Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would seem he was a bit presumptuous in thinking the pens would get so far to fit him in - if it was his intention to get the glory of being the last successful kicker.

Last edited:
I think he was saving his self for the winning Pen.

Isn't this a coache's decision? Surely you can't tell me that the coach asks for volunteers? And the #3 and #4 guy mixed up their positions in PKs. The whole thing was a shambles. :lol

I'm still waiting on the post game press conference to see if Ronaldo was even penciled in as the #5 guy.

The pundits on the BBC couldn't understand it either. why send up your two centres halves before your best penalty taker & what was the Alves situation about? :lol you could see he was always going to miss his Pen after that shambles. I felt for him though

What a botched PK shootout! Perhaps the second beat player in the world doesn't get a chance to shoot....unreal.

That was pretty bizarre... why the hell didn't Ronaldo take the first PK?
I had mixed feelings on who should win. I think Spain has a great team, but I'm absolutely tired of their passing game. It's become soooooo boring most of the time.
This might sound presumptuous, but the Colombian national team used to play that way in the early 90's and was massively successful for a while, until everybody figured it out... the thing is, this type of game has a tendency to become very static and boring if you don't have a superstar of a forward.
So I was kinda rooting for Portugal, and they did a lot more during regular playing time. However, I'm really looking forward to a Germany-Spain rematch, so I was kinda hoping Spain would win.
So there it is.

Worst match I can remember in years for Spain..:monkey1

-Same team as Italy, France and the other teams without any strikers from the begining.. Once again!!, I am annoying ... :gah::gah::gah:

-As I told before, Spain were going to have many problems against Portugal if they do'nt play with strikers (a passing game does'nt work properly without strikers).. but what most pisses me off is that Spain have great strikers aswell (Leave LLorente play a ____ing match :gah:)

-They were tired, and I feel a chunky game for both sides, (not just Span)

The overall match was a bit better for Portugal.. but in the extra time Spain was far better (with Pedro and Cesh) than Portugal and the spaniards played as well as usual :yess:

Please Del Bosque unleash Pedro and LLorente :)pray:) from the very beginning against Germany or Italy, because We don't want to suffer once again with the same "no ____ing striker" team.. Thanks a lot :mad:

About th PK's and Ronaldo , I guess 2 completely opposite theories:

1.Ronaldo was reserved for the final penalty and the "possible" moment of glory :dunno
2. Ronaldo has failed a PK in more than one decisive match, (and match Cup btw), therefore, they (or himself) have decided that he would'nt shoot any PK :dunno

Last edited:
I fancy them Italians to pull off a shock and win this thing. That's my prediction of the day :)

This might sound presumptuous, but the Colombian national team used to play that way in the early 90's

Ahh, the good old days of Carlos Valderrama....

images

Mnnn Valderrama :)

This moment Valderrama-Michel ("el toque Valderrama") was very popular in my country years ago : :lol

MichelValderrama11.jpg

20-a%C3%B1os-despu%C3%A9s-del-gesto-m%C3%A1s-conocido-en-el-f%C3%BAtbol.jpg

Great player Valderrama btw :wink1:

Last edited:
No matter Germany will destroy Spain.
What a waste of time watching this game

No matter Germany will destroy Spain.
What a waste of time watching this game

Are you sure?..We'll see... :impatient:

Anyways Germany have to beat Italy first.:peace

...But I expected and bet for Spain VS Germany Final from the beginning

Last edited:
Are you sure?..We'll see... :impatient:

Anyways Germany have to beat Italy first.:peace

...But I expected and bet for Spain VS Germany Final from the beginning

Lol
No, I'm not sure about anything when it comes to this game :)
But I do like Germany

Back