Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we may have been wrong. Apparently the pre-orders went on back order after an hour. Last year it took 22 hours. So maybe the majority of customers are on this cycle? :dunno

Got my dates wrong...we can't upgrade til October 8th (really Feb 9th but they are letting us upgrade 4 months early). So I guess we'll order them when we get back from vacation on the 13th. No sense ordering them the 8th and having them sit on the front porch all alone.

:impatient:

Ordered at 6 am when I got up. Didnt pay attention to what the apple site said to be honest.

Edit: Says its available to ship in two weeks. So I guess it was back ordered when I got my order in this morning. I'd guess I will still have it next week though.

Got my dates wrong...we can't upgrade til October 8th (really Feb 9th but they are letting us upgrade 4 months early). So I guess we'll order them when we get back from vacation on the 13th. No sense ordering them the 8th and having them sit on the front porch all alone.

:impatient:

You can ship them to me. I'll keep an eye on them for you. :naughty

I went to my Verizon store and they weren't back ordered for whatever reason. I took the plunge and I'm going to give it a try. Got a black for me and a white for the wife. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a bit of regret after playing with the S3 in store :lol

64gb Black ordered. :yess:

I ordered them at about 3:30 AM ET and it's still 2 weeks. :huh Oh well, no biggie. Either they made much fewer of these, or this is selling a lot faster than the 4S (which broke previous records).

Why's the pre-order such a big thing? I mean, people were queuing up for the first, second and third iPhone in front of stores, camping for days to be first in line, but one would think this craze had subsided a bit, no?

I mean, do they ever run out of iPhones? At worst you have to wait another week or so, no?

In our area, if you want something more than the entry level model and you're not there day 1, you might as well wait until the next cycle.
Wait times turn to months and not weeks.

Serious question, not trying to be snarky or anything:

Those of you that have or have ordered the 64GB version, do you really need that much memory?

I was going to order the 64GB, but I really don't think I need that much memory.

From a price point, I understand that for only $200 more, you can four times the memory of the 16GB, and it's a better value, but having recently bought a house that I'm still furnishing, I can justify an extra $200 on an iPhone.

I can understand the need extra memory; my GF has the 16GB 4 and there is barely any memory left, but that's because her iPhone is full of videos and pictures she took that she hasn't got around to transferring to other storage media. We have the original iPad and the "New iPad" (iPad 3); both are the 64 GB versions and both have are at the most "half full".

I ordered the 32 GB version, which I think is more than enough, but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and make the leap to 64GB.

Why's the pre-order such a big thing? I mean, people were queuing up for the first, second and third iPhone in front of stores, camping for days to be first in line, but one would think this craze had subsided a bit, no?

I mean, do they ever run out of iPhones? At worst you have to wait another week or so, no?

What, I'm supposed to go facilitate project meetings in the conference rooms with an old 4S when someone there might have a brand new iPhone 5? Not happening!

:)lol)

Those of you that have or have ordered the 64GB version, do you really need that much memory?

I was going to order the 64GB, but I really don't think I need that much memory.

From a price point, I understand that for only $200 more, you can four times the memory of the 16GB, and it's a better value, but having recently bought a house that I'm still furnishing, I can justify an extra $200 on an iPhone.

I can understand the need extra memory; my GF has the 16GB 4 and there is barely any memory left, but that's because her iPhone is full of videos and pictures she took that she hasn't got around to transferring to other storage media. We have the original iPad and the "New iPad" (iPad 3); both are the 64 GB versions and both have are at the most "half full".

I ordered the 32 GB version, which I think is more than enough, but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and make the leap to 64GB.

It depends on what you'll use the memory for, of course. I actually take lots of pics and video with my iPhone (nothing better in a pinch) and with the HD camera that takes up memory FAST. I've had a 64gb 4S for a little less than a year and I just had to delete a bunch of stuff to get over 10gb free. I also like to keep my pics and videos on my phone (instead of deleting them after backing them up to PC) because I always find myself in situations where I want to show someone something. I've had an iPhone for 5 years and pretty much every photo and video I've taken with one is right there on my phone. Then of course you have Apps, music, etc. No way I could have anything under a 64gb now.

The only reason you'd ever need that much memory is if you never manage your stuff. I've never needed more than 16gb on anything Apple.

What, I'm supposed to go facilitate project meetings in the conference rooms with an old 4S when someone there might have a brand new iPhone 5? Not happening!

:)lol)

ooooh... you mean this:

230672-american_psycho_8.jpg

Yah, I'd rather you don't go after a chainsaw! ;)

I'm getting the 64gb because I keep lots of pictures, use it for video, several apps, and songs on my phone. It's all organized and such but this allows me to keep more on it without getting rid of things as soon. I have a 32 GB 4 right now with 10 gb left. That's about the buffer I like to keep free for whatever I need it for. The 64 gb will allow me to keep more songs on it and even a couple of movies as well. That with my iPad and I'm set when I'm on the go.

Thta's crazy! 6,000+ photos?! Wow.

Yeah. That's about 5 years (including 4 SDCCs) worth. Like I said, I don't like to delete the photos I'm keeping from my phone. :lol And trust me, I don't even keep every photo I snap. I've probably deleted another 2,000 pics. For example, I hate using the damn flash, which is sometimes a necessity, and always forget when it's on. :slap

Back