EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my only dealing with this was the Predator. It cost me $300 to clear it therefore costing me $999 + shipping + import duties $300.

Thanks for your answer Dusty, but unfortunately you bring terrible news. Most of us, EU collectors, can deal with getting our products one month later than USA collectors. I don´t think that is the problem. Even if Fedex new shipping rates match EU warehouse shipping cost to us, we are going to be hit by customs pretty hard. I love order direct from Sideshow, but now I will have to be more selective on exclusives and cancel most of my current orders. I still think Sideshow is the best company out there, but this is a really bad move.

Thanks again Dusty.

Oh and the goverment charge you import duties on the shipping and item too.

Yep so if for example:

statue costs $300
shipping $60

then add together and add about 30% to that for VAT and duties. So about $120 extra.

im going china and japan only...unless its a third party usa supplier from now on.....secret compass were really good to me...but ill never buy from ssc direct again

Guys for once I wish we could all take a stance. This is depressing.

give me a petition to sign then i'll sign it but none of us collect by necessity, if i want something bad enough then i'll pay for it

what other us collectible company has a eu warehouse?.....none

Shipping from EU warehouse:
  • Goods + Shipping = Total
  • Total X VAT = Total payment required

Shipping from the US warehouse:
  • Goods + shipping = Total
  • Total X Import duties = Total1
  • Total1 + Handling/Administration Fees = Total2
  • Total2 X VAT = Grand Total Of Item

i will add....this will affect US customers as edition sizes will get smaller but prices will go up to compensate less sales

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. SS have provided a EU warehouse for a number of years now. So why the need to change? It's certainly not so that people will get their statues quicker. Is the EU market losing them money? Is the EU warehouse not viable? This is the real question. I cannot believe that is the case.

give me a petition to sign then i'll sign it but none of us collect by necessity, if i want something bad enough then i'll pay for it

what other us collectible company has a eu warehouse?.....none

if this is so bad for you guys what freaking customers from the EU have been telling sideshow to switch what they have been doing.:confused:

It sucks how you guys have to deal with so much crap shipping wise.:monkey2

I have not read any posts on here complaining about shipping times and people saying they would be willin to pay an additional 33% on top of shipping and item just to get it quicker. Only an idiot would want to pay more money.

The most ironic aspect of this matter is that they are selling this their new policy as something "positive" to EU collectors...:rolleyes:

i have complained about shipping time but given the choice of waiting or paying 33%.......I'll wait thanks

This is not based on feedback. No one would want to pay an extra 33% extra so they can have it at the same time as US collectors.

Back