Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, something I should have picked up on, since I too have experienced distorted pics when doing close up pics myself. So you prefer the Chen Zhen sculpt. Thanks. So going solely on the pic of the custom I posted, would you say I made the right choice? Or does the Ip Man sculpt, though the worst high end sculpt you own, still look better than the custom I purchased?

Just on your pics, I think you should be pretty happy with your choice - my problem with the Ip Man sculpt is that it has this blank stare that removes all personality from it - and that's before the shape of the head and facial details are taken into account. So yeh, a recast of the superior (imo) Chen Zhen sculpt would in my book trump an original Ip Man sculpt just 'cause it has more attitude/personality :)

Ah, something I should have picked up on, since I too have experienced distorted pics when doing close up pics myself. So you prefer the Chen Zhen sculpt. Thanks. So going solely on the pic of the custom I posted, would you say I made the right choice? Or does the Ip Man sculpt, though the worst high end sculpt you own, still look better than the custom I purchased?

Hi Larry the ip man head sculpt on the white shirt is original head sculpt from EB.
Which is the same as
IMG_7626-horz.jpg

The head sculpt on the black robe is from sg seller mytoys_box. Hope this help. However I have both necks shorten and is using HT neck adaptor.

Just on your pics, I think you should be pretty happy with your choice - my problem with the Ip Man sculpt is that it has this blank stare that removes all personality from it - and that's before the shape of the head and facial details are taken into account. So yeh, a recast of the superior (imo) Chen Zhen sculpt would in my book trump an original Ip Man sculpt just 'cause it has more attitude/personality :)

Hi Larry the ip man head sculpt on the white shirt is original head sculpt from EB.

The head sculpt on the black robe is from sg seller mytoys_box. Hope this help. However I have both necks shorten and is using HT neck adaptor.
Thanks guys. I feel better about my purchase now. Other than the new feeling of, feeling like I over paid for a recast :lol They have the Chen Zhen figure for $170 shipped on Ebay :slap

I thought the recast was painted better than the original, but maybe not. Oh well. This will do. Thanks again guys :hi5:

Yes Larry. You can do a nice Chen Zhen figure with your newly purchase head. Do show some photos after you have done it.:hi5:

I plan on taking photo's when I get the pieces together :D

Thanks again guys. Happy I joined this forum :hi5:

%252B%252B%252BP1080604%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252B%252B%252BP1080783%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

Just to balance off, I personally prefer the Ip Man head over Chen Zhen's (I don't own Chen Zhen though so my impression is based on other collectors' pics) as I felt it has a better likeness & that the expression looks fitting to Donnie's portrayal of a calm & reserved movie Ip Man.

Looks nice in those pics Aeumuse. There were a bunch of sweet Ip Man pics that I saw (here & on google), but there were a few that didn't do it any favours. I think I based my decision on how bad the head sculpts could look, instead of how cool they could look, in pics. & since the only pics of the custom head sculpt I purchased, that I found, were basically the auction pics, I guess I let it sway me.

I think the beauty of the Ip Man figure, is appreciated more if purchased as a new boxed set. Sounds like it comes with some nice goodies. If I could somehow get a brand new boxed Ip Man figure, I think I'd still be pretty happy with it. I think there are a few on Ebay for like $270, but that's still a bit more than I want to spend on it. I did make an offer of around $215 on the auction, but they weren't having it :lol

If I could somehow get a brand new boxed Ip Man figure, I think I'd still be pretty happy with it. I think there are a few on Ebay for like $270, but that's still a bit more than I want to spend on it. I did make an offer of around $215 on the auction, but they weren't having it :lol
I think BBTS has/had them in stock even a couple of weeks back!

I think the beauty of the Ip Man figure, is appreciated more if purchased as a new boxed set. Sounds like it comes with some nice goodies. If I could somehow get a brand new boxed Ip Man figure, I think I'd still be pretty happy with it. I think there are a few on Ebay for like $270, but that's still a bit more than I want to spend on it. I did make an offer of around $215 on the auction, but they weren't having it :lol

I'm surprised these are going for so much. For me it's the wooden dummy and long robed suit that made the set. Having to shell out for another body definitely took the gloss of the purchase. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up all the kit you want if you keep an eye on ebay and the commerce section :)

I've already got a spare TTM ready :D

If they're was no training dummy, I don't know if I would bother with the set. A parted out outfit & head sculpt would have been enough for me otherwise.

I just bought this new & apart from the loose joints does anyone else have a damaged base. My base has the paint flaking off on the edges & some scratches in the middle of base. Quite annoying for the price I paid. Awesome figure though.

I just bought this new & apart from the loose joints does anyone else have a damaged base. My base has the paint flaking off on the edges & some scratches in the middle of base. Quite annoying for the price I paid. Awesome figure though.

Mine has some scratches on the base also.

my body from EB had loose joints as hell. typical QC issues from EB as usual, i wont even start with my GOD issues.
you have 3 options normally with EB
- sell it off at a loss
- use the parts that you can to bash something together
- throw it in the bin.

anyways back to IP man. i loved the base - was the best feature with the product. clothes were beautifuly. body i threw away as was useless and full of faults. head looked nothing like prototype and had a dodgy paint job.

How much did you pay for your Ip Man Anton?

$290 on ebay from seller djfungshing. Contacted him because I thought it had been used but he sent me photos of others that had the same type of paint chips. So I guess I'll live with it. I still think it has been opened & displayed because the scratches on the base match where you might place ip mans feet if he was facing the dummy. Also dummy & base had a thin layer of dust on them when I took them out.

$290 on ebay from seller djfungshing. Contacted him because I thought it had been used but he sent me photos of others that had the same type of paint chips. So I guess I'll live with it. I still think it has been opened & displayed because the scratches on the base match where you might place ip mans feet if he was facing the dummy. Also dummy & base had a thin layer of dust on them when I took them out.

djfungshing seems to be the guy who sold some member here a Bruce Lee Kato without the stand and the white shirt or something like that If I currently remember and he had said it was mint never opened.

Now Its a little old news a year or so... but the name did kinda hit me. I dunno if Larry, Rory remember it. It was all over the BL threads when the GoD 3rd Edition was coming out...

djfungshing seems to be the guy who sold some member here a Bruce Lee Kato without the stand and the white shirt or something like that If I currently remember and he had said it was mint never opened.

Now Its a little old news a year or so... but the name did kinda hit me. I dunno if Larry, Rory remember it. It was all over the BL threads when the GoD 3rd Edition was coming out...

Wouldn't surprise me. This was advertised as new also.

Wow, no joke, I've been browsing an eTail shop that I think Djfungshing is affiliated with, while checking back here. The tab is still open :lol Djfungshing doesn't ring a bell concerning the 'Game Of Death' figure though.

Kinda sad you got your figure from Djfungshing for that much Anton, considering he sold a couple for around $230 not so long ago.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...QCtRHJ7uhyl3BjUXAsRWo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...QCtRHJ7uhyl3BjUXAsRWo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I thought I found one for around $200 from another eTail store, paid via Paypal, but got an email later saying I was getting a refund. Apparently they weren't in stock anymore, even though the site said it was in stock.

Back