ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U guys should have a better chance with Enterbay thru me than if u bought direct from EB because u bought from me!!!! Lol

saw that my LCS had Bats and Joker for PO but they said they didn't know when they were getting them in but would only be $330 w/ tax each...so tempted to PO it but I would want the later batch of January like CSC and AE have

Time for some multi-quoting...

don't have one :monkey2 one 1/4 is good enough for me..it just takes so much space...come to think of it..I never seen anybody done it yet..oh well..:)

Rory did it.

I feel the same way. It's like I I sometimes feel more particular to the ones I've modded cause I feel like I added, even if it's subtle, just added my own touch to make the figure better.
In the beginning, I was a worry wart cause there's always the chance that I may butcher the figure. But I'm pretty fortunate that I have been happy with all the mods that I've done and it eventually even gave me the confidence to start painting and weathering figures.

:goodpost: Same here.

It's tricky though buddy. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near the cowls on this with a brush. They're black and 1:4 scale. More than likely you will probably see a few brush strokes. And that will probably bug you more than his fupa :lol An airbrush is the way to go mate.

People paint 1/6 heads all the time without leaving visible brush strokes though. :dunno

What's up with his left (our right) arm?

There's a dimple there from the casting process. I usually edit it out, but like I said those pics are raw and untouched.

:lecture
As long as you use water based acrylics there is no need for an airbrush.
I gave the head one coat to test how it looked, but not sure if I should go more matte, I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Just use a soft flat brush and water based matte varnish. It smooths out completely itself, just apply one coat, then don't touch it until it's dry.

I need to PM you one of these days for more pointers on glossing the gauntlets and painting the cowls. I really look forward to seeing your cowls repainted.

The more matte the better I think.

I don't understand why you guys are so fixated on the stomach when the chest was always the thing that stood to be as being a little flat.

Though saying that, I can see that the stomach area does look better now.

Although I think the chest is fine, surely making the stomach flatter (which you say does look better) will make the chest appear larger...

Cape clips are one thing I would swap out with custom versions. But I don't feel the need to mod this bad boy at all.

Not even moving the clip magnets and making the belt fit?

Got this batboy today too :D

So I'm suppose that I'm back in town!

enterbay1.jpg

:rock :woo

This whole set of pics is spectacular. Good to have you back.

what do you use for lighting man? Looks amazing.

Yep. His lighting is always amazing.

got it yesterday too from OSB and since yesterday i'm absolutely blown away by this piece. after having it, i'm absolutely not regretting any cent of those $400 for a collectible, as it is perfect in every way. it is such a massive figure, that i can't believe what high quality eb have produced here. the body, the suit, those headsculpts, the accesories, everything just everything is spectacular.

we're getting 4 (!!!) headsculpts with this, in such a big size and quality, and it was just $100 more paying then if i would buy an 1/6 batman figure from hot toys.

seriously absolutely phenomenal. the only thing that i got rid off, is the magnet system, as i just didn't get the clips on the cowl well. sure there is the maglor-mod, but still, i can live better without those magnets at all.

i've just removed them easily from the inside of the suit and attached the clips with the tape under the cowl method and it looks pretty good - just as the HT 1/6 oc.

and with lance' velvet cape, it looks even more beautiful. i love the deep black color of the cape.

will do some pictures soon of it, i'm just blown away at the moment and can't decide which sculpt i should use...

I have really grown to love the magnets. I can take the cape on and off really fast utilizing the magnet system. And not having the magnets glued under the suit makes repositioning them quickly very easy.

Glad you love the figure! :hi5:

some quick shots after the first futz

eb-bat1.png

eb-bat2.png

Interesting to see this figure futzed like most have futzed the 1/6 version. This figure is clearly superior.

pic of where mine is housed for the moment, need to get him a case, every time i walk past his cape blows out of place and my OCD kicks in and i need to fix it lol. Going to get two small units for the side of my tv so samurai pred and batman can sit safely in their cases. Also may pick up a BB framed poster as a backdrop
IMG-20121020-00674.jpg

Is that the stock cape? Looks nice and dark.

I just got mine (its STUNNING)!
No warped cowls but I have the same little hole on the edge of one of the cowls, and they are all a bit too shiny, which i'll probably fix with the matt finish

Congrats! :hi5:

What is this "matte finish" you speak of? Not a repaint?

eb-bat1.png

This looks pretty static.. is this figure poseable?

not sure if that's a serious question, but this figure looks best with static poses. I have Joker already, but I'm gonna wait for prices to go way down on this before I get it.

U guys should have a better chance with Enterbay thru me than if u bought direct from EB because u bought from me!!!! Lol

and that is why i've waited longer and haven't bought it from ebay but through you :) thanks alot for trying to solve this for us wai!

I have really grown to love the magnets. I can take the cape on and off really fast utilizing the magnet system. And not having the magnets glued under the suit makes repositioning them quickly very easy.

Glad you love the figure! :hi5:

don't get me wrong, i love your way and it looks also more accurate, but i was just "afraid" that i would have always to reposition those magnets, when i pose the head more down or looking higher. the clips with the paper between cowl and cape allows you to position them very quickly, but i might try your way too as i like it from the design more.

how is it when you want to reposition them, do the magnets move under the suit with the magnet above the suit, or do you have to reposition first the magnets under the suit where you're wanting them and afterwards putting the magnets above the suit for the clips?

Interesting to see this figure futzed like most have futzed the 1/6 version. This figure is clearly superior.

it still blows my mind, can't believe what figure we got here :) as for the cape, it was designed just like the 1/6 with the hole for the neck. that was before i've seen your pictures and the magnet-method. i might cut the cape at the hole, so i can use and futz it to be a bit over the cowl.

This looks pretty static.. is this figure poseable?

it is poseable yes, and because of that good body, it can keep the pose if you want to display him like that. but because the suit is of rubber, i don't want to display him in a certain extreme pose. i took those pics just like it looks displayed on my table.

and as azurepred said, batman always looks best in a static pose :D

hi everyone, I decide to buy Bat & Joker in 1/4 scale rather than collecting Hot Toys Nolan's figures, and based on the pics and reviews this is just perfect!
I never ordered from Enterbay, can you please tell me if ordering from their website is the best way? how long usually it takes till it arrive? it's currently in pre-order and expected to ship late this month.

Ordering from their website is about the worst way to get this figure. If something goes wrong your in God's hands.

thanks for the heads up bro!! I don't live in the US but found a deal in ebay both figure for 950$ shipped (including the exclusive stuff). not sure if I can better deal :monkey1

That's a pretty good deal. But if you are in e EU, from what I read, getting them from OSB would behest, since their CS is top notch and they always take care of their customers.

That's a pretty good deal. But if you are in e EU, from what I read, getting them from OSB would behest, since their CS is top notch and they always take care of their customers.

:lecture but i'm not sure if waiman still has some?
nevertheless, if you're from the eu, there is only one way to order it: OSB
i too waited longer for it, but it came with damn secure packaging and their customer service is brilliant as they take care of you and not like enterbay just ignoring you after they got your money.

Thanks guys, Im currently in Dubai. I ordered from ebay member who many people speaking high of him, looking at his account he sold already many jokers & bats so that is assuring :) he also have ex mask (& useless socks & buckle). Luckily we don't have import tax or extra fees for importing!

Now the wait game begins, the pics & videos here don't make it easier can't freaking wait.

has anyone bought one from timcent on ebay ?? he has sold 102 of these apparently and its the exclusive buckle i am after with it ideally.... just wondered if anyone had bought one from him and got hammered by customs cos thats what im worried about !!

Back