ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so maulfan? is he sponge worthy?

Oh yes, who's gonna turn down a 1/4 scale T-800, it's tall, it's fun, they're perfect, they're very refreshing :lol

I do want to bring something up though. Now that I have this in hand and can photograph it, something struck me looking back on my shots. Sorry to bring up Hot Toys in here again but there is something I noticed that I think they deserve kudos for. I can't tell the EB figure is 1/4 scale in my photos.

The only significant difference in photos is the depth of field in them, the HT has more blurring because of zooming in where the EB doesn't, but the leather texture, the facial details, I feel like I could show someone these photos and it wouldn't be easy to peg which is bigger, so I appluad that HT could keep the details in line at a smaller scale, that's not easy accomplishment.

If Enterbay continues with the quality and accurracy of this figure through their 1/4 scale line with the characters they've announced, I think this scale will really pay off for them. While 1/4 scale figures don't have a market, Sideshow has established a PF market, same scale, not too significant a price difference, and before recent, a pretty significant difference in final quality. People who are fond of Sideshow PFs will likely look beyond these being action figures and see that the quality they hoped to see in Sideshow PFs is finally being realized. Sideshow did a PF T2 T-800, $300, simplistic paint apps, plastic costume, fixed pose, now for $100 more, you get significantly superior paint apps, real leather costume, and a wide range of pose options.

That said, I don't see 1/4 scale becoming a new 1/6, people won't have space any money to do it, but I do think EB and HT 1/4 scale figures will give Sideshow competition and change their 1/4 game much like the 2 companies impacted Sideshow in 1/6.

My T-800 at the moment
I personally don't find the articulation on the arms bad at all in person

2012-02-25164343.jpg

great pics Maulfan !..but I'm still really in the fence with this guy..jacket looks good when it's futz right but the hair..it's just too rounded for my taste..glasses are a bit big too..

might just wait for the BD version..hope they make it..

Rob

I dont own this figure, but the only thing I see wrong with it is that the sunglasses dont rest on the bridge of his nose. Everything else is perfect imo.

Wow, those photos at amazing Maulfan!!

I will be applying your many awesome poses forthwith and I too am curious about getting that shoulder gun pose! :)

Not sure what to tell ya guys, the wrist pegs work like Hot Toys wrists, though the forearms on the EB figure allow you to tilt the peg back further and the softness of the EB hands lets you bend the hand back pretty far.

great pics Maulfan !..but I'm still really in the fence with this guy..jacket looks good when it's futz right but the hair..it's just too rounded for my taste..glasses are a bit big too..

might just wait for the BD version..hope they make it..

Rob

Agreed about the hair. Its the figures biggest flaw for me personally, followed by the jaw area in profile view. The hair is a bit too 'bun-like' - think Captain Janeways hair in Star Trek voyager! However other views of the figure and its general quality redeem it very well IMO.

I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on this big guy! He's been on my radar for awhile but with him being closed to sold out everywhere, I think now is my time to shine :D:lol

Hmmmm well let's see here. No effn figure Friday afternoon and already 20+ cm of snow. On top of that it's still snowing and won't let up until Sunday morning. :gah:

:(

Oh how I loathe the Canada Post humps.

It's about 0 degrees and sunny with zero snow here in Toronto...come on down :lol

Hey, plus you'll be closer to toys2 :lol!

Back