EXO-6 Star Trek “Enterprise” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That mouth, though. The whole lower part of the face. T'Pol had luscious lips, but this is exaggerated to a slightly cartoonish degree. The eyes are very big too, but I'll let that go. Sometimes a figure looks right, but has a stylized quality, as if it's an animated/anime version of the character. I suppose I'll still buy it.
I think the sculpt on T’Pol is a bit odd too. Looks more like the team who handled the VOY figures in my opinion.

I may have had too high of an expectation for this release given that she was held back for further refinement.

The tailoring and pattern work on the uniform looks great, but the exaggerated features detracts from the quality of the appearance.

EXO-6 has yet to excel on any female figure quite honestly. When this journey is all said and done, their legacy will include a sizeable level of inconsistency across lines. I look at SNW Spock and T’Pol and they look like they’re from different companies.

A decent release but they have done better.

EXO-6 has yet to excel on any female figure quite honestly.

There's definitely a degree of realism they're reaching on the men that none of the ladies have matched so far, but I think they're improving. I don't have any complaints about Ro or Saavik, and T'Pol is looking less "off" to me than Bashir and Picard do in their PO photos. I'd much rather her eyes be a smidge too big than the opposite, which cost them a sale from me on Kira. (Can't wait to see how much that eats at me after I get the rest of the DS9 regulars, but it is what it is :p)

Overall I agree they've done better, but if there's one thing they are pretty consistent with, it's significant improvement over the prototype when they go into production. There are a lot of companies where the opposite is to be expected.

So I guess you could say I have faith of the heart that she'll turn out much better than what we're seeing now...
Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 6.24.34 PM.png

There's definitely a degree of realism they're reaching on the men that none of the ladies have matched so far, but I think they're improving. I don't have any complaints about Ro or Saavik, and T'Pol is looking less "off" to me than Bashir and Picard do in their PO photos. I'd much rather her eyes be a smidge too big than the opposite, which cost them a sale from me on Kira. (Can't wait to see how much that eats at me after I get the rest of the DS9 regulars, but it is what it is :p)

Overall I agree they've done better, but if there's one thing they are pretty consistent with, it's significant improvement over the prototype when they go into production. There are a lot of companies where the opposite is to be expected.

So I guess you could say I have faith of the heart that she'll turn out much better than what we're seeing now...
View attachment 710201

I forgot about Saavik! That figure is a standout for sure from what we’ve seen. It’s just too bad that not all these characters are given the same level of artistic skill set as others. Enterprise ranks right up there with TNG for me.

The whole Picard thing has been nothing short of confusing, I’m just aligning my expectations with what’s on the website.

And you’re 100% correct, this is leaps and bounds better than VOY.

THIS RIGHT HERE!!

It's something I always have to say on here and elsewhere whenever the pre order pics drop. Everyone acts like this is the product we are getting even when they know that things always change from the pre order pics to release.

The same will be true with T'Pol. What we eventually get will be better than what we see today.

View attachment 710201
Yeah while perhaps lacking in realism, I think this sculpt does a far better job capturing the essence of the character and her personality than the Kira sculpt did. Which is probably why I'm going a lot easier on it.

Plus Blaylock did have some fairly (ahem) enhanced features on her, which I'm sure makes it a bit harder to give her a realistic look.

capturing the essence of the character and her personality
Yes, exactly. Thank you for articulating that.

Plus Blaylock did have some fairly (ahem) enhanced features on her, which I'm sure makes it a bit harder to give her a realistic look.
Yeah, when you're dealing with that sort of thing, the line between realism and caricature is gonna be a tightrope for sure. But I'm thinking worst-case scenario; the essence and personality get a wee range boost from the display shelf lol. Add that to the colour combo of her, Archer and Shran together, and she's gonna look sharp as the business end of a Vulcan Lirpa.

Back