Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes!! After a great match, during which Italy makes the game, finally we go to semi final match, where we'll face Germany....as the semi final match of worldwide cup of 2006 ;)

Congrats to Italy they played really well tonight. How they didn't score I don't know? But the only good news being an England fan is that we don't have to go & face Germany now because the way where played in this tournament & the way the Germans have been playing, we would of been annihilated.

First time for everything I suppose. I don't see it though.

& you were correct in thinking that :lecture
Italy even gave us a head start by missing there 2nd Pen but you could always sense England were still going to bottle it, they always do.

I said "This is going to penalties" after about an hour of normal time and I wasn't suprised when the overpaid numpties bottled it again.

I think the FA should save themselves any further humiliations and disband the national team.

Just finished the match on dvr.

Damn, I hate that PKs can determine the winner of a game. What can you do though? They can't play until the players drop.

The bottom line however is the right team deserved to win. The quality of play all match long belonged to Italy.

It would have been an absolute travesty if England had won in PKs.

He took a chance with that one didn't he. That could have backfired in an embarrassing way.

Bigtime... think he was alittle miffed at joe hart trying to put the italians off and tried to embarress him just a little lol

pirlos penalty ......... wow !!!! cool head

Yes! he did his penalty as "Totti did" in his best time :)
I think that a match couldn't be decided with penalty kicks, but it is better if Fifa and Uefa, introduces a kind of sistem like boxing...win at points :)

Yes! he did his penalty as "Totti did" in his best time :)
I think that a match couldn't be decided with penalty kicks, but it is better if Fifa and Uefa, introduces a kind of sistem like boxing...win at points :)

Intresting idea.....Italy would have had the slight advantage :lol

I saw an interview with Hodgson this morning and he was making the usual tired excuses.

What was most amusing was his insistence that it's impossible to practise penalties because "you can't reproduce the tired legs that players have by that stage".

Bollocks.

All you do is make your players do 90-120 minutes of really physical training THEN make them practise penalties.

Maybe if Hodgson had the brain to work that out he would have actually won a few major trophies in his career instead of being a journeyman.

In fairness though, the real problem England have isn't Roy Hodgson and unless you work for the FA has been apparent for decades.

Our coaching system needs throwing out of the window right down to grass roots level and replacing with one that promotes technical prowess over physical strength.

Every great team around the world has a couple of "honest grafters" that make it easier for the most gifted players to perform but in England's case the grafters dominate the squad and the one or two players that know how to pass the ball consistently well just get dragged down.

Look at Rooney, for Man Utd he's world class....because he's surrounded with players that're mostly on the same wavelength technically so he's able to play his natural game.

For England he's nothing like the same threat as he often ends up playing a lot deeper to try and make up for the lack of creativity from the midfield who appear to run round like headless chickens.

Until the FA realise that their coaching system is severely flawed and take the necessary steps to change things then FA is all the national team will win.

Last edited:
Until the FA realise that their coaching system is severely flawed and take the necessary steps to change things then FA is all the national team will win.

lolcatrenderer2aspxtopbiq71.jpg

I think that if it was Fabio Capello as Englad coach, probably players could made a different king of playing....but it is a tradition for england...go out after PK, but this time it was the correct finale result

Intresting idea.....Italy would have had the slight advantage :lol

I saw an interview with Hodgson this morning and he was making the usual tired excuses.

What was most amusing was his insistence that it's impossible to practise penalties because "you can't reproduce the tired legs that players have by that stage".

Bollocks.

All you do is make your players do 90-120 minutes of really physical training THEN make them practise penalties.

Maybe if Hodgson had the brain to work that out he would have actually won a few major trophies in his career instead of being a journeyman.

In fairness though, the real problem England have isn't Roy Hodgson and unless you work for the FA has been apparent for decades.

Our coaching system needs throwing out of the window right down to grass roots level and replacing with one that promotes technical prowess over physical strength.

Every great team around the world has a couple of "honest grafters" that make it easier for the most gifted players to perform but in England's case the grafters dominate the squad and the one or two players that know how to pass the ball consistently well just get dragged down.

Look at Rooney, for Man Utd he's world class....because he's surrounded with players that're mostly on the same wavelength technically so he's able to play his natural game.

For England he's nothing like the same threat as he often ends up playing a lot deeper to try and make up for the lack of creativity from the midfield who appear to run round like headless chickens.

I kinda agree with you but I think the influx of foreigners playing in the prem has damaged our national side.
The promising english youth just dont get the chance top flight and always stay as promising!
Rooney for me has never been in the right shape or injured every major tournament. Dont know if its just me but he looked very heavy this euro's. I dont understand how he lets himself get out of shape for a major competition?

Id love to see us do what the germans did last world cup and bleed a talented crop of players thru.
Sadly, we just dont have them :(

I think that if it was Fabio Capello as Englad coach, probably players could made a different king of playing....but it is a tradition for england...go out after PK, but this time it was the correct finale result

We didnt deserve to get to penalty's.
We were out played and out classed!

Pirlo showed how to play the great game and we just couldnt cope with him.

Awesome player and a great display by Italy.

Didn't get to see France vs. Spain, I was looking forward to that one. I wonder if Spain will raise its level when faced with more formidable opponents. Italy really gave them a lot of work, for one.
I did see Italy vs. England and was massively disappointed by England! I really was hoping a lot more. Deserved win by Italy and a much more difficult opponent for Germany, which, by the way, has never won against Italy in a big tournament...

At any rate, I'm thinking Portugal has a chance of beating Spain if Ronaldo is playing at his top level. He can muster the team around him, and Spain has not looked very dangerous. Lots of passing and ball control, but not a lot of attack.
As for Italy vs. Germany, I think Germany will finally beat Italy. They have the stronger team, as well as a younger team, which could help if the italians run out of steam.

The final could very well be Portugal - Germany.
But what do I know! It'll probably end up being Spain - Italy!

Your right! Pirlo is a very good player but England made it so easy for him by giving him all the time in the world to spray passes around. The Germans won't give him a second on the ball & will take him out the game. I fancy a 2 nil win for Germany. Portugal, Spain I'm not so sure about though, that's going to be tight. One thing for sure though is Spain will dominate possession. I'll guess 1 nil to Spain

Back