EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then i suggest you guys go after the "retards" that suggested this. since it looks like its based on EU collectors feedback.

of course people want faster shipping but not paying an extra $100-200

dunno how sideshow even rationalised this as a positive for eu collectors

I think the "feedback" they are referring to is the pure economic loss they have when they have to pay, let's say, for a replacement in the EU. In my case, they've never asked me to return a piece, just destroy it. That cannot be very profitable

Another note on returns. If you send something back which is damaged you will pay import and vat on the replacement. This would be total BS.

I do have empathy for you guys outside the states... I encounter some of the same issues when buying from Japan... not nearly as bad, but I do understand the situation. Having said that, and I'm not trying to stir up anything here, but I could show many, many threads (here and at Statue Forum) where EU collectors were complaining about shipping times. Granted, many of them were about getting charged sometimes months in advance of finally receiving your items, but still, there are lots of threads about shipping being so slow or not getting your products until months after the US collectors. Based just on those threads, it wouldn't surprise me if Sideshow also received many complaints via their web site and customer service forms and emails. So, in effect, it may be that a lot of EU collectors did give them feedback which resulted in this change... even it was indirect.

have people already been receiving directly from the US? and are they paying as much as you guys are calculating.

I do have empathy for you guys outside the states... I encounter some of the same issues when buying from Japan... not nearly as bad, but I do understand the situation. Having said that, and I'm not trying to stir up anything here, but I could show many, many threads (here and at Statue Forum) where EU collectors were complaining about shipping times. Granted, many of them were about getting charged sometimes months in advance of finally receiving your items, but still, there are lots of threads about shipping being so slow or not getting your products until months after the US collectors. Based just on those threads, it wouldn't surprise me if Sideshow also received many complaints via their web site and customer service forms and emails. So, in effect, it may be that a lot of EU collectors did give them feedback which resulted in this change... even it was indirect.

so sideshow honestly thought collectors would pay $100-200 more just to get it faster?....cause that's the kinda we're talking here

Another note on returns. If you send something back which is damaged you will pay import and vat on the replacement. This would be total BS.

This is incorrect, B. Providing you keep your original invoice, you will not be eligible to pay additional fees on replacement of goods.

This was to do with being charged weeks in advance of receiving your order. That's a different matter which has been resolved as people normally get their order within a couple of weeks of paying.

But who in their right mind would want to pay an extra 33% for quicker delievery.

Not sure if it will make a difference but you guys should let them know whats crakalalking. they are obviously reading this thread but maybe its not enough.

i love people trying to rationalise this...if this happened to us collectors this thread would be 3 times as big already

i've read peeps b@tching about paying $20 shipping :lol

so sideshow honestly thought collectors would pay $100-200 more just to get it faster?....cause that's the kinda we're talking here

That I don't know... I was just pointing out that maybe they do read these forums and thought there was enough dissatisfaction with shipping times to do something about it. If costs really do go up with this change, then hopefully Sideshow will also listen to your feedback about it and make another change.

This is incorrect, B. Providing you keep your original invoice, you will not be eligible to pay additional fees on replacement of goods.

I guess it will be important to keep the invoice because you can be sure customs will be back for more KY treatment.

The problem began when Sideshow decided to charge weeks, in some instances, months, prior to the item leaving the EU warehouse. If they had kept the original procedure in place there would undoubtedly be less complaints.

That I don't know... I was just pointing out that maybe they do read these forums and thought there was enough dissatisfaction with shipping times to do something about it. If costs really do go up with this change, then hopefully Sideshow will also listen to your feedback about it and make another change.

but as a company they must acknowledge the usual silent majority that are happy

i dont know for other eu countries but here we have about 35% import fees...i cannot understand ss's policy...we order something now and we wait about 6 months to be produced..why the hell complain for 2 weeks waiting???ss lies for me..

Here it's 33%. And that 33% is on shipping too. So if it costs $360 shipped it's 33% on the $360.

Back