EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the phone number for the EU warehouse Im calling from the UK I need to see if I order an instock item im going to be charged extra now.

You will unable to contact the warehouse direct. You are required to go through the EU department in the US.

In this time of crisis, Sideshow, you think the EU warehose (or whatever it is) closure is the best solution? I don't know the profit you will make by doing so, but your reputation for the EU customers is completely lost.

You know every action has an effect...the ending of some customers' collecting days. I only hope, seriously, that this action is NOT the begining of YOUR END.

I have been reading the FedEx Website and I'm sure I have this right when I say that FedEx will only carry items up to the value of $1000?
Specific items such as artwork, film, antiques, glassware, jewellry, furs, watches, etc. are limited to a maximum declared value for carriage of US$ 1,000 per shipment or US$ 9.07 per US pound, whichever is greater. Liability of claims requires notice of claims within strict time limits. FedEx's liability is subject to strict and detailed terms and conditions. For further information regarding carrier liability please call our Customer Service.
One bit of good news for UK buyers is that you don't get import fees for anything under £105, but the bad news is FedEx not only charge VAT on the Item, but on the shipping too
Duties and Taxes
Duties and Taxes are not included in the export rates and will be billed to the recipient unless otherwise requested by the shipper. An advancement fee may be charged.
If the recipient refuses to pay, the sender shall be ultimately responsible for the payment of all Duties and Taxes
Value Added Tax (V.A.T.)
V.A.T. will be applied to the transportation costs of goods shipped within the European Union.

Had to cancel a few items, no matter how much you sugar coat it im still gonna get taxed out of my ass.

:( not a happy bunny :(

One bit of good news for UK buyers is that you don't get import fees for anything under £105, but the bad news is FedEx not only charge VAT on the Item, but on the shipping too

VAT is calculated on both the item and shipping when dispatched from the EU warehouse.

Dealing with companies like Play, you can find Some savings, but most of there prices are ridiculous.
Take the KOTCS PF, that costs £269.99 :horror

What about Bowens Planet Hulk $295 at SSC £350 at Play. :horror

prices are very high in europe comic stores guys...iron spiderman has 300 dollars in ssc site and here i have found one for 350 euros....:banghead:banghead:banghead

prices are very high in europe comic stores guys...iron spiderman has 300 dollars in ssc site and here i have found one for 350 euros....:banghead:banghead:banghead

Play used to be really good now they just take the $ price and change it to a £ like the T-600 bust $750 SSC £750 Play :rolleyes:

Edit: it's up to £800 at Play wtf no one will buy that unless they are a bit crazy. :lol

this smilie is symbolic of what companies do to the EU collector

:moon:moon:moon:moon:moon

You forgot something...

1256176921559.jpg

One has to admire those who have come into this thread acting all high and mighty when this matter does not effect them. If this were something which effected them directly, undoubtedly they would have a different tune to sing.

Well it doesn't affect me but seeing as your high and mighty comment could apply to anyone else and everyone else, I'll stick my neck out again. At least I didn't ball and whine with jealousy when Sideshow first announced opening an EU warehouse and not an Australasian warehouse.

The EU is closing so I suggest you do what the rest of the international collectors do, and get in thick with the most local distributor/s. Here's the list of other distributors Sideshow has. There's a few in Europe. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4491

That's all I can think of. I hope it's a benefit to some of you.

Dealing with companies like Play, you can find Some savings, but most of there prices are ridiculous.
Take the KOTCS PF, that costs £269.99 :horror

Play used to be really good now they just take the $ price and change it to a £ like the T-600 bust $750 SSC £750 Play :rolleyes:

Edit: it's up to £800 at Play wtf no one will buy that unless they are a bit crazy. :lol

Sadly such prices are common place. Most retailers have a tendency to simply replace the dollar symbol for the pound. That being said, with a little patience and some searching, there's always a good deal to be had.

One has to wonder how Sideshow's decision will effect these prices in the future. Lately we've seen a steady increase in pricing, making these items increasingly costly.
Will we now see retailers raise them further? I'm inclined to think it's a likely scenario.

Sadly such prices are common place. Most retailers have a tendency to simply replace the dollar symbol for the pound. That being said, with a little patience and some searching, there's always a good deal to be had.

One has to wonder how Sideshow's decision will effect these prices in the future. Lately we've seen a steady increase in pricing, making these items increasingly costly.
Will we now see retailers raise them further? I'm inclined to think it's a likely scenario.

I'm inclined to agree with you i'm sure that T-600 was £749.99 the othe day now it's £799.99 it's crazy. But like you say with a bit of luck there is always a deal to be had so i'm still hopeful of getting the T-600 at a good price.

Back