Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone gotten their wireless syncing or iCloud to work? I haven't received a confirmation email for iCloud and I'm stumped on how to get my wireless syncing to work..... :dunno

Chris, I got the email and it gave me this link.

This should answer your questions.

www.apple.com/icloud/setup

Yeah, I already tried going to that section under the settings.... It's just that I never received the email to verify my account :dunno

All it says is to check my email, and I haven't received anything. I'm also waiting on a verification email for the "Find my Friends" app, which I haven't received.

Yeah, I already tried going to that section under the settings.... It's just that I never received the email to verify my account :dunno

All it says is to check my email, and I haven't received anything. I'm also waiting on a verification email for the "Find my Friends" app, which I haven't received.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Sorry about that.

I haven't even set up my iCloud yet, so no verification email either. :lol :slap

Resists temptation to comment on the irony of your situation. Must resist! :wink1:

Should add...hope you get that email soon. I've known quite a few people today that have had issues.

Last edited:
Man, they completely wrecked the music/iPod app functionality, specifically when it comes to podcasts. Still can't manage subscriptions, now they make it more difficult to access the podcast section, they removed the half-played/un-played indicator, removed the 30-second rewind and 2x speed buttons, and they removed the button that lets you easily access the podcast's page in iTunes from within the music app. The last one is the deal-breaker for me. As someone who regularly listens and downloads podcasts from the I-device exclusively, this is a major disappointment. It is just mind-boggling how badly they ____ed this up.

I'm only speaking of the new music app, not the rest of the iOS 5 updates.

Edit: apparently only the iPad music app was overhauled. Just checked and the iPhone music app still retains functionality from before iOS 5.

Good job, apple. :/

I just downloaded Downcast and it is now my main podcast app. Would've preferred to have music/podcast functionality in one app (like iOS 4 had)m but this will suffice.

Last edited:
Busy night! Downloaded and installed the recent update for iTunes, Lion, and finally updated my iPhone with iOS 5. Couldn't fit the iPad 2 in though. Will hit that up tonight.

Busy night! Downloaded and installed the recent update for iTunes, Lion, and finally updated my iPhone with iOS 5. Couldn't fit the iPad 2 in though. Will hit that up tonight.

:rock This is what I did last night minus the Lion upgrade. I paid for it, but haven't tried upgrading again. Maybe I should just embrace the change. :dunno

Have you guys figured out how to change the order of the apps on the notification screen? I know there's an edit button on the top right corner but once I tap that I'm not sure how to rearrange the apps into the order I want. For example I'd like weather on top followed by reminders, phone, email.

Have you guys figured out how to change the order of the apps on the notification screen? I know there's an edit button on the top right corner but once I tap that I'm not sure how to rearrange the apps into the order I want. For example I'd like weather on top followed by reminders, phone, email.

I can't really figure out the notifications yet either. :rotfl

Nevermind. You swipe! Hahaha!

When you hit the edit button, the categories bring up a little icon on the right that looks like three bars lined up horizontally. Hold and drag on that icon on the right, and drag it to the location order you want..... :duff

When you hit the edit button, the categories bring up a little icon on the right that looks like three bars lined up horizontally. Hold and drag on that icon on the right, and drag it to the location order you want..... :duff

Yeah..finally found out how on macrumors.com. I knew it was something obvious.

Thanks though. :)

Question:

When you upgrade from iPhone 4 to 4S through the Apple store, is your 4 then unusable? Or is the 4 usuable until you receive the 4S, turn it on, and sync it?

Also, the older iPhones can be repogrammed to a new user by taling it to the specific carrier, correct (or jail breaker)?

Thanks in advance.

I think your old phone will have service until you turn on the new phone. The old phone will still work on your local wifi, though.

yeah it's still functional minus the ability to make calls. I have my 3G that I use as an iPod when I go to the gym so I don't have to worry about dropping/banging up my 4.

Back