowls.

or you can send it to me and I can shoot it..for a modest fee :wink1:

Rob

Being new to this hobby I actually admire and applaud talented people who could modify these figures and take them to another level. It's like another form of artistry for me. Being in the comicbook industry I give so much respect to people who could tweak any icon's look without taking away the "iconic" part. This is why I have so much man-love for Mags and Seb here in the forums. I might have to dabble on it when I get more free time, kind of like drawing on another canvass :) And at the moment I collect for me. Ever I consider re-selling some I'd buy at least 2 of the same figures so I could keep one and modify to my liking if I feel like it.

Speaking of modifying, Rob, did you weather that tumbler on your sig? Any more pics of it in the Tumbler thread? looks great, pal!

Being new to this hobby I actually admire and applaud talented people who could modify these figures and take them to another level. It's like another form of artistry for me. Being in the comicbook industry I give so much respect to people who could tweak any icon's look without taking away the "iconic" part. This is why I have so much man-love for Mags and Seb here in the forums. I might have to dabble on it when I get more free time, kind of like drawing on another canvass :) And at the moment I collect for me. Ever I consider re-selling some I'd buy at least 2 of the same figures so I could keep one and modify to my liking if I feel like it.

Speaking of modifying, Rob, did you weather that tumbler on your sig? Any more pics of it in the Tumbler thread? looks great, pal!

yeah..lots of mods on it...

here's the thread
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111904

btw..just noticed your location..are you actually in the Philippines right now ?

Rob

or you can send it to me and I can shoot it..for a modest fee :wink1:

Rob

Do you plan to do yours? I'd like to see what it's gonna look like before sending anything out. :peace

I don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with Seb. What he does goes beyond moding. Beyond customizing even. What he does is magic.

Do you plan to do yours? I'd like to see what it's gonna look like before sending anything out. :peace

I don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with Seb. What he does goes beyond moding. Beyond customizing even. What he does is magic.

Plus 1 for humility, man :exactly:

And I saved your videos for the FUPA mod, for reference in case I get the guts to do them myself. Thanks for sharing, bud!

don't have one :monkey2 one 1/4 is good enough for me..it just takes so much space...come to think of it..I never seen anybody done it yet..oh well..:)

Rob

Nothing wrong with that either. That was exactly my mind-set when I got the DX01 (my first Hot Toy). I wouldn't mod anything without a minty fresh replacement part. But I don't know... I just got over that. If something bugs me about a figure I just am not happy 'living with it'. And getting replacements for everything that has been modified is just too expensive. Take this figure for example: I was going to buy a second one to take some of the fear out of moding this one, but in the end I would rather spend that money on a completely different figure.

I know many wont agree, but to me this figure doesn't feel diminished in any way by the modification. I don't need a mint one to make it easier to bear the fact that I have a "damaged" figure. In the case of all the modifications I have done to figures, if anything, I feel more attached to the collectable. Like I put my own stamp on them. It's the same reason that I prefer figures to statues. Poseability is a light form of customization. You choose the pose. It's up to you to try and capture the attitude and persona of the character, not some sculptor. Modifying figures has kind of become an extension of that for me, if that makes sense.

I feel the same way. It's like I I sometimes feel more particular to the ones I've modded cause I feel like I added, even if it's subtle, just added my own touch to make the figure better.
In the beginning, I was a worry wart cause there's always the chance that I may butcher the figure. But I'm pretty fortunate that I have been happy with all the mods that I've done and it eventually even gave me the confidence to start painting and weathering figures.

It's tricky though buddy. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near the cowls on this with a brush. They're black and 1:4 scale. More than likely you will probably see a few brush strokes. And that will probably bug you more than his fupa :lol An airbrush is the way to go mate.

Well, after seeing all these pics i finaly pulled the trigger and ordered one :). This is the best looking batman figure i have ever seen. I love Hot Toys and their work, but this gives them a run for their money. I'm still on the fence about getting a joker too.

Received mine before. Wow, just wow. The cowled sculpt is easily the best sculpt i've owned in my 5/6 years in the hobby. The neutral mouth with the eyes looking to his right reminds me so much of the Begins ending, 'escalation.' I'm also a huge fan of the Bale sculpt.

Minor flaws, well there is a very small glossy area on one of the cowls around the brow area, it's not the whole cowl though so that's not bad. The grabber for the stand also can't lock into place as the little silver ball is broke off somewhere. The whole stand was loose in the packaging when I opened it actually, I think customs may have had this one!

And lastly, one of the magnets inside the suit has been glued on higher than the other, meaning it's even more of a pain putting the cape on. I'm a fan of the cape itself though and the magnet system.

Did a belt mod with 2 thin wires and some tape, took 5 minutes!! Love the belt :yess:

There's too much awesomeness with this and Arnie in the same besta!

Just a brilliant fig! DAT SCULPT!

Back