Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea where your blog is. Have a link?

I have a link in the link section of the board. I'll post one here too though take a look and let me know what you think.

The Pulse

Here's the video though in HD.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_hmrqyvGAVA&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_hmrqyvGAVA&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I have a link in the link section of the board. I'll post one here too though take a look and let me know what you think.

The Pulse

Here's the video though in HD.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_hmrqyvGAVA&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_hmrqyvGAVA&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Very nice! Just one suggestion though. Maybe shoot it in landscape and take advantage of the widescreen? Not sure if you tried that or not.

Very nice! Just one suggestion though. Maybe shoot it in landscape and take advantage of the widescreen? Not sure if you tried that or not.

Thanks! No I didn't try that but I will give it a shot. I had fun trying this out and look forward to the next one.

Thanks! No I didn't try that but I will give it a shot. I had fun trying this out and look forward to the next one.

Yeah it is a lot of fun! You can even do facetime in landscape. When I called the apple facetime number the guy pointed that out. Since you guys never answer your phones I call and bug random apple employees. :lol

So speaking of cameras is anyone else noticing a discoloration in their pictures when taking pics of white things such as a wall for example? I have a blueish greenish blob right in the middle. I have to say I love this phone but DAMN! I'm getting more then a little irritated over some of these issues.

Great video Josh! Sound quality is amazing!

Agree with BadMoon - your videos will look amazing when shot in landscape.

So, anyone have any insight on my question regarding the data plan?

So, anyone have any insight on my question regarding the data plan?

I found this online:

DataPlus
Provides 200 megabytes (MB) of data – for example, enough to send/receive 1,000 emails (no attachments), plus send/receive 150 emails with attachments, plus view 400 Web pages, plus post 50 photos on social media sites, plus watch 20 minutes of streaming video – for just $15 per month.** This plan, which can save customers up to 50 percent off their wireless data charges, is designed for people who primarily like to surf the web, send email and use social networking apps. If customers exceed 200 MB in a monthly billing cycle, they will receive an additional 200 MB of data usage for $15 for use in the cycle. Currently, 65 percent of AT&T smartphone customers use less than 200 MB of data per month on average.

DataPro
Provides 2 gigabytes (GB) of data – for example, enough to send/receive 10,000 emails (no attachments), plus send/receive 1,500 emails with attachments, plus view 4,000 Web pages, plus post 500 photos to social media sites, plus watch 200 minutes of streaming video – for $25 per month.** Should a customer exceed 2 GB during a billing cycle, they will receive an additional 1 GB of data for $10 for use in the cycle. Currently, 98 percent of AT&T smartphone customers use less than 2 GB of data a month on average.

Tethering
Smartphone customers – including iPhone customers – who choose the DataPro plan have the option to add tethering for an additional $20 per month. Tethering lets customers use their smartphones as a modem to provide a broadband connection for laptop computers, netbooks or other computing devices. Tethering for iPhones will be available when Apple releases iPhone OS 4 this summer.

Thanks Darth!

An extra $20/month for tethering... wow, that's a lot. I wonder with that if it is unlimited for your other devices, or you are still limited with the 200 MB or 2 GB before being charged extra.

Yeah it is a lot of fun! You can even do facetime in landscape. When I called the apple facetime number the guy pointed that out. Since you guys never answer your phones I call and bug random apple employees. :lol

i get my iphone 4 tomorrow, and i always answer when you call :hi5:

so we will get some ******.. er.. facetime goin :lol

Thanks Darth!

An extra $20/month for tethering... wow, that's a lot. I wonder with that if it is unlimited for your other devices, or you are still limited with the 200 MB or 2 GB before being charged extra.

You're limited at a 2 GB cap for all your devices combined. Essentially, you're paying $20 for the "privilege" of using the data you already paid for on more than one device.

That pricing model makes sense for unlimited data, but for capped data? Not so much.

ok, so i'm too lazy (and busy at work) to read through posts about data plans...

so my question is, since i've been with AT&T, and have the iphone data plan for $30 a month (unlimited) on my 3GS right now, when i get my iphone 4 tomorrow, will it still only be $30 since i've had the unlimited plan, or will i have to switch to a new data plan?

ok, so i'm too lazy (and busy at work) to read through posts about data plans...

so my question is, since i've been with AT&T, and have the iphone data plan for $30 a month (unlimited) on my 3GS right now, when i get my iphone 4 tomorrow, will it still only be $30 since i've had the unlimited plan, or will i have to switch to a new data plan?

Current customers only have to change plans if they add tethering.

You're limited at a 2 GB cap for all your devices combined. Essentially, you're paying $20 for the "privilege" of using the data you already paid for on more than one device.

That pricing model makes sense for unlimited data, but for capped data? Not so much.

I agree, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Dammit, the decision to get an iPhone or a Droid has got this much harder. Tethering is free on the Droid (from my understanding)

Back