Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple is holding a press conference Friday. They're not saying what it's for other than it's about the iPhone. Hopefully they'll finally explain this whole antenna business.

I can't remember Apple *ever* having a "press conference" that wasn't a new product launch. This is gonna be kinda... different.

Apple is holding a press conference Friday. They're not saying what it's for other than it's about the iPhone. Hopefully they'll finally explain this whole antenna business.

I can't remember Apple *ever* having a "press conference" that wasn't a new product launch. This is gonna be kinda... different.

They're probably going to invite "select members" of the press, *cough* consumer reports *cough*, and stone them to death with iPhones.

Heard rumors that those who have tried to return their iPhone 4 were given another iPhone that looked different.

I haven't been able to confirm it yet but once I do, I will post a link.

Heard rumors that those who have tried to return their iPhone 4 were given another iPhone that looked different.

I haven't been able to confirm it yet but once I do, I will post a link.

Did it have a piece of duct tape over the gap?

:lol

Duct Tape should market the hell out of this opportunity.

Duct Tape - The multipurpose product that even Apple depends on. :yess:

Someone posted this on macrumors - interesting on the serial number if true...
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=967781

3M FTW!!!

Better yet, Apple-branded duct tape for $9.99 which saves iPhone 4 users $20 over the bumper price!

"It's pretty remarkable", says Steve Jobs.

Guys you know I'm all over this phone stuff. No one can prove that new models are being shipped. Been debunked. No they will not unveil the lame ass white phone. They will address the issue though. I'm hoping the admit the problem, offer an early upgrade next year for all people that purchased early and maybe a bumper. That should cover it.

Funny that they'll have the conference a day after the droid x hits.

Has nothing to do with that IMO. It has more to do with the fact that they know damn well peoples 30 day return policy is getting closer to expiring. So before they start gettin a plethora of returns they want to unveil their fix. Apple is hardly afraid of droid.

Has nothing to do with that IMO. It has more to do with the fact that they know damn well peoples 30 day return policy is getting closer to expiring. So before they start gettin a plethora of returns they want to unveil their fix. Apple is hardly afraid of droid.

A billion and one consumer complaints, 30 day return policy coming to an end, and their biggest competition launching tomorrow. How do you steal the thunder? Have a press conference to stop the mass exodus.

There won't be a mass exodus, iPhone users from the beginning have known that the phone is a better mini netbook than an actual phone. Even before the "Death Grip" saga, the phone's reception wasn't that great and if you smiled during a call you'd mute it. These things are just hyped up because Apple seems so non-chalant about even addressing the issue. I have a feeling when everything is said and done nothing will change, Apple won't even give out free bumpers, the phones will continue to sell because they are trendy and addictive once you start using it and people will continue _____ing because that's what the Internet is for. Honestly, the iPhone killer has been prophetised for a while now with no payoff. This will be no different.

Hell no one has even talked about the fact that he "glass" on the back makes it amazingly slick and it slide off of everything. My phone has slid off of any slick surface from my nightstand, to books, to the side of the couch and taken a tumble on various surfaces with no damage. My wife's phone continues to take a beating dropping on various objects no just the floor from the slick back and yet nothing. Its funny how the phone bates damage from its pretty design but its functionality is really a little subpar.

There won't be a mass exodus, iPhone users from the beginning have known that the phone is a better mini netbook than an actual phone. Even before the "Death Grip" saga, the phone's reception wasn't that great and if you smiled during a call you'd mute it. These things are just hyped up because Apple seems so non-chalant about even addressing the issue. I have a feeling when everything is said and done nothing will change, Apple won't even give out free bumpers, the phones will continue to sell because they are trendy and addictive once you start using it and people will continue _____ing because that's what the Internet is for. Honestly, the iPhone killer has been prophetised for a while now with no payoff. This will be no different.

Hell no one has even talked about the fact that he "glass" on the back makes it amazingly slick and it slide off of everything. My phone has slid off of any slick surface from my nightstand, to books, to the side of the couch and taken a tumble on various surfaces with no damage. My wife's phone continues to take a beating dropping on various objects no just the floor from the slick back and yet nothing. Its funny how the phone bates damage from its pretty design but its functionality is really a little subpar.

:lecture:lecture Apple will barely bat an eye at the Droid. Despite the complaints Apple still delivers great products, and people will continue to camp out for the newest hardware.

~~On a side note. Is anyone with a first generation 3G having issues since the OS update?? For some reason the ipod feature randomly stops playing and skips tracks at random as well. I'm restoring it right now, and if the problem persists I'll try to restore to an older software version.

:lecture:lecture Apple will barely bat an eye at the Droid. Despite the complaints Apple still delivers great products, and people will continue to camp out for the newest hardware.

~~On a side note. Is anyone with a first generation 3G having issues since the OS update?? For some reason the ipod feature randomly stops playing and skips tracks at random as well. I'm restoring it right now, and if the problem persists I'll try to restore to an older software version.

Have not noticed the issues you have listed but I have noticed that my 3Gs and 3G are dropping more calls since I loaded OS 4 on them. :dunno

Have not noticed the issues you have listed but I have noticed that my 3Gs and 3G are dropping more calls since I loaded OS 4 on them. :dunno

That sucks. I have always had crappy reception in my area...not sure if that's AT&T's fault or not but I'm over it. I'm beginning to think that the older iPhone's can't really handle the new OS very well. Might just be me, but I noticed the phone in general is kind of sluggish since the update.

The mods at the official Apple forums are deleting any threads having to do with Consumer Reports as fast as they pop up.:lol

Just put the new update on my 3Gs and the reception is horrible now!!! I can hardly get a signal to make a call from my office and previously I never had an issue.

Back