Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever used the apple mini display port hdmi adapter. I want to try it out for my Macbook Pro, and Ive seen them for dirt cheap on Ebay and I wanted to know if that's because they're no good or what?

Thanks

I use a mini display port to hdmi cable that I bought from monoprice.com (non-Apple branded) and it works with one exception:

The hdmi plug doesn't fit inside the adapter all the way, leaving a bit of metal exposed. This exposure causes interference that makes me lose my wifi connection on my Macbook Pro. I wrapped the exposed part with duct tape and it solved the problem. It's not an elegant solution, but I still paid $5 for it whereas the Apple branded one costs $29.

I use a mini display port to hdmi cable that I bought from monoprice.com (non-Apple branded) and it works with one exception:

The hdmi plug doesn't fit inside the adapter all the way, leaving a bit of metal exposed. This exposure causes interference that makes me lose my wifi connection on my Macbook Pro. I wrapped the exposed part with duct tape and it solved the problem. It's not an elegant solution, but I still paid $5 for it whereas the Apple branded one costs $29.

I also use the monoprice one. The hdmi plug doesn't fit in all they way either like Kabukiman's, but I've never had a problem with interference.

https://www.monoprice.com/products/...=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=5311&seq=1&format=2

I finally ditched tmobile and went to Verizon and got an iPhone since Verizon is getting rid of their unlimited data plan.

I'm about to do the same thing next month, just can't decide whether to go with AT&T or verizion.

If data plans is an issue. Verizon has unlimited data plan and at&t data plans are no longer unlimited. Plans are 2gb or 4gb data. But right now you can't surf the net and talk at the same time on verizons iPhone. But hurry if you decide to go to Verizon because I was told that the unlimited data will go away starting next month.

If data plans is an issue. Verizon has unlimited data plan and at&t data plans are no longer unlimited. Plans are 2gb or 4gb data. But right now you can't surf the net and talk at the same time on verizons iPhone. But hurry if you decide to go to Verizon because I was told that the unlimited data will go away starting next month.

I'm just waiting for my ____ty tmobile contract to be up and then I am 100% done with them.

You can surf the net and talk at the same time on the Verizon iPhone, but only on wifi. It doesn't work on 3G. Whereas AT&T will let you talk and go online using 3G.

Assuming you're in an area with good AT&T coverage.

Each provider has it's own pros and cons. It is true that AT&T's web browsing is faster, however Verizon's network covers a larger area. Therefore you can surf the web in places you cannot with AT&T.

It comes down to what each person believes is more important to them. However, it's not like AT&Ts browser is light years faster that the average Joe or even a tech guru would notice a difference, or let it bother them.

It's like 720p and 1080p. One has a better picture, but who really notices a difference?

Each provider has it's own pros and cons. It is true that AT&T's web browsing is faster, however Verizon's network covers a larger area. Therefore you can surf the web in places you cannot with AT&T.

It comes down to what each person believes is more important to them. However, it's not like AT&Ts browser is light years faster that the average Joe or even a tech guru would notice a difference, or let it bother them.

It's like 720p and 1080p. One has a better picture, but who really notices a difference?

I assure you in my area the difference between browsing on an AT&T iPhone and a Verizon iPhone is very apparent.

That said, I just went to Jersey for vacation and my browsing speed was horrible. :lol

So I've had the iPhone since the first generation.... I don't really have any complaints, but I've been curious to see other smart phones on the market. My friend showed me the HTC Evo 3D, and I was pretty amazed. Pretty cool phone, 4G network.... But my only qualm, where's the storage capacity?! And no music management support?! Fail.....

So I've had the iPhone since the first generation.... I don't really have any complaints, but I've been curious to see other smart phones on the market. My friend showed me the HTC Evo 3D, and I was pretty amazed. Pretty cool phone, 4G network.... But my only qualm, where's the storage capacity?! And no music management support?! Fail.....

Just talk to Kabuki about his choice to make the switch. :rotfl

Just talk to Kabuki about his choice to make the switch. :rotfl

Suicide.gif
:lecture

Stay away from Android. Especially if you want software to manage your music...

...or have a battery that doesn't die after 8 hours

...or want to use apps that don't look like ____

...or have a secure OS

My great Android experiment was fun at first. I am a nerd and I like to try new tech, and tinkering around with everything was fun at first. But now I'm a full year into it, and I'm counting the days to when I can go back to the iPhone. Doing just about anything in Android is an absolute nightmare compared to iOS.

I switched to Android on Friday after been an iPhone user since 2007. I have had the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4.

I found myself using the Android to make phone calls and texts and still using my iPhone (with Wifi for everything else). On Sunday I decided to drop my iPhone and so far Android is not that bad, I admit, iOS is ahead but not to the point were I hate Android, perhaps is too soon to pass judgement.

There are things I love about Android just like there are things I love about iOS, on the same token there are things I hate about both.

Time will tell if I made the right decision.

Luis

Back