EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Bashir today, and the tricorder does have a spot on the back to store the hand scanner (same thing that was done with the EMH tricorder).

tricorder.jpg

Does the outfit seem really baggy on Bashir to anyone else? Normally tailoring is a strong suit for EXO but this one seems a bit off.

If the Tricorder looks like this (TR-590 medical variant [virtually identical to the standard TR-590, aside from the hand scanner that docks in the back], introduced in First Contact and appeared on DS9 in "Way of the Warrior" through the end of the series), then it's good:
ZYDVEWY.jpg

If it looks like this (TR-580 standard tricorder, TNG season 5-7 and DS9 season 1-3), then it's wrong:
WKI6kFw.jpg

[This might be the nerdiest thing I've posted in almost 30 years online]

Last edited:
If the Tricorder looks like this (TR-590 medical variant [virtually identical to the standard TR-590, aside from the hand scanner that docks in the back], introduced in First Contact and appeared on DS9 in "Way of the Warrior" through the end of the series), then it's good:
ZYDVEWY.jpg

If it looks like this (TR-580 standard tricorder, TNG season 5-7 and DS9 season 1-3), then it's wrong:
WKI6kFw.jpg

Yup they're using the FC version.

Here's a few shots of mine. You can kinda hide the bagginess by turning the upper body a bit, but if he's facing straight on it's going to be impossible to miss.

I will say the paint job is a whole lot more impressive in the detolf than it first appeared in my car. They've really come a long way since Janeway.

20240830_182932x.jpg

20240830_183012x.jpg

20240830_182714x.jpg

20240830_182727x.jpg

He looks fine but just kind of mid tier. If the figure would have been priced at $175 like the EMH I’d be more apt to get it. I understand costs have gone up though.

While I can understand the complaints about his relatively neutral expression, I personally think this is a very good likeness and I'm glad to have it. I have quibbles with some of the Niners released so far, but overall I'm very very glad that there hasn't been any of the...mediocrity (to be kind) that has plagued much of the Voyager crew.

That said, I might try to find some non-destructive way to cinch the waist in just a little. ;)
And I do wish the uniform was a little more open at the front. Bashir tended to usually have his uniform zipped well below the grey portion.

ZYDVEWY.jpg

WKI6kFw.jpg

Impressive. I was unaware of this change from FC onward.
It isn't often someone surprises me with Star Trek trivia.

I can't believe I somehow forgot that "Way of the Warrior" preceded First Contact (I also can't believe nobody here noticed).

Anyway, according to Memory Alpha, Johnny Utah, we're both wrong:
TR-590 Tricorder X Introduced along with the Mark X standard tricorder, a medical tricorder variant was in use aboard Federation starships as early as 2372. The Mark X medical tricorder was first seen in DS9: "The Way of the Warrior" and VOY: "Tattoo" and used for the remainder of both series' runs. It was also seen during Star Trek: First Contact and Star Trek: Insurrection.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. It was first introduced in Voyager season 2 and DS9 season 4. Initiations and Tattoo are both season 2 episodes.

It wasn't introduced in the episode you mentioned nor in First Contact. Neither of us were correct. It's okay to admit that. But go ahead and move that goalpost instead. Whatever. It doesn't matter.

Also Voyager sucks.

I haven't braved altering the uniform yet, but just pinching it tighter at the back with my fingers instantly makes the fit seem closer to my mental image of Bashir. So I think I will give it a try soon. And see if I can't get his uniform to be more open at the top too. Fingers crossed. :)

RIP James Darren who played Vic Fontaine 🙏 😢 💔
View attachment 723675

I have many happy memories as a wee lad of him in reruns of "The Time Tunnel", along with (of course) many, many years later in DS9.

Always came over as a very nice guy.

Thanks for letting us know.

Back