Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Is it just me, or has this thread been quieter this year than last? Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun and it certainly has bursts of activity, but it just seems slower to me.

I think you're right. That, and lots of people seem to really be busy with work/life. Adulting sucks sometimes.

exactly, works been crazy on my end which explains why I'm not in here as much as I want to be, not enough time in the day.

I think the thread will pick up more as spooktacular begins. Though some of the golden age members have left, there's still a good core that check in a little. We also have a few newer members this year.

Activity has been fun today though.

Today has been fun! And you're right, it will undoubtedly pick up next week. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and very bad typing skilks, so please excuse anyp misspellinfs!

I think the thread will pick up more as spooktacular begins. Though some of the golden age members have left, there's still a good core that check in a little. We also have a few newer members this year.

Activity has been fun today though.
I tend to agree with you. However, I fear that some people have just given up on Spooktacular, after being disappointed the last few years...
I'll go out on a limb, and say this will be the best Spook in a while...
We need to get the chat room rockin'!

It was like this last year. It will get busier as Halloween approaches. Hopefully you guys won't blow through your contests before spook even begins. :)

Ah, I would have tried your contest Zach but this Friday has been very busy. Sorry bud.
I'll try to play your next contest if you're going to put up Wolverine.

Congrats mrdbios! Tough competition. LOL!

That coupon is supposed to require only a $50 minimum, but I couldn't get it to work with 2 books even though the total was $64... Had to add a 3rd book to get it to work...

Is it just me, or has this thread been quieter this year than last? Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun and it certainly has bursts of activity, but it just seems slower to me.
It was quieter last year than the year before and it's quieter now. Just the way it goes I guess

:fireworks:fireworks:mexwave:fireworks:fireworks

View attachment 299640

Prizes:

For this contest I will select 2 or 3 prizes for the winner(s) to choose from. Once I get them together I will post what they are. Entries will be accepted until Monday at 3pm EST.

To enter:

Take a photo of your current toothbrush along with the contest avatar posted above (so I know it's not a photo from Google etc.)
Then post the photo in this thread

You can hold the toothbrush in front of this post if you want or print out the image and put it next to the toothbrush, doesn't matter.
This may be a random spin win or may be something else that will determine the winner... :)
ba66cbc202c7133aa4f9c008172c4239.jpg

My quick entry. Thanks for hosting. :D

I almost held a printout of Mort up to my crotch, and was going to use the toothbrush as uh... well, yea. I don't think I need to explain further. I was debating wearing a Deadpool suit while doing it or not. You're all lucky I was too sick to do that tonight, so I did the copout picture instead. :D

This years spooktacular goal is for me to *not* show Deadpool bulge to anyone... in person. Online is fair game.

It was like this last year. It will get busier as Halloween approaches. Hopefully you guys won't blow through your contests before spook even begins. :)
I don't think you have to worry about that! It's funny to get an early start, so that you can receive some of your prizes during Spook and show them off. I wish I had done more of my contests already, such as my horror BD's, so that people can watch them before Halloween. I just need to find them this weekend! :lol
There should still be plenty of time, as long as I ship them by Wednesday. :)

Back