Enterbay Scarface "War Version"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love both figures and the Respect version is a dam good representation of Pacino as Tony Montana.

I was weighing up which one to buy first just in case I just stick to the one Scarface figure in my collection and part of the reason I went with the War version was that I thought the head sculpt was a just a little bit better than the Respect version.

Agreed! I bought and cancelled them like 10 times and finally bought both. Resect is the best al pachino sculpt ... Period... May not be the best scarface sculpt. War on the othe hand is a rare, expressive sculpt. How many such sculpts have we seen apart from the laughing joker and may be one or tow odd here or there. Its a very difficult sculpt to make and enterbay pulled it hands down, to me its a 1/6 scale statue, born to be posed in that one very impactful pose. You just cant choose between them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed! I bought and cancelled them like 10 times and finally bought both. Resect is the best al pachino sculpt ... Period... May not be the best scarface sculpt. War on the othe hand is a rare, expressive sculpt. How many such sculpts have we seen apart from the laughing joker and may be one or tow odd here or there. Its a very difficult sculpt to make and enterbay pulled it hands down, to me its a 1/6 scale statue, born to be posed in that one very impactful pose. You just cant choose between them.

Yeah the War head sculpt is obviously only intended for the those end scenes in the movie but weighing up both figures before I ordered, the War version won it for me.

I will (hopefully) pick up the Respect version someday.

Here are some quick pics I took:

29djpjn.jpg

2uivrdc.jpg

Enterbay needs to quit messing around and make a "Hawaiian shirt" Scarface.

Scarface-Al-Pacino-Tony-Montana.jpg

That's the outfit they should've gone with in the first place given the expression they sculpted. I would've picked up this set if it was the Hawaiian shirt rather than the dark suit - or better still, an extra Hawaiian shirt to go with the suit.

I have to get one of these for my fiancé. She is the biggest scarface fan I've ever met. I got her the NECA 6" figs and they are cool, but the face sculpts are kind of laughable. She will flip out with one of these. I think I like the respect version better. Something about the face on this war version looks a bit off, even tho the accessories are much better.

I have to get one of these for my fiancé. She is the biggest scarface fan I've ever met. I got her the NECA 6" figs and they are cool, but the face sculpts are kind of laughable. She will flip out with one of these. I think I like the respect version better. Something about the face on this war version looks a bit off, even tho the accessories are much better.

Sorry bro.. Nothing is off on that head sculpt. Pls remember an expressive head sculpt always will appear like its somene else. I think this is the closest it could get, this not being a neutral expression. I think it was bold of enterbay to do the head sculpt and they got it spot on. However for fiance i may recommend respect, only cause of suit and a good loking al pacino... Every woman wld want that..

The War version sculpt looks like Tony Montana. The peace version looks like Al Pacino in-between takes.

Sorry bro.. Nothing is off on that head sculpt. Pls remember an expressive head sculpt always will appear like its somene else. I think this is the closest it could get, this not being a neutral expression. I think it was bold of enterbay to do the head sculpt and they got it spot on. However for fiance i may recommend respect, only cause of suit and a good loking al pacino... Every woman wld want that..

The face looks good, it's the eyes that I find off. Maybe it's just that they are creepy lol.

Either way, I've since seen the Blitzwing Scarface, which I didn't know about. I can find it cheaper and I think that head sculpt is perfection. The chair tips the scales too. I much prefer the accessories in the enterbay set, so maybe I will try and find some of those on their own. For now tho I think tomorrow I will be buying the blitzwing scarface. Down the line I might get this war version to go with it, but the fiancé only gets one toy in between like, oh, 12 of mine :)

The face looks good, it's the eyes that I find off. Maybe it's just that they are creepy lol.

Either way, I've since seen the Blitzwing Scarface, which I didn't know about. I can find it cheaper and I think that head sculpt is perfection. The chair tips the scales too. I much prefer the accessories in the enterbay set, so maybe I will try and find some of those on their own. For now tho I think tomorrow I will be buying the blitzwing scarface. Down the line I might get this war version to go with it, but the fiancé only gets one toy in between like, oh, 12 of mine :)

Cue the chorus of 'Ben Stiller' calls :lol

The BW sculpt is not as accurate a likeness as either of the EB sculpts in my opinion - but in terms of capturing the Tony Montana expression it wins hands down. The war version is very scene-specific and I can't accept that particular expression in the dark suit tbh (Hawaiian shirt yes). The peace version, again, is far too passive a look to be convincing. I went with the BW version and swapped out the suit for a dark suit because the white suit doesn't match the chair. Getting TM completely right appears to be beyond both BW's and EB's capability. It's as though they both had a wealth of reference material without actually paying attention to the movie.

My Tony Montana 'War' version is now in the UK at customs so I should have him soon. :clap

Someone said earlier in the thread that Enterbay are custom fees free but has anyone in the UK been charged when ordering directly from Enterbay?

Damn Parcelforce have said on my tracking that 'fees have to be paid' but nothing can damper my excitement for getting this guy which hopefully will be soon.

It is a bit of a gutter that small extra charge but I'm really looking forward to getting this figure so it is what it is.

Hopefully my fees are around about the same as yours as I may have to pay Customs and also Parcelforce for handling it.

Back