EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I would be amazed and hugely disappointed if this turns out to be true. Higher VAT, import clearance duties, and higher shipping charges will mean the end of this hobby for collectors. It's exclusives or nothing in this game.

same here!!:lecture:lecturei sent an email to see if it's true...hope is not...

I have to say I would be amazed and hugely disappointed if this turns out to be true. Higher VAT, import clearance duties, and higher shipping charges will mean the end of this hobby for collectors. It's exclusives or nothing in this game.

Nonsense. You don't need all exclusives. Often the ex is crap. The regular versions that are available at European retailers are mostly equally good.

Nonsense. You don't need all exclusives. Often the ex is crap. The regular versions that are available at European retailers are mostly equally good.

Yeah Ex used to be great like with the capt america you got a different head & shield now you get something lame like a Locket on X-23 or some Print woooooooooow :rolleyes: :lol

Yeah Ex used to be great like with the capt america you got a different head & shield now you get something lame like a Locket on X-23 or some Print woooooooooow :rolleyes: :lol

100% agree. There are "must-have" exclusives. Most of the time the regular version does it too.

It is true, most exclusives are superfluous, but, on the aftermarket, the exclusive versions tend to maintain their value better. Now I know that a lot of you don't really mind the monetary value of their collectibles, but there are a lot that do.

And yes, it also appeared to me that ordering from SSC en direct looses a lot of it's appeal should it become even more expensive than it already is, for what ever reason. And the fanciest exclusive SSC comes up with won't change that. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so, If any of you have to cancel orders in the near future, I strongly suggest you make use of the 'nifty' feature they have on the site: tell them exactly why they are loosing these orders!!

Last edited:
another problem is that the prices of statues in europe will skyrocket..
we wont even sell statues to america...

another problem is that the prices of statues in europe will skyrocket..
we wont even sell statues to america...

I don't think those in the United States need to buy Sideshow statues from anywhere else but home. Most of Sideshows items are sold domestically and along with relatively cheap shipping as well. They have a healthy purchasing and reselling environment, so looking overseas to purchase rarely is required.

i think ss is trying to sell only in us...i believe interantional orders are a huge problem for ss ,especailly for damages etc...

i think ss is trying to sell only in us...i believe interantional orders are a huge problem for ss ,especailly for damages etc...

That would suck if true but i'm sure they have way too many customers in europe to not want to sell to and that would be a lot of sales lost.

They did alright before they opened the European Warehouse. I expect they know how much their business increased, from that time, and would get a fairly good idea of how much they stand to loose. With the economy being stymied, it is likely the Euro warehouse was no longer viable.

They did alright before they opened the European Warehouse. I expect they know how much their business increased, from that time, and would get a fairly good idea of how much they stand to loose. With the economy being stymied, it is likely the Euro warehouse was no longer viable.

How long has it been open?

Can't say precisely. It's a question for Sideshow, but around four years or so, as an estimate.

i am not sure how many europeans collect ss products...if was that big,i dont think ss will post the newsletter in 6 pacific time whis is about 2 am here...

i am not sure how many europeans collect ss products...if was that big,i dont think ss will post the newsletter in 6 pacific time whis is about 2 am here...

If not many europeans ordered from them they wouldn't have opened a european warehouse in the first place would they? i guess we'll only know when/if they post and tell us. :)

If not many europeans ordered from them they wouldn't have opened a european warehouse in the first place would they? i guess we'll only know when/if they post and tell us. :)

yes..i am waiting an answer aslo asap...as someone said ,it's not a warehouse but a logistics company..if this is true ,ahhh...i dont know...i just hope..:D:D:D

Back