Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ill! Yeah, I'll give landscape a chance next time around. Will use it for sure at the Con.

Thought I would post this here just so people can see the price difference and why square trade seems to be the best.

500x_warrantychart4_01.jpg

I insure my iPhone and my iPad for $30 each through State Farm. It has no deductible and it covers against accidents and theft.

Luis

Last edited:
I insur my iPhone nd my iPad for $30 each throuh State Farm. It hs no deductible and it cvers gainst accidens and theft.

Luis

How did you get no deductible? I called and they said min $100 deductible but that $100 deductible drops price 10% to $27. I am not sure they knew what they were talking about.

How did you get no deductible? I called and they said min $100 deductible but that $100 deductible drops price 10% to $27. I am not sure they knew what they were talking about.

You find a different story from different people. Personally I would never use State Farm to insure my door mat. :peace Hell they can even quote prices consistently. Imagine what it would be like if you needed to file a claim?

I just called them and they told me. I insured my original iPhone through them because I didn't want to carry a $700 phone with me without any insurance and AT&T didn't offer any.

Once the policy terminated I did not renew. Now that I have the iPhone 4 and it is prone to shattering I called them back. They told me the same price for the same terms. I asked about the iPad and even though it is almost double the price it is still the same premium.

All they require is the receipt and the actual item. Most likely they had no idea, were are you? Maybe it varies by state?

BTW, sorry for the first posting, I had a crappy keyboard and did not realize half of the letters were not being typed :mad:

Luis

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UAOtC9QfXac&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UAOtC9QfXac&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I just called them and they told me. I insured my original iPhone through them because I didn't want to carry a $700 phone with me without any insurance and AT&T didn't offer any.

Once the policy terminated I did not renew. Now that I have the iPhone 4 and it is prone to shattering I called them back. They told me the same price for the same terms. I asked about the iPad and even though it is almost double the price it is still the same premium.

All they require is the receipt and the actual item. Most likely they had no idea, were are you? Maybe it varies by state?

BTW, sorry for the first posting, I had a crappy keyboard and did not realize half of the letters were not being typed :mad:

Luis
She wansnt to sure, she said it $30 for the coverage but every $100 deductible drops premium 10% so it would $27 with $100 deductible) she had to use calculator to figure that out though:rotfl) So I said for $30 is zero deductible, she said no min deductible is $100, then I was like ok let me think about it. I was confused at that point.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UAOtC9QfXac&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UAOtC9QfXac&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"I get a free Nascar app.":rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Don't know. He's been quite. Maybe he really is Tony Stark

I am.

tony-stark-iron-man.jpg

Had other things to do but I got through line around 9 AM and have been tweaking it and setting it up ever since. Its named "Jarvis 2.0". Setting up my wife's was a pain since she didn't back up hers in forever and continued to do stuff post back up so I had to reback up etc. Haven't had one reception problem making calls or anything so hopefully it sticks. Have been looking into bumpers etc, trying to get the connection set up for the iPhone/iPad combo where your iPhone is the iPad's camera and you can use it like a webcam but again I've had things to do with Tony Jr.

:lol :lol :lol

Its gonna take a lot more than a raping in----I mean waiting in line for the iPhone to stop me.

Dear iPhone 4 Users,

The iPhone 4 has been the most successful product launch in Apple’s history. It has been judged by reviewers around the world to be the best smartphone ever, and users have told us that they love it. So we were surprised when we read reports of reception problems, and we immediately began investigating them. Here is what we have learned.

To start with, gripping almost any mobile phone in certain ways will reduce its reception by 1 or more bars. This is true of iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, as well as many Droid, Nokia and RIM phones. But some users have reported that iPhone 4 can drop 4 or 5 bars when tightly held in a way which covers the black strip in the lower left corner of the metal band. This is a far bigger drop than normal, and as a result some have accused the iPhone 4 of having a faulty antenna design.

At the same time, we continue to read articles and receive hundreds of emails from users saying that iPhone 4 reception is better than the iPhone 3GS. They are delighted. This matches our own experience and testing. What can explain all of this?

We have discovered the cause of this dramatic drop in bars, and it is both simple and surprising.

Upon investigation, we were stunned to find that the formula we use to calculate how many bars of signal strength to display is totally wrong. Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength. For example, we sometimes display 4 bars when we should be displaying as few as 2 bars. Users observing a drop of several bars when they grip their iPhone in a certain way are most likely in an area with very weak signal strength, but they don’t know it because we are erroneously displaying 4 or 5 bars. Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place.

To fix this, we are adopting AT&T’s recently recommended formula for calculating how many bars to display for a given signal strength. The real signal strength remains the same, but the iPhone’s bars will report it far more accurately, providing users a much better indication of the reception they will get in a given area. We are also making bars 1, 2 and 3 a bit taller so they will be easier to see.

We will issue a free software update within a few weeks that incorporates the corrected formula. Since this mistake has been present since the original iPhone, this software update will also be available for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G.

We have gone back to our labs and retested everything, and the results are the same— the iPhone 4’s wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped. For the vast majority of users who have not been troubled by this issue, this software update will only make your bars more accurate. For those who have had concerns, we apologize for any anxiety we may have caused.

As a reminder, if you are not fully satisfied, you can return your undamaged iPhone to any Apple Retail Store or the online Apple Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

We hope you love the iPhone 4 as much as we do.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Apple

Translation: We're not going to fix it, but we'll change the way we display signal strength to the user so you think a software update magically corrected a fatal hardware error.

Okay, not really, but it sounds funny. :lol Here's a detailed explanation of what's really going on with reporting signal strength as bars: https://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2

Translation: We're not going to fix it, but we'll change the way we display signal strength to the user so you think a software update magically corrected a fatal hardware error.

Okay, not really, but it sounds funny. :lol Here's a detailed explanation of what's really going on with reporting signal strength as bars: https://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2

Exactly, well Kabuki, I'm back to thinking about the Droid again. I NEVER had a single dropped call through Verizon. Not a one. Ive had several on this phone in about a week. It beeps and then gone. LOL!

Heh, I'm right there with you. Reviews of the Droid X are coming out, and it's not as great as I hoped it would be.

I can't really go without a phone much longer, but I can't figure out what I want. I know I want Verizon as a network, and I know I want either the iPhone 4 or the HTC Evo as a phone.

Kind of a problem, no? :gah::lol

Heh, I'm right there with you. Reviews of the Droid X are coming out, and it's not as great as I hoped it would be.

I can't really go without a phone much longer, but I can't figure out what I want. I know I want Verizon as a network, and I know I want either the iPhone 4 or the HTC Evo as a phone.

Kind of a problem, no? :gah::lol

Everything I have read about the Droid Incredible and from people that have used them has been good. I wish my moms would get to her already so I can "show her" how to use it. IE test the ____er out! :lol Although the Droid X is pretty much the same as the Evo with a better battery. :dunno

Although the Droid X is pretty much the same as the Evo with a better battery. :dunno

I think the Evo looks better than the Droid X and would probably hold in the hand better. Also, the Evo has a front facing camera and 4G.

I should append my shopping list. I want:

Verizon's coverage
Sprint's 4G
And an Evo or iPhone (the one with 4G that exists only my mind :lol )

I don't think I'm asking for too much here. :rotfl

Back