Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No music on the android = ultimate fail

Well, you can get your music on there, but it's a huge pain in the ass compared to iOS. It's gotten better with Google Music Beta, but that relies on your internet connection to stream music rather than store it locally.

Well, you can get your music on there, but it's a huge pain in the ass compared to iOS. It's gotten better with Google Music Beta, but that relies on your internet connection to stream music rather than store it locally.

DoubleTwist made it easy for me.

I tried DoubleTwist, but could never to get it to work just right. Maybe it's improved since I tried last, I'll check it out. Google Music Beta has been decent enough for me, I can just organize my music in iTunes and not worry about it, but if you don't have an unlimited data plan, I wouldn't even bother.

I must admit though, I miss iTunes gift cards. I wish they had Android gift cards, they do have Amazon however.

You can still buy music from iTunes since all music is DRM free, but I still prefer to buy from Amazon: better prices and free cloud storage. If you want to buy apps with a gift card, Amazon has an app store as well: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011"]Amazon.com: Appstore for Android[/ame]

You can still buy music from iTunes since all music is DRM free, but I still prefer to buy from Amazon: better prices and free cloud storage. If you want to buy apps with a gift card, Amazon has an app store as well: Amazon.com: Appstore for Android

Yes, I like the Amazon App Store, they offer a free paid app a day and Plants vs Zombies is exclusive to them right now. I am also buying my MP3 from them lately, cheaper and I am able to download to Android. Yesterday they had a code for $2 off any purchase from their music store, that was a sweet deal.

Their cloud storage is only 5GB but when the new Lady Gaga CD came out they had a sale, her CD for $0.99 and 20GB of cloud storage. That alone was worth the over priced $0.99 for her CD, lol. So, even though I am not a fan, I rapidly jumped on that deal for the 20GB space.

My phone is the first, if not the only, that AT&T has allowed to buy apps from third party stores, like Amazon or Getjar, who has Cut the Rope as an exclusive.

Luis

Are you kidding me?! Online music streaming?! Why can't you store it locally on the device itself?! :dunno

Who is talking about streaming? I use the cloud storage for documents and such. Why stream when you can store them on the phone? It comes with 16GB internal storage and it accepts Micro SD cards up to 32GB, so 48GB takes a lot of movies, music, apps, etc.

Luis

Who is talking about streaming?

I was. Google Music Beta is a streaming service and is the only way to seamlessly sync music from iTunes.

Of course you can store music on the device itself, but it's a major pain in the ass to do so vs iOS.

Well, I don't know if the Android experience varies by device but on mine it's simple.

I dunno, on mine I have to set it to something called "USB Mass Storage Mode" and then drag the music to some folder and arrange it in folders if I want it organized any way. For playlists, I need to export an XML file and drop it into some other folder on my phone. And different music apps treat the data in those folders different ways and rearrange it on their own thereby screwing it up for any other apps that might need to use the files in that folder.

On iOS you plug your phone into your computer and you're done.

Well, yeah, it's not as easy as iOS and iTunes but my device is not as complicated as what you described.

Like I said, I have been using iOS since 2007 and Android barely since Friday. Although I like Android so far, I admit that iOS is ahead in that sense; on the other hand, Android is ahead on others.

Each OS has its advantages and disadvantages. I'm not saying that Android is better, I just grew bored with my iPhone.

Features like Swype, voice recognition, customization, true multitasking and such are making me enjoy my Android experiment.

Luis

Well, yeah, it's not as easy as iOS and iTunes but my device is not as complicated as what you described.

Like I said, I have been using iOS since 2007 and Android barely since Friday. Although I like Android so far, I admit that iOS is ahead in that sense; on the other hand, Android is ahead on others.

Each OS has its advantages and disadvantages. I'm not saying that Android is better, I just grew bored with my iPhone.

Features like Swype, voice recognition, customization, true multitasking and such are making me enjoy my Android experiment.

Luis

In all fairness Kabuki sounded just like this for a few months. Give it time. Feel free to stop back and update us. :rotfl

In all fairness Kabuki sounded just like this for a few months. Give it time. Feel free to stop back and update us. :rotfl

I am not saying I won't, I am not saying I will. If the new iPhone brings substantial upgrades I might go back. For now I am enjoying my Android "experiment".

I have been eyeing the Windows 7 phones as well, I am due for an upgrade in February, by then I will know if I am staying Android, switching to Windows 7 or going back to good ole iOS.

I know that my iPhone is a great piece of technology, I just got bored.

Luis

I love my iPhone and just had it for a week after jumping over, though I had 2 androids. The very first android G1 and mytouch, the older droid phones. I just had to get away from tmobile. FaceTime is cool too.

I've enjoyed my Droid 1 for the time I've had it, but it really feels outdated now. I'm waiting until September, when I'm eligible for a new phone, and I'm going to pick up an iPhone 5.

I'm way past being eligible for an upgrade, but since the 5 is right around the corner, I guess I'll hold off until then.

One of the largest rumors that is circulating is that the new iPhone will have a mimic of the new casting for the iPad which means it'll be remarkably thin.

Back