Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ireland V Italy today. Important match for the italians, notsomuch for us. I'm pretty indifferent about it now as one can imagine. If we get beaten again, don't give a $h!t. I'd almost feel bad if we got a point out of it actually because we'd be scuppering Italy despite nothing to gain for ourselves.

Poor Holland. That's what you get when you have mediocre players in your defense and midfield and call them great players.

I did not watch the Portugal game, Ronaldo scored, but I did not get to see how he played the while 90 minutes. His second goal was great.

Goal differential is used in the World Cup. The Euros is run by UEFA which means they take "head to head results" to determine who goes through to the quarterfinals.

For example, Russia would have advanced today in goal differential if this was the World Cup because they and Greece had 4 points. But since Russia lost the head to head game against Greece, Russia is out.

I believe I'm correct here. If not, someone please let me know.

Yeah you're right I skipped the "head to head result".
But what would they have done if yesterday Portugal AND Denmark would have won (god was I bricking it for a while there!)? Germany, Portugal and Denmark would all have had 6 points...I think then it would have gone straight to the goal difference cause how are they gonna use the head to head results in a three way tie? My god it's all so complicated sometimes!
Anybody know for sure how it would have been decided?

Germany would have gone out on head to head I believe, as last night if Denmark had made it 2-1 (Bedntner had a great shout for a penalty) then Germany would've gone home.

First night where I am not bothered about either match, probably because I am working but just not excited over this group.

Also, Van der Vaart not starting the first two games was criminal for the Netherlands (I am a Spurs fan..) but come on, the guy can pass and score, I think too much hype was put on RVP and KJH and they both ultimately had poor tournaments, along with one man team Robben.

Nothing.

But Who knows? Everything is relative :rotfl

Do you know something we don't? I smell a rat!

92623252.jpg

:p

I just find it a bit wierd that Spain either play Torres or no striker at all at this tournament. Just wondered how highly rated Pedro was in Spain?

Shaping up nicely for a Spain vs England QF.

You'll certainly do better than Ireland against them but, sorry to say, thats as far as England will go.

I didn't mind Italy winning tonight, made no difference to us, but I kinda wanted Croatia to get knocked out. They were the one team there was hope Ireland could beat and we couldn't. They beat us fair and square but still, I didn't want us doing them any favour by winning today.

I just find it a bit wierd that Spain either play Torres or no striker at all at this tournament. Just wondered how highly rated Pedro was in Spain?

Pedrito is highly rated in Spain, and he is the best option replacing David Villa imo

Some decisions of Vicente Del Bosque were criticized by the media, trying wierd and risky experiments against dangerous oponents like Italy for example.
Fortunately Spain reached quarter-finals, therefore, at the moment there is not much complaints.

Last edited:
Back