ENTERBAY - The Dark Knight - Joker 1/4 HD Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
might be a comic con pen or t-shirt haha,:thud: we just dont know. just a sweetner for going to the convention :D

These are mass produced, not individually hand styled by the artist/artist's wife like what Bob/Adam had previously done.

The Joker's hair is thin and you can see parts of his scalp painted, and some styled strands of hair. Which would take a lot of time and quality control to be accurate. I dont think its as easy as say, HT baby doll's hair or HT black widow's hair.

Oh I am well aware of all the limitations and the fact that it would be difficult to do on a large scale.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done/attempted

Personally I'm sure we'll see it done at some point, whether it's now or 5 yrs from now

If that is when they will be there then they'll have missed the show by over a week :lol

These will be available at the con though huh? Thats not going to be pretty methinks. But I might just have to try for one. Whats the price on these? Anyone know yet?

the past 1/4 t800 and rambo was around 300-350$ without shipping.

Oh I am well aware of all the limitations and the fact that it would be difficult to do on a large scale.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done/attempted

Personally I'm sure we'll see it done at some point, whether it's now or 5 yrs from now

It could be done, no doubt. But I think they'd rather sell 5000 of these at $300 ballpark. Rather than 10-15 pieces with accurate rooted hair at $5-6K a pop.

Yeah, not having to pay shipping would be a plus, but I could see them not carrying about that and charging the same as if shipping was still factored in :lol

My only concerns are 1) size (not fun carrying big things there) and 2) Enterbay's QC on their first run always seems to suck. Their recent Han body and MIB had issues they went back and corrected on later runs. Not sure if that will hold true with the 1/4 figures.

Wow, that sucks. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get this info, Desisandy?

they were letting us know at EB store :D but i didn,t ask much i dont think i can make it to comic con this year, will see nearer the time.:)

It could be done, no doubt. But I think they'd rather sell 5000 of these at $300 ballpark. Rather than 10-15 pieces with accurate rooted hair at $5-6K a pop.

I think we'll see it done on a normal 5000 piece run, might be a premium for it so like $400 maybe.

You heard it here first, watch out for Joker 3.0 in 2014/15, rooted hair and accurate socks :lol

Well there's a big difference between
1. realism in the sense of visual aspects, i.e. real hair, lack of joints etc - things you can actually see when you look at / photograph it. AND
2. Things like anatomical correctness and smell etc

Things under category 2 are useless because it does nothing for how real it looks. To me these things are meant to be displayed so how they look is the only thing that matters.

Anyhow, we can agree to disagree :lol
So, say Bane has armpit hair in the movie. Do you think figures should also have armpit hair?

So, say Bane has armpit hair in the movie. Do you think figures should also have armpit hair?

No, same way I don't care that my interrogation joker's arms don't have hair.

I care about rooted hair because unlike the armpit hair it's a big part of what you see when you look at the figure, or take a pic of it.

Take this pic for example:

392811_334797583261448_1006481671_n.jpg

I think it is fair to say the only thing that is keeping this from looking 'real' is the sculpted hair.

Also why i'm a big fan of the 'real' shoes Joker 2.0 comes with.

I've seen pit hair in pics :lecture

Guess Hardy didn't research the role enough to know Bane has shaved pits and a hairy chest and arms :lol

bane.jpg

Its hard to get pit hair on a figure though since articulation typically goes where it needs to be :rotfl

Last edited:
Yeah, not having to pay shipping would be a plus, but I could see them not carrying about that and charging the same as if shipping was still factored in :lol

My only concerns are 1) size (not fun carrying big things there) and 2) Enterbay's QC on their first run always seems to suck. Their recent Han body and MIB had issues they went back and corrected on later runs. Not sure if that will hold true with the 1/4 figures.

No, they are not like that. The price they have up on their retail shop is cheaper than their online shop as they don't factor on the shipping.

You could always open and inspect before buying. And im not sure bout this but i suppose after you bought it, you could just leave it with them and pick it up later after you are done looking around at the convention?

You shouldnt have asked that, he'd answer yes:lol

The 1/4 Bruce lee statues all have armpit hair painted. Accuracy FTW:lecture:lol

If that is when they will be there then they'll have missed the show by over a week :lol

These will be available at the con though huh? Thats not going to be pretty methinks. But I might just have to try for one. Whats the price on these? Anyone know yet?

You are going to a comic con in Hong Kong?

No, same way I don't care that my interrogation joker's arms don't have hair.

I care about rooted hair because unlike the armpit hair it's a big part of what you see when you look at the figure, or take a pic of it.

Take this pic for example:

392811_334797583261448_1006481671_n.jpg

I think it is fair to say the only thing that is keeping this from looking 'real' is the sculpted hair.

Also why i'm a big fan of the 'real' shoes Joker 2.0 comes with.
Yeah, so it's subjective, right? Some probably would want pit hair, or arm hair on Joker, nose hairs, ear wax, etc. It is something you can see, it would make the figure more "realistic," but some collectors would balk at buying anything with that. To me, the rooted hair crosses a line, like armpit hair might for you, where it's just too much, and the fact that it may look a bit more accurate doesn't outweigh the. . .oddness that it brings. "Realism with some exceptions" is a POV I think most of us would agree with.

Pretty sure diamond doesn't have a booth in Hong Kong :wink1:

If they have it for SDCC, I'll pick him up. If its only at Asian con, then nope.

On FB it says it will be up for sale 30 days from now, which would be during anicom. SDCC is like approx 15days from now isn't it? Doubt it would be ready for sale. Maybe a proto.

On FB it says it will be up for sale 30 days from now, which would be during anicom. SDCC is like approx 15days from now isn't it? Doubt it would be ready for sale. Maybe a proto.

Yea, I think only the protos will be shown...since this is EB's first SDCC, I think it'll be a very small showcase, whereas they have a bigger presence at Anicom, they're able to sell their products as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back