EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think sideshow need to write something in this week newsletter.
Because if they write nothing it sucks for all customers who don't come on board.

But beware, if you post the new amount paid, please be clear and indicate detailed cost as at this time they is no need to panic.
As I write for a creature black lagoon SSE diorama the increase is only 8% to France.

We don't need crazy post to make people fear ;)

Other thing sideshow need to reply is, If they send me an item with damage and they refund me how I will have customs fees, fedex fees back.
I will have to fight with fedex to explain that I was refund....
They are good to send fees invoice not to refund in my memory

Newsletter ? i don`t mind even a simple announcement to their site ..

Never fear, official announcements detailing everything are coming soon. This info leaked a bit earlier than we expected, as the newly negotiated FedEx international rates don't go into effect until this week! We are working on getting all the answers for you in this thread, but there will definitely be official information on our site soon :duff

And from what I'm discovering from questioning the people in charge, total costs will be on par in most cases, and perhaps a little less in some cases! It's hard to quantify exactly, as every country is different, so before canceling, we strongly urge customers to call us for shipping quotes for their in stock orders or pre-orders that are processing soon, so that they can make an informed decision prior to canceling their orders!

what about the shipping costs???will they change dramatically???

The FedEx shipping rate is definitely going to be lower, thus bringing down your invoice amount, which is what the tax rates are based on. In other words... the percentage of tax owed to your country will be the same (nothing we can do about that), but the invoiced amount from Sideshow will be lower. And you will be paying VAT to FedEx on delivery, rather than directly to us.

Please hang tight for a little bit longer, as I would like to make a post with all the information that I've gathered, rather than a little bit here, a little bit there :duff

thanks a lot for the info dusty!!!!if you have any news please let us know!!!:D:D:D

I don´t think the Shipping costs could be on par since we have to pay for a shipping from US to , let´s say, Spain, and the distance is by far higher than from UK, even when the pieces are being routed through Belgium. Being one of the more expensive parcel services on the market I can´t see how FEDex is going to downsize the Shipping costs to cover the difference plus import fees.

Thanks dusty

Thanks Dusty. I really appreciate Sideshow efforts to offer us a good deal on shipping, but as I said before, customs taxes are still the big problem here.

Never fear, official announcements detailing everything are coming soon. This info leaked a bit earlier than we expected, as the newly negotiated FedEx international rates don't go into effect until this week! We are working on getting all the answers for you in this thread, but there will definitely be official information on our site soon :duff

And from what I'm discovering from questioning the people in charge, total costs will be on par in most cases, and perhaps a little less in some cases! It's hard to quantify exactly, as every country is different, so before canceling, we strongly urge customers to call us for shipping quotes for their in stock orders or pre-orders that are processing soon, so that they can make an informed decision prior to canceling their orders!

Dusty just to be clear as I think there is cross wires. Shipping from the US into the EU is going to be much more expsnsive for the collector.

If you order from the UK Warehouse you are charged at the UK rate of (i think 17%)

Therefore if a statue costs; $100 + 17% = $117 + shipping say $30 = $147.

If you ship from the US then the VAT rate will depend on which country you are shipping too.

Therefore (Ireland as an example):
$100 + $50 shipping = $150.
Now the interesting part

Customs in the EU will vary but in Ireland they will charge:
21% VAT, 8-9% Duty and 1-2% clearance/handling
Therefore approx 32-33% to be charged on $150 = $199.50

And this is on a cheap piece. Just imagine if this were a $300

$300 + $50 = $350. Therefore 33% on $350 = $465.50

same situation here in greece....bullseye thank for the great example!!:clap:clap

Dusty just to be clear as I think there is cross wires. Shipping from the US into the EU is going to be much more expsnsive for the collector.

If you order from the UK Warehouse you are charged at the UK rate of (i think 17%)

Therefore if a statue costs; $100 + 17% = $117 + shipping say $30 = $147.

If you ship from the US then the VAT rate will depend on which country you are shipping too.

Therefore (Ireland as an example):
$100 + $50 shipping = $150.
Now the interesting part

Customs in the EU will vary but in Ireland they will charge:
21% VAT, 8-9% Duty and 1-2% clearance/handling
Therefore approx 32-33% to be charged on $150 = $199.50

And this is on a cheap piece. Just imagine if this were a $300

$300 + $50 = $350. Therefore 33% on $350 = $465.50

As a fellow Irish collector, excellent post Bullseye. If Sideshow continue with this action I will be forced to cancel my three preorders and will refuse to use Sideshow again.

Sorry but we need to know, sideshow start to send in stock with fedex and still no word (except yours and thank you for this).
I think sideshow could tell us this month ago not when it start with in stock with preorder soon.

I will wait sideshow information but I know that shipping with fedex will cost more as the creature black lagoon cost increase of 8% for France (not huge but still 8% more for a little diorama, we have compared the invoice from one shipped from UK and one from US for France).

The currency rates are good at this time but If in next months they are not good +8% in invoice will make me buy nothing or regular from local retailers.
:(

One more time ...you prove that you are the man !!!!!!!!!!!

:chew

Uhhh I bought the Samaritan directly from SideShow and shipping from CA to MA was $38.00 with UPS "GROUND"

Can imagine something heavy like that shipped to EU.:horror

Attention EU Customers: Even though this item is not available to ship from the EU Warehouse, you can still order it via our US warehouse. Applicable VAT / Import Fees / Duties will be collected by the courier prior to delivery. If you have any questions regarding shipments to the European Union, please contact EU Customer Service.

Back