Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I was really anticipating the announcement of the iPhone 5. Today, I am still anticipating the announcement of the iPhone 5.

Not enough of a difference for me to upgrade when I'm not up for a renewal yet. I guess I will hold on until next year's model.

If I didn't have my iPad 2 I would probably upgrade for the processor.

I was definitely looking forward to the unveil, but I was expecting more of an overhaul, especially after the delay in the announcement. The processor sounds like the biggest selling point for me, which is great, but I was expecting more of an iPhone 5, rather than a 4S, in terms of looks and new 'goodies.' What I was hoping for perhaps more than anything, with the 4S, was a non-wi-fi dependent FaceTime (and maybe it might be possible???)

I think it's a worthy upgrade for 3GS owners, but as a 4 owner, I think I can wait a year.

If you don't care about the latest technology, you will be able to get the iPhone 3 free of charge with most two year contracts while the regular iPhone 4 will only cost $99.

I'm not due for an upgrade until Nov 25.... so I'm not sure if I'll pay the partial upgrade price, or wait... But the 64GB version with upgraded camera is very appealing to me...

I honestly don't understand how some people prefer Android over iOS. I've have/use 2 Android phones for business purposes (though that may change thanks to Sprint jumping onboard), and I think it outright blows compared to iOS. It's clunky & cluttered. The reason all these Android phones have amazing tech specs on paper? So they can actually run that junk.

I'll get the 4S and the iPhone will be the main phone for my personal use, no question. And hopefully I can move my business phones to iPhone as well, though I may just wait til the next iteration on those.

it will be sooner than that.....I think the real reason for delay was legal issues with samsung and the health of steve jobs...

Neither. It was supply chain issues, if anything. Plus, many think Apple was keen to slide the iPhone release cycle closer to the Holiday season anyway.

It's possible the next iPhone will be ready in June/July, but I doubt it. I think we'll see iPad 3 in Q2 2012, though.

I was going to get my first iphone if this was an improvement. The Galaxy S II completely demolishes this though. I'll hold out to see what the 5 offers.
I had a iPhone 3s and a 4. I have a Galaxy s2 now. There are things I miss from the iPhone but also quite a bit of things I like on the S2 over the iPhone. I think I will miss less items from the 4 once I get use to it. But the very best part is by getting one of the euro unlocked phones I have no att crap, no new contract (cost me about 250 more then getting getting the att version) still have my unlimited data plan and i can use other carriers when overseas if I want to.

I would defiantly recommend the S2 if you want android phone.

I honestly don't understand how some people prefer Android over iOS. I've have/use 2 Android phones for business purposes (though that may change thanks to Sprint jumping onboard), and I think it outright blows compared to iOS. It's clunky & cluttered. The reason all these Android phones have amazing tech specs on paper? So they can actually run that junk.

I'll get the 4S and the iPhone will be the main phone for my personal use, no question. And hopefully I can move my business phones to iPhone as well, though I may just wait til the next iteration on those.

Hate much, oh wait I forgot who said all of this. :lol

I don't know about blowing. They are different , that's it.

IOS does what it does great but stilll fairly simple. Its made to be one size fits all but it doesn't. It's locked down like fort Knox. Some of the things they have are quite nice. Visual voicemail is quite nice and wish android had it. The clicking at top of page bringing you to top is also quite nice and i miss that too. Better missed call, voice mail and txt message notification on screen is also missed.

Android allows for much more customization. It's much less secretive and locked down. Want to unlock your phone so you can use sims overseas no problem, want to root no problem. Sure most the carriers put tons of crap that run and slow the performance out of the box. I picked up an unlocked phone and it runs much quicker then my iPhone 4 ever could. I can actually browse just about any site I want and not worry about flash. (it's amazing how nice that really is after having iPhones for last 2 years.)

That assistant feature is probably the coolest thing about the 4S. It's like having HAL-9000 in your pocket.(sans homicidal tendencies.)

Hate much, oh wait I forgot who said all of this. :lol

I don't know about blowing. They are different , that's it.

IOS does what it does great but stilll fairly simple. Its made to be one size fits all but it doesn't. It's locked down like fort Knox. Some of the things they have are quite nice. Visual voicemail is quite nice and wish android had it. The clicking at top of page bringing you to top is also quite nice and i miss that too. Better missed call, voice mail and txt message notification on screen is also missed.

Android allows for much more customization. It's much less secretive and locked down. Want to unlock your phone so you can use sims overseas no problem, want to root no problem. Sure most the carriers put tons of crap that run and slow the performance out of the box. I picked up an unlocked phone and it runs much quicker then my iPhone 4 ever could. I can actually browse just about any site I want and not worry about flash. (it's amazing how nice that really is after having iPhones for last 2 years.)

Yep flash is a big problem, they didn't fix it in this iteration of the iphone yet? Android is definitely more customisable and less locked down. I still like some design elements of the iphone better, but the Samsung Galaxy SII has a larger brilliant screen and I'm waiting for the Samsung Note to come out with the newer version of Android.

Really solid update. Everything changed but the case, but that's what everybody seems to be hung up on. I don't get it. :slap

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting out of Android hell, but it looks like I may be stuck with my DroidPOS for a few more months.

Really solid update. Everything changed but the case, but that's what everybody seems to be hung up on. I don't get it. :slap

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting out of Android hell, but it looks like I may be stuck with my DroidPOS for a few more months.

My condolences. :(

And people are still hung up on the Flash thing? Really?

It's 2011, not 2009. Hell, I now browse with my iPad more than I do my laptop or desktop and 95% of the time I enjoy the much faster, lag-free & crass-free experience and don't miss a thing. And the other 5% will continue to shrink. And that's just Safari. App Devs are making new, good browsers all the time.

I'm pretty excited about the 4S. I like the look of the iphone 4 so I'm glad they didn't change it, just made it faster. I've been using a Droid Eris for two years and I'm due for an upgade right now. Android has been nice but i'm ready for a change.

My condolences. :(

And people are still hung up on the Flash thing? Really?

It's 2011, not 2009. Hell, I now browse with my iPad more than I do my laptop or desktop and 95% of the time I enjoy the much faster, lag-free & crass-free experience and don't miss a thing. And the other 5% will continue to shrink. And that's just Safari. App Devs are making new, good browsers all the time.

Actually, flash is a pretty big deal. Barely used an ipad one time and had to switch to my phone because the website had flash.

Anyways--I've got an N64 emulator on Android and iOS doesn't have that, that's a win for me lol

Back