Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update. I spoke too soon, the rainbow blotches are still there, quite annoying. I emailed Ghost Armor twice in the past week and a half, and haven't heard back from 'em; disappointed in their customer service.

Just send it back. There are instructions online on how to receive a warranty replacement. I waited to receive mine before I sent them back the original. Took them about a week.

Just send it back. There are instructions online on how to receive a warranty replacement. I waited to receive mine before I sent them back the original. Took them about a week.

K, i'll check it out. Thanks man!

I'm just talking about getting an Iphone for myself. :lol

Oh, well in that case...:rock :rock :rock

I just got the iPhone 4 with Verizon (a few months back.) I love it. I had a Blackberry Storm....BIG difference. :lol I wish I could have gotten this sooner.

Oh, well in that case...:rock :rock :rock

I just got the iPhone 4 with Verizon (a few months back.) I love it. I had a Blackberry Storm....BIG difference. :lol I wish I could have gotten this sooner.

I have ____ty ass tmobile and have had a curve for a while. $200 to end a contract early, ____ that. :lecture

Had a Droid 2, which was a pretty decent phone, but I didn't care for the physical keyboard since I NEVER used it. Got to upgrade, and chose the HTC Droid Incredible 2 over the iPhone since it has Google navigation which seems to be more accurate than my coworkers' dedicated GPS systems.

The phone looks fantastic, but that's where the praise ends. Day 1, I had to reset the phone twice. Apparently it had trouble running 3 apps at once. Day 2 (today) I had a fully charged battery and the phone was on standby. 40 minutes later, no exaggeration, the phone's battery had completely discharged. I have no idea what the heck was up with it, but I took it back to Verizon today and got the iPhone. Sucks that I had to pay a $35 restocking fee, even though I was only returning the phone because it didn't work properly. :/

I'd wanted an iPhone for years, but wasn't willing to give up my Verizon service for it. Glad it's at least got Google Maps. I may not get turn by turn guidance, but I'll at least have the route mapped out. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about the iPhone. :)

I have ____ty ass tmobile and have had a curve for a while. $200 to end a contract early, ____ that. :lecture
How much is left in your contact? I see you list CA as where you live, in CA they legally have to prorate your early term fee.

Had a Droid 2, which was a pretty decent phone, but I didn't care for the physical keyboard since I NEVER used it. Got to upgrade, and chose the HTC Droid Incredible 2 over the iPhone since it has Google navigation which seems to be more accurate than my coworkers' dedicated GPS systems.

The phone looks fantastic, but that's where the praise ends. Day 1, I had to reset the phone twice. Apparently it had trouble running 3 apps at once. Day 2 (today) I had a fully charged battery and the phone was on standby. 40 minutes later, no exaggeration, the phone's battery had completely discharged. I have no idea what the heck was up with it, but I took it back to Verizon today and got the iPhone. Sucks that I had to pay a $35 restocking fee, even though I was only returning the phone because it didn't work properly. :/

I'd wanted an iPhone for years, but wasn't willing to give up my Verizon service for it. Glad it's at least got Google Maps. I may not get turn by turn guidance, but I'll at least have the route mapped out. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about the iPhone. :)

I was really debating getting the Droid 2 (the one with the physical keyboard.) I had a Blackberry Storm and it would freeze up so much that I couldn't even dial out at times. I was doing battery pulls 3 - 4 times a day. And that's why I'm been scared to own ANY of the new smartphones because of them freezing up eventually as new stuff gets downloaded on them, etc. etc. I've yet to hear one common complaint from iPhone users concerning freezing. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it doesn't seem like a common thing. I have not one ill word about the iPhone yet and I hope it stays that way. These new Droids are SO tempting, but I don't think I'll ever get one because they seem so PC-like that eventually they'll do the same thing and get ridiculously slow.

Now that the iPhone is on Verizon, there is no reason to own an Android at all.

Like agentofchaos73 says, turn by turn Google maps is nice, but there a ton of turn by turn apps on the iPhone, so I don't think I'll miss it that much once I switch back to the iPhone.

Android is the biggest pain in the ass and I don't understand how anyone puts up with it, let alone evangelize it.

Now that the iPhone is on Verizon, there is no reason to own an Android at all.

Like agentofchaos73 says, turn by turn Google maps is nice, but there a ton of turn by turn apps on the iPhone, so I don't think I'll miss it that much once I switch back to the iPhone.

Android is the biggest pain in the ass and I don't understand how anyone puts up with it, let alone evangelize it.

Is there a speech to text feature standard on the iPhone? I think I'll miss that when I switch to the iPhone 5.

Is there a speech to text feature standard on the iPhone? I think I'll miss that when I switch to the iPhone 5.

No, but Dragon Dictation should fill that role nicely. I've been living without speech to text on my Android for a while now since I switched to SwiftKey for my keyboard. For some reason, SwiftKey uses it's own speech to text engine and it's not even close to being as good as Google's.

OK, so a little more than 2 days into my iPhone experience and I'm feeling like I made a good choice. I enjoy using the phone. Keyboard is responsive, and the call clarity is as good as I've experienced.

Having used an Android device for a bit more than a year, (Moto Droid and Droid 2) I will say that the Android apps load a bit faster than the iPhone apps. It's not a huge difference, but it's noticeable for similar apps. However, those same apps tend to have more features on the iPhone than on the Android devices, so that could be the cause for the slowdown. Two apps I use regularly that I've noticed this on are Facebook and eBay.

I would like to find a better case for my phone, though. I got the Incase two piece case at the Verizon store. It doesn't feel like it'll provide much protection in the event I drop my phone. If anybody wants to throw out some suggestions and save me the time of digging through all of these pages, I'd be most appreciative. :)

Has anyone ever used the apple mini display port hdmi adapter. I want to try it out for my Macbook Pro, and Ive seen them for dirt cheap on Ebay and I wanted to know if that's because they're no good or what?

Thanks

Back