Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*plays come in Tokyo with Josh's girl tities*

Calling in Tokyo, do you copy?

hehe

Anyway, back on topic, I am sticking with my iPhone I just got two months ago. I don't get people who have to own the newest and best thing, and put themselves out hundreds of dollars to make it happen. Outside of you, nobody cares add Red's lasting words from that 70's Show* I am going to ride my 3 year contract out and then decide from there if I move to the latest and best iPhone at that time or try a competitor.

hehe

Anyway, back on topic, I am sticking with my iPhone I just got two months ago. I don't get people who have to own the newest and best thing, and put themselves out hundreds of dollars to make it happen. Outside of you, nobody cares add Red's lasting words from that 70's Show* I am going to ride my 3 year contract out and then decide from there if I move to the latest and best iPhone at that time or try a competitor.
"come in Tokyo"?????

Stupid kids don't even know the right names.:cuckoo:

hehe

I don't think most people get their phones just for bragging rights - aside from the die-hard Apple loyalists who must absolutely get a new iPhone each year. It really depends on what you need your phone to do, and how you intend to use. For me, the faster and more capable the phone, the better. I'm in a career where I need a phone that can handle massive amounts of media consumption, multitasking, and high speed downloads from a fast network (especially when it comes to uploading and downloading files from email and drop box). My LG G2x has done it's job well for the most part. The battery however, never lasted very long, so I bought an iPad to pick up the slack. But, I am due for an upgrade soon, and the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3 are on my shortlist.

In any case, I don't know if it's right to refer to these as phones - or even smartphones. They're more like mini-computers that fit in the palm of your hand :lol.

I don't think most people get their phones just for bragging rights - aside from the die-hard Apple loyalists who must absolutely get a new iPhone each year. It really depends on what you need your phone to do, and how you intend to use. For me, the faster and more capable the phone, the better. I'm in a career where I need a phone that can handle massive amounts of media consumption, multitasking, and high speed downloads from a fast network (especially when it comes to uploading and downloading files from email and drop box). My LG G2x has done it's job well for the most part. The battery however, never lasted very long, so I bought an iPad to pick up the slack.

In any case, I don't know if it's right to refer to these as phones - or even smartphones. They're more like mini-computers that fit in the palm of your hand :lol.

You are right! They are mini computers now. An iPhone 4S is probably more powerful than a Mac Book Pro from 2008. lol

You are right! They are mini computers now. An iPhone 4S is probably more powerful than a Mac Book Pro from 2008. lol

Yeah, it's really amazing how fast technology is improving. But, I'm with you - upgrading every year is just too costly. If there's a really improved smartphone coming out that suits your needs, then fine. But, the iPhone 5 doesn't really seem like a significant improvement than the 4s. So, you're good with your "old" iPhone lol.

Yeah, it's really amazing how fast technology is improving. But, I'm with you - upgrading every year is just too costly. If there's a really improved smartphone coming out that suits your needs, then fine. But, the iPhone 5 doesn't really seem like a significant improvement than the 4s. So, you're good with your "old" iPhone lol.

Yeah, my "old" iPhone. lol

I upgrade once every 2 years as my contract expires, and I pick whatever phone I like best. I used to be with symbian, now I'm on android. I might consider the iPhone, but, since I like to root, flash, jury-rig and do all kinds of silly things with a phone, I find it too constrained a platform. For a user more interested in a streamlined use than tweaking the ROM, its perfect.

But now I'm eying the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD with a 3300 battery that is supposed to last for 36 hrs of use, including 8 hours of video.

Yep, that's what I'd like :D

I thought they tended to all start around midnight to one? I'll try to order mine before work tomorrow morning.

Plus it sounds like many people aren't eligible for upgrade so they will have to REALLY want one this time.

Not at that time. Keep in mind that last year you could pretty much walk into AT&T or Verizon and just grab one.

Yeah, the guy at one of my local at&t store told us they'd have more than enough if we really wanted one since we couldn't upgrade.

Back