Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty I had the same case and it allowed dirt in and scratched my phone. It also ____s with your flash when taking pics in dark light.

Well that's not good. How long did you have it before you noticed the scratches?

As for the flash, I did the Sharpie trick and it works fine.

Well that's not good. How long did you have it before you noticed the scratches?

As for the flash, I did the Sharpie trick and it works fine.

About a day. I think the case allows dirt in and therefore makes the scratches. I'm far to ____. I know this. Haha. If you are like me do not hold your phone directly under a lightbulb and look for flaws. I found 3 scratches tonight by doing that. You can't see them any other way unless in direct sun. I don't think its the glass. It's the damn oleophobic coating. LOL!

About a day. I think the case allows dirt in and therefore makes the scratches. I'm far to ____. I know this. Haha. If you are like me do not hold your phone directly under a lightbulb and look for flaws. I found 3 scratches tonight by doing that. You can't see them any other way unless in direct sun. I don't think its the glass. It's the damn oleophobic coating. LOL!

Well you've made me paranoid, so I did just that! :lol No scratches so far.

It's funny how the only problem I've had with this phone so far is finding a case I'm truly happy with.

Well you've made me paranoid, so I did just that! :lol No scratches so far.

It's funny how the only problem I've had with this phone so far is finding a case I'm truly happy with.

Well stop doing that. Hahaha! Its driving me nuts. This phone is like crack.

White iPhones now officially delayed until "further this year". How hard is it to make a damn white phone?

Steve youre making it wrong! :lol

Free cases are up! You have to download an app onto your iPhone 4. Search iPhone 4 case program to get the app. No colored bumpers available but they do have a VERY nice selection to pick from considering they are FREE!

What problem? LOL!

Seriously there really isn't a problem. The phone works as it should. It's media hype.

No, there is a problem. Apple held a press conference last week and admitted it. You're just more likely to notice it in an area with weaker coverage. It's explained in detail here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2
Apple has a web site explaining the issue here: https://www.apple.com/antenna/

Apple claims it's an issue with every smartphone, but they screwed up by putting the problem area right where many people put the fleshy part of their palm when holding in their left hand. With the 3GS, it was on the bottom and nobody noticed.

Apple's solution is to cover the beautiful hardware with some goofy piece of plastic or rubber. There won't be any recall. In fact, I can't think of any product ever being recalled by any company that didn't involve a safety issue like bursting into flames or something like that. No, there won't be any recall.

I'm left handed holding my phone. Apples press conference cleary showed that this is an issue with all smartphones as you said. I hold my blackberry the same way. I lose one to two bars on both phones. I don't really consider that a problem. And my phone is naked.

I'm left handed holding my phone. Apples press conference cleary showed that this is an issue with all smartphones as you said. I hold my blackberry the same way. I lose one to two bars on both phones. I don't really consider that a problem. And my phone is naked.

Like I said, and Apple demonstrated, it depends on your coverage area. You're either going to see no bar loss, a couple bar loss, or a dropped call. Depends on where you are.

However, no matter where you are, that 20dB drop in signal strength happens when that part of the phone gets touched.

I agree it was blown way out of proportion, but it's still a design flaw.

Back