EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes..i am waiting an answer aslo asap...as someone said ,it's not a warehouse but a logistics company..if this is true ,ahhh...i dont know...i just hope..:D:D:D

:lol

Yeah it's all just guess work at the moment isn't it? just hope we gets some answers really soon.

Hi everyone! Here are some answers for you, regarding the EU transition:

Thank you to everyone who has been posting in this thread. We would like to keep you updated on our services we provide you and therefore would like to confirm that we are indeed making some changes based on the feedback that we have received from our EU collectors. In order to be able to deliver your items in a quicker fashion and with the least amount of damages, we will be transitioning shipment of EU orders from the EU facility to ship out of our US based warehouse.

You don’t have to worry about shocking shipping rates from our US facility to you because we have aggressively negotiated competitive EU shipping rates with Fed Ex and are excited to be able to provide these to you.

In addition, EU collectors will not have to wait weeks as their product processes, transfers to the EU warehouse, then ships out to you via a slow local carrier. By shipping directly with Fed Ex, we can now get items to our EU collectors within days and on pace with all other US and International collector shipments. We also anticipate less damages through the use of the Fed Ex service and if damage does occur, we will be able to exchange the product in half the time!

We look forward to these changes based on our EU collectors’ extensive feedback and we are sure that you will soon see the differences for yourselves!

Dusty what implications for VAT and import duties. Will it still be the UK Vat rate? And will there be an additional import duty?

You won't be saying that when your paying another 10% on top of current VAT rates?

The one item I had shipped direct to me from the US warehouse cost me 33% extra in VAT, customs and clearance. It's currently costing 17% from the UK.

This is a disaster if true.

Thanks, Dusty :duff

Sounds good but we do have to pay customs, right?

Yep this is a disaster i'm really angry and dissapointed at this decision its a massive kick int he teeth for us none US customers i really really wanted the T-600 bust direct from sideshow but i'm going to have to cancel and see if i can get it maybe on ebay later down the line if not its tough because i live in the UK....

This is very sad news. Sideshow have just made a very bad decision.
The simple fact is, EU collectors will not be willing to pay substantially increased fees to receive their products direct from the US warehouse.

Dusty if there are import fees on top of what we currently pay then I am extremely angry and disappointed

there is no way this is for the benefit of the EU collectors. It might be reducing your initial costs but your going to lose out in sales in a big way.

It will be the end of my collecting. Please reverse this decision.

what about import fees???i have sent an email and they havent answered yet...

i get all of my sideshow stuff from a third party anyway...so i wont be stung by this mess sideshow is making....do you even care about your collector fanbase in the uk? im betting you wont put low $values on shipping tickets so we dont have to pay sky high customs fees....thats why i stick to my partners in china and japan..they give me a good deal and ill continue giving them my buisness.....

Can anybody explain this?

International customers and EU customers, taking shipments directly from our U.S. warehouse, will be responsible for brokers fees, import fees and / or duties on their orders. These fees will be collected directly by the carrier for your government, either at time of delivery or billed afterwards. Sideshow suggests that you contact you local customs agent for details. (VAT will not be collected on orders shipping directly from the U.S. warehouse to European Union collectors.)

It means that the courier will ring you for payment of import fees before they deliever your parcel. This won't lead to faster delievery at all.

It means that the courier will ring you for payment of import fees before they deliever your parcel. This won't lead to faster delievery at all.

That's not entirely true. Fed-Ex have a tendency to clear goods on your behalf. You will receive your collectible, closely followed by an invoice requesting payment of duties, clearance fees and handle charges. If the item in question incurs a fee higher than a specified amount, then you will receive a phone call, requesting immediate payment, or said item will be frozen. This item will then remain frozen until the requested payment has been debited.

Can anybody explain this?

International customers and EU customers, taking shipments directly from our U.S. warehouse, will be responsible for brokers fees, import fees and / or duties on their orders. These fees will be collected directly by the carrier for your government, either at time of delivery or billed afterwards. Sideshow suggests that you contact you local customs agent for details. (VAT will not be collected on orders shipping directly from the U.S. warehouse to European Union collectors.)

Sideshow will not collect VAT when shipping direct. The courier will calculate VAT as part of their importation invoice upon the arrival of your goods to your country.

The fact that a sideshow rep came on here and tried to make out that it was a good thing was even more a kick in the teeth

dont buy it then.

yeah prehaps i wont anymore,i thought the uk and the usa were meant to be trade partners but being ????ed over isnt part of the deal as far as im concerned.....anyway sideshow, ht are kicking your ass anyway...you better hope they dont start making pf sized models and 1:1 products because they will own you big time and im saying this as a fan of ssc products!

Back