Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get to see France vs. Spain, I was looking forward to that one. I wonder if Spain will raise its level when faced with more formidable opponents. Italy really gave them a lot of work, for one.
I did see Italy vs. England and was massively disappointed by England! I really was hoping a lot more. Deserved win by Italy and a much more difficult opponent for Germany, which, by the way, has never won against Italy in a big tournament...

At any rate, I'm thinking Portugal has a chance of beating Spain if Ronaldo is playing at his top level. He can muster the team around him, and Spain has not looked very dangerous. Lots of passing and ball control, but not a lot of attack.
As for Italy vs. Germany, I think Germany will finally beat Italy. They have the stronger team, as well as a younger team, which could help if the italians run out of steam.

The final could very well be Portugal - Germany.
But what do I know! It'll probably end up being Spain - Italy!

Not a surprise for me. England just dont have technically good enough players. Rooney unfit again and Gerrard although was very good, He is not the same player that carried Liverpool for so many years. Other than that, there's not much to talk about. Parker is a great worker and although I hate him, Ashley cole is quality.
Milner and young had shockers!
And I dont see much change with the currant crop of youngsters.
If you look at the prem for instance, its the best league in the world due to the players from over sea's and the fans.

I think that if it was Fabio Capello as Englad coach, probably players could made a different king of playing

He WAS in charge but even a strong character like Capello couldn't hope to change an entire nation's footballing culture on his own because the FA are too stuck in their ways.

The best chance for a revolution in England's coaching setup came in the late '70's when they bottled out of giving Brian Clough the national job.

This was a man who took two small provincial teams ( Derby County & Nottingham Forest ) from the second tier to the equivalent of the Premier League title in the space of 2-3 years with nothing like the resources of today's managers and he also took Forest to 2 consecutive European Cups in 79-80 which is never likely to be repeated by a club of such modest stature.

But because he was a very blunt and uncompromising figure who was never shy of saying what he thought about the bureaucrats within the game the FA were frightened of him and they gave the job to another yes man ( Ron Greenwood ).

Bobby Robson did better than most as he was fortunate to have had the job when there was more than a couple of capable players to choose from and Terry Venables did OK with a mixture of new and old in Euro '96 but since then the national team has tanked.

Last edited:
What ever happens the Germans will win this tournament :) About England this is the exact kind of performance I expected under Hodgson. He's a manager who manages lesser teams & just makes them hard to beat, this team under Redknapp would of had so much potential it's frustrating thinking about it. I'm not saying we'd won the tournament under Harry but he brings excitement, good football & he's a motivater, he was ezactly what England needed. Hodgson wasn't, he has no plan B or any other plan at all come to think of it other than just defend. I ignore people who say we haven't got any good players because we do but your got to get them playing as a unit.

What ever happens the Germans will win this tournament :) About England this is the exact kind of performance I expected under Hodgson. He's a manager who manages lesser teams & just makes them hard to beat, this team under Redknapp would of had so much potential it's frustrating thinking about it. I'm not saying we'd won the tournament under Harry but he brings excitement, good football & he's a motivater, he was ezactly what England needed. Hodgson wasn't, he has no plan B or any other plan at all come to think of it other than just defend. I ignore people who say we haven't got any good players because we do but your got to get them playing as a unit.

:cuckoo:

If Fabio Capello, a man with considerable success in club management couldn't get anything out of the present crop of players then Honest 'Arry and his single major trophy in 30 plus years of management was hardly likely to do any better....which is probably why the FA snubbed him.

Spain Vs Portugal next, should be an early preview of the Olympic diving competition :lol

:cuckoo:

If Fabio Capello, a man with considerable success in club management couldn't get anything out of the present crop of players then Honest 'Arry and his single major trophy in 30 plus years of management was hardly likely to do any better....which is probably why the FA snubbed him.

Spain Vs Portugal next, should be an early preview of the Olympic diving competition :lol

Considering the clubs & resources Harry's had he's done considerably well. To win the FA Cup with Portsmouth is a big achievement & being an Arsenal supporter & seeing Harry leave Spurs was a great relief, he turned supposably a bunch of useless players in to a top 5,6 team.

Spain V Portugal though, I've been really disappointed so far. One shot on target in 90 mins.

Penaltys, I love Penaltys. Why did Spain leave it to the 2nd half of extra time to start playing? I hope Spain win this & Ronaldo misses his Pen

WTF!

images

What a coaching tactical blunder by Portugal.

Ronaldo never even had a chance to take a PK! Why? :dunno

If Spain play like that against Germany they will lose. I hope Germany win because there played the best football during this tournament but if Spain win it then hats off to them. There a class team & no team has yet been able to retain the European Cup so it's there chance to rewrite history

WTF!

images

What a coaching tactical blunder by Portugal.

Ronaldo never even had a chance to take a PK! Why? :dunno

I think he was saving his self for the winning Pen. He's a great player but his heads so far up his ass. He was hoping this tournament would give him the chance of winning world player of year which Messi has won 3 times running & he's never won it & desperate for that accolade but it should be Messi's again after breaking every goal scoring record this season & for the fact that he's also a better player than Ronaldo :lol

Back