ENTERBAY - The Dark Knight - Joker 1/4 HD Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would suck to miss it by a week. Either way, I hope the extra is something lame (ie not an accessory) like a special box, bag, or keychain :lol

Yeah, so it's subjective, right? Some probably would want pit hair, or arm hair on Joker, nose hairs, ear wax, etc. It is something you can see, it would make the figure more "realistic," but some collectors would balk at buying anything with that. To me, the rooted hair crosses a line, like armpit hair might for you, where it's just too much, and the fact that it may look a bit more accurate doesn't outweigh the. . .oddness that it brings. "Realism with some exceptions" is a POV I think most of us would agree with.

Yeah I can see the point somewhat.

However, I wouldn't balk at armpit hair :lol, it's not something I need or would customize to add to my figure, but if its there, it's not going to bother me either.

I like realism period. The line for me is not for exceptions, its for things i'm neutral towards.

No, same way I don't care that my interrogation joker's arms don't have hair.

I care about rooted hair because unlike the armpit hair it's a big part of what you see when you look at the figure, or take a pic of it.

Take this pic for example:

392811_334797583261448_1006481671_n.jpg

I think it is fair to say the only thing that is keeping this from looking 'real' is the sculpted hair.

Also why i'm a big fan of the 'real' shoes Joker 2.0 comes with.

jokerrooted.jpg

:lecture

I'm with Void here.
Here's an image of the same figure photoshopped with the real one so you can imagine if it had rooted hair.
Having several figures with rooted hair, it stands out much more than figures with sculpted hair.
I know things are subjective, but I think there's also lots of people that are just plain weirded out cause to them, its seems like rooted hair is branching out to true doll category.
Since Hot Toys have become mainstream, its widely accepted now but I remember reading lots of topics years ago when lots of people were also weirded out having real clothes on figures and so they prefer statues.
Now of course that's also subjective, the attention to detail on sculpting wrinkles on clothing is impressive...but one can also say it wont come to having actual wrinkles on real clothes.

One of the reasons I personally collect is because for me, its like having my own personal mini wax museum.
Imagine if wax museums have sculpted hair, its not the same realism.
Take for example this madam tussaud's Jack sparrow, would it still be the same realism if it had sculpted hair?
I know to some it may seem girlie, but having true hair on a figure adds another dimension to realism.
So if they can do that on 1:1 scale, why try not to achieve it on smaller scale.

Jack-Sparrow-Madame-Tussauds.jpg

That would suck to miss it by a week. Either way, I hope the extra is something lame (ie not an accessory) like a special box, bag, or keychain :lol

Their exclusives and bonuses are usually lamer than HT tbh:lol

The ones that I can remember are, 1:1 pen for the god father (not sure if it's exclusive), some cheap looking jeans 1:6 for the GOD behind the scene (again, if I'm not mistaken), and for the last t800, it was a pair of feet (useless, as not a lot of us would pose him in his arrival naked scene, plus those joints would be ugly to look at) and another pair of hand gun (different color).

And see, I think wax museum figures are pretty creepy. It would freak me the hell out if I had one in my house.

So Mike was right! I knew it! :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

jokerrooted.jpg

:lecture

I'm with Void here.
Here's an image of the same figure photoshopped with the real one so you can imagine if it had rooted hair.
Having several figures with rooted hair, it stands out much more than figures with sculpted hair.
I know things are subjective, but I think there's also lots of people that are just plain weirded out cause to them, its seems like rooted hair is branching out to true doll category.
Since Hot Toys have become mainstream, its widely accepted now but I remember reading lots of topics years ago when lots of people were also weirded out having real clothes on figures and so they prefer statues.
Now of course that's also subjective, the attention to detail on sculpting wrinkles on clothing is impressive...but one can also say it wont come to having actual wrinkles on real clothes.

One of the reasons I personally collect is because for me, its like having my own personal mini wax museum.
Imagine if wax museums have sculpted hair, its not the same realism.
Take for example this madam tussaud's Jack sparrow, would it still be the same realism if it had sculpted hair?
I know to some it may seem girlie, but having true hair on a figure adds another dimension to realism.
So if they can do that on 1:1 scale, why try not to achieve it on smaller scale.

Jack-Sparrow-Madame-Tussauds.jpg

This is exactly why I collect! Funny, it's just like you're in my brain! :D

The only awful Niagara Falls quality I am offended by is that Spider-Man ride.

I haven't been on that, but I took the family on a tour of the abominations of celebrity likenesses back in January. I might have snapped a pic of the awful holding cell Joker that was on display. If I find it, I'll post it.

I just want to see the socks,so far nobody has got them correct[medicom,hot toys,or dc direct].king grey skull did it,if they are not screen accurate I'm passing on this figure!:lol

I just want to see the socks,so far nobody has got them correct[medicom,hot toys,or dc direct].king grey skull did it,if they are not screen accurate I'm passing on this figure!:lol

To BR fair DCD's didn't come with socks so technically they didn't get them wrong :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back