Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously I love this phone! Waiting at the dealership for my car and soaking up their free wifi. Hahaha

I've never had an iphone, or anything from apple for that matter. But, that will change as soon as this is released in Canada. I want one of these! :rock

The iPhone is like a gateway drug. I got it, then an iPad, then upgraded my iPhone now I'm considering going from PC to Mac completely with my desktop upgrade later this year...

The iPhone is like a gateway drug. I got it, then an iPad, then upgraded my iPhone now I'm considering going from PC to Mac completely with my desktop upgrade later this year...

I get my job situation taken care of and I will do the same.

When Apple says they do it better because they "make the whole widget", they're not ____ing around. That's not just market-speak; it's true. The whole Mac + iPhone + iPod + iWhatever experience is so tight and so seamless, you'd wonder how you lived without it.

I totally believe the iPhone is a gateway drug. That goes double for developers since there is very little that distinguishes an iPhone app from an OSX app.

OSX is the perfect operating system, imo, because it's so simple and solid like a modern OS should be, but you still have the full power of UNIX under the hood should you want to get your hands dirty.

Put me in the love the Apple camp... now they need a cable so you can connect your iPhone to your iPad! You know so you can easily swap material between the two!

The camera connection kit will connect the two. It has a USB adapter that allows another iPhone cable to be plugged in and it reads it like a camera. I transferred all of my pictures from my iPhone to the iPad and it comes up as imported pictures and even tags them by date and place I took the original photo. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find a program that loops the two.

The Camera A/Camera B program that supposedly sets up the iPhone as a wireless webcam for the iPad won't connect via bluetooth on mine so I can't attest to its usage.

Consumer Reports won't recommend iPhone 4
By AP News
Monday, July 12, 2010
SEATTLE (AP) — Consumer Reports says the iPhone 4 has reception problems caused by its antenna design.After the iPhone 4 went on sale in June, buyers started complaining that holding the gadget a certain way could cause calls to drop.Apple has said that any phone will lose signal strength when gripped in certain ways. It said the iPhone 4 seems to show a larger drop because it has been using a faulty formula to decide how many signal bars to show.But Consumer Reports says it tested several phones that use AT&T Inc.'s network, and only the iPhone 4 seemed to have the reception issue.Consumer Reports says the iPhone 4 will not be marked "recommended" on its updated smart phone ratings list because of this problem.

Back