Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone else has done this, but the larger GB phones are nice for carrying blu ray digital movies (converted by handbrake using the normal or high profile setting) and showing on a big screen tv away from home.

Well, I guess the 64 GB is necessary if you use it as your all-encompassing gadget. Like both Josh and Irish Jedi, I have over 1,000 songs but I keep those mainly on my PC and still use an iPod.

I think I'll stick with a 32 GB.

Not sure if anyone else has done this, but the larger GB phones are nice for carrying blu ray digital movies (converted by handbrake using the normal or high profile setting) and showing on a big screen tv away from home.

Indeed, I have done this a couple of times as well. My gf lives in Florida so it's always easier to throw a few digital movies on the iPhone when I go down to visit. They actually look/sound great on her 55" TV.

You need two pieces of software - handbrake and a program that removes "restrictions" from movie discs.

The output is compatible with anything apple. Just drag and drop into your iTunes account.

Indeed, I have done this a couple of times as well. My gf lives in Florida so it's always easier to throw a few digital movies on the iPhone when I go down to visit. They actually look/sound great on her 55" TV.

Exactly!
I've used it on my pj throwing 92" and it looks great!

You need two pieces of software - handbrake and a program that removes "restrictions" from movie discs.

The output is compatible with anything apple. Just drag and drop into your iTunes account.

Thanks, I'll look into this.

Out of curiosity is there a reason why ordering at an actual Verizon store gets you one on launch day vs. ordering online, despite them using what appeared to be the same exact online web page and despite the phones shipping straight to my house? Are stores allotted a certain number and using a different website from home ordering through Verizon?

Out of curiosity is there a reason why ordering at an actual Verizon store gets you one on launch day vs. ordering online, despite them using what appeared to be the same exact online web page and despite the phones shipping straight to my house? Are stores allotted a certain number and using a different website from home ordering through Verizon?

yes....Stores get so many to sell...if you order online it comes straight from Verizon/ATT.....so if you have several ATT stores in your area each store will get a certain amount...same as best buy...

yes....Stores get so many to sell...if you order online it comes straight from Verizon/ATT.....so if you have several ATT stores in your area each store will get a certain amount...same as best buy...

Cool. The only reason I went in to one is because Badmoon said they were backordered online. I checked and sure enough it was saying the 26th at the time. When I went into the store my friend that works there took me to a computer and had me sign onto my account. Everything looked exactly the same as what I was seeing at home except it said the 21st. I didn't know it shipped to my house though. I thought I had to go in and pick it up which is why I was a bit confused as to why they make you order it in store.

So those of you that say the iPhone can be easily had in a store on launch day, where are you located?

In the metropolitan DC area, you'll only get a store bought iPhone if you camped out days before.

Back