ENTERBAY - The Dark Knight - Joker 1/4 HD Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Yes please! And knowing EB, it would be a REAL Armani suit :thud:

Won't be as good as Katos:nana: Then again, bigger scale, easier to work with. So who knows:dunno

But first we need TDK suit, Bane and Catwoman:hi5:

Wait a minute.....I don't collect 1/4.....what am I doing here?:slap

I know this is the Joker thread but this is TOO good to not be posted here:

483302_465990236747143_1427388241_n.jpg

I think this is the part where 1/4-scale shows off how much more detail you can pull off. The '11 Batman/Bruce Wayne had a great headsculpt, but even in this blurry picture, there's just... more life to EB's. I don't know what it is with them and their ability to produce lifelike sculpts, but it's absolutely amazing. Hot Toys did an outstanding job and their figure looked almost exactly like Bale -- but this looks like Bale about to walk off your shelf. It takes a better sculpt to make you realize the old one wasn't quite 100%.

And those eyelids! I didn't think I'd be able to resist a giant figure of the Begins suit and this sculpt isn't making it any easier! :thud:

I have the T-800... If I was into Rambo I would have that as well... Batman and Joker are instant buys! Enterbay.. your doing something right in my book!

jokerrooted.jpg

:lecture

I'm with Void here.
Here's an image of the same figure photoshopped with the real one so you can imagine if it had rooted hair.
Having several figures with rooted hair, it stands out much more than figures with sculpted hair.
I know things are subjective, but I think there's also lots of people that are just plain weirded out cause to them, its seems like rooted hair is branching out to true doll category.
Since Hot Toys have become mainstream, its widely accepted now but I remember reading lots of topics years ago when lots of people were also weirded out having real clothes on figures and so they prefer statues.
Now of course that's also subjective, the attention to detail on sculpting wrinkles on clothing is impressive...but one can also say it wont come to having actual wrinkles on real clothes.

One of the reasons I personally collect is because for me, its like having my own personal mini wax museum.
Imagine if wax museums have sculpted hair, its not the same realism.
Take for example this madam tussaud's Jack sparrow, would it still be the same realism if it had sculpted hair?
I know to some it may seem girlie, but having true hair on a figure adds another dimension to realism.
So if they can do that on 1:1 scale, why try not to achieve it on smaller scale.

Jack-Sparrow-Madame-Tussauds.jpg

My mate Louie sculpted that Jack. :)

But yeah, this is why I collect. I want a mini museum display of the most realistic depictions I can get of my favorite characters.

I think this is the part where 1/4-scale shows off how much more detail you can pull off. The '11 Batman/Bruce Wayne had a great headsculpt, but even in this blurry picture, there's just... more life to EB's. I don't know what it is with them and their ability to produce lifelike sculpts, but it's absolutely amazing. Hot Toys did an outstanding job and their figure looked almost exactly like Bale -- but this looks like Bale about to walk off your shelf. It takes a better sculpt to make you realize the old one wasn't quite 100%.

And those eyelids! I didn't think I'd be able to resist a giant figure of the Begins suit and this sculpt isn't making it any easier! :thud:

only a matter of time before ht responses with a bale sculpt .

My mate Louie sculpted that Jack. :)

But yeah, this is why I collect. I want a mini museum display of the most realistic depictions I can get of my favorite characters.

Wow, your buddy is extremely talented! :horror
Louie should join this board, I'm sure he can make tons of people here happy that talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back