Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My condolences. :(

And people are still hung up on the Flash thing? Really?

It's 2011, not 2009. Hell, I now browse with my iPad more than I do my laptop or desktop and 95% of the time I enjoy the much faster, lag-free & crass-free experience and don't miss a thing. And the other 5% will continue to shrink. And that's just Safari. App Devs are making new, good browsers all the time.

I never lag or crash on my linux, win PC or laptop and no idea why you say the ipad is faster? I think it's all about how you use the system and know how to maintain it. I often encounter stuff that can't be played on my ipad at all up to this day, including many sites with video content. As for app devs making more stuff all the time, that's the same for the PC and android as well.

Hate much, oh wait I forgot who said all of this. :lol

I don't know about blowing. They are different , that's it.

IOS does what it does great but stilll fairly simple. Its made to be one size fits all but it doesn't. It's locked down like fort Knox. Some of the things they have are quite nice. Visual voicemail is quite nice and wish android had it. The clicking at top of page bringing you to top is also quite nice and i miss that too. Better missed call, voice mail and txt message notification on screen is also missed.

Android allows for much more customization. It's much less secretive and locked down. Want to unlock your phone so you can use sims overseas no problem, want to root no problem. Sure most the carriers put tons of crap that run and slow the performance out of the box. I picked up an unlocked phone and it runs much quicker then my iPhone 4 ever could. I can actually browse just about any site I want and not worry about flash. (it's amazing how nice that really is after having iPhones for last 2 years.)

How's the Thunderbolt? anyone have any experience with that? Looking to pick one up possibly if it is good.

How's the Thunderbolt? anyone have any experience with that? Looking to pick one up possibly if it is good.

I use a rooted Thunderbolt. I like it a lot. It's smoother and faster than any iPhone available but lags behind some other newer 4g droid phones. My complaints are the weight of the phone and the battery life.

My wife's Mom works for AT&T. I don't believe from what she said that there is a huge must have for this like the 4. So it looks like if people want them they can get them. Which is awesome! :rock I said I didn't want one. However, now having a little girl, 1080p may be a nice feature. I still have a problem with upgrading. Maybe for Christmas daddy will get a present? :dunno :monkey3

Well, I won't be getting the 4s. We can't upgrade until February and despite them allowing us to get around that when the 4 came out they won't this time. So with the chance the 5 comes out next year I think I will just hold off.

I ordered the 32GB today. :rock

Me too!!!! :rock

If I get the 4s then I'll sell my 4 for $215 and get the 16gig 4s for $199 and make about $8 after taxes.
https://www.nextworth.com/product/293815/

That's cool. It seems like more and more places are willing to take in old phones for trades. I actually sold my iPhone 4 32GB for $400 on craigslist (but I included a few cases and Applecare on mine, and mine was basically brand new). The market is getting FLOODED with iPhones now. Within ONE day, my posting got pushed back SIX pages on craiglist - and JUST only doing a search under "iPhone 4"....

I honestly couldn't hold out until my FULL upgrade date (Nov 25). I was happy to settle with a partial discount given that I sold my current iPhone. The Siri assistant and camera were enough reason to jump on board :banana

Sounds like the 4S is selling like hotcakes. AT&T alone sold over 200,000 units in the first 12 hours. And Sprint is already pre sold out of the 16gb model. And that's not even counting those (like me) who pre-ordered directly from Apple.

Sounds like the 4S is selling like hotcakes. AT&T alone sold over 200,000 units in the first 12 hours. And Sprint is already pre sold out of the 16gb model. And that's not even counting those (like me) who pre-ordered directly from Apple.

I'm actually not too surprised... Many people have been waiting to upgrade from their 3GS iPhones. This is quite a substantial upgrade from that phone. Now from the iPhone 4? Not so much... I just checked the Apple website, and it looks like they sold out as well since they're now quoting shipping to be 1-2 weeks (as opposed to Shipping Oct 14).

Well, I won't be getting the 4s. We can't upgrade until February and despite them allowing us to get around that when the 4 came out they won't this time. So with the chance the 5 comes out next year I think I will just hold off.

they aren't waiving the upgrade like they usually do if you have the previous version???

No, I went to the store. I already knew I wasn't eligible until Feb they waived it last time when the four came out. Not a big deal in the end really I'm cool with my 4 and if the 5 isn't coming out until 2013 I might get the 4S then.

Of course, the sheeple eat up everything.

I'll wait for the 5 to upgrade. It better have a larger screen!! :gah:

Back