Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

...second or third year here... and I've yet to care about a list. Either I catch them as they get posted, find them, or miss them. *shrugs*

In a way i agree, it's more fun hanging around the forum for Spooktacular and this thread is a huge part of that and I understand all the newbies and lurkers coming out just for the free codes, it's almost free money so who wouldn't want that. I don't like the elitism around that but I understand that too

Anyway I think the email list is handy for those who have work or want to be hear to look for codes but just can't, if you have time it can be fun here but we don't all have that

Oh I get it. While I love searching for things I do end up missing some. And it is a LOT harder now with increased work and family obligations. I'm contemplating requesting being added to Pixels list, but am afraid that some of the thrill will vanish if I just have codes emailed to me.

It's kinda the same as how my collecting habits have changed. In some ways I miss the thrill of the hunt of driving to several stores looking for specific items. Now that I order figures like Hot Toys and Sideshow figures from online I kind of miss the store hopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I get it. While I love searching for things I do end up missing some. And it is a LOT harder now with increased work and family obligations. I'm contemplating requesting being added to Pixels list, but am afraid that some of the thrill will vanish if I just have codes emailed to me.

It's kinda the same as how my collecting habits have changed. In some ways I miss the thrill of the hunt of driving to several stores looking for specific items. Now that I order figures like Hot Toys and Sideshow figures from online I kind of miss the store hopping.
Oh totally, it's difficult to keep up the same habits as your life changes and gets busy, you could be added but also go hunting when you can or have time...

It really isn't as fun, especially since not all stores sell high end collectibles, and online exclusives etc, and once you go high end its harder to still be into low end stuff they sell in stores. Being in Ireland I never had the opportunity to go hunting for the stuff I collect since a lot of it is imported, so if you can do that enjoy it :lol I've always wanted to take part in a Funko POP Ex hunt

Callmethedoctor and I planned on watching American Werewolf in London while hanging out in chat at some point during spooktacular. I miss chat as well. Would love to get others involved. Even though spook is on decline, freaktacular is stable. It's actually just really refreshing to be around you all and all of the gift giving, comradere, etc. In my Native American heritage, before trades ever happened, participating tribes would go through a rigorous round of gift giving and games as a way to celebrate each other. This appears to be a parallel tradition we have and I so much appreciate and enjoy it. You all are awesome.

But I also agree that spooktacular has dwindled tremendously over the years as it has grown. I hope they do more 30% off sales this year as well. I bought a lot from them that year lol.

Let me know, I have the Blu Ray

lurker.gif

NLMw98F.gif

Lol this has been me this year. Dirty lurker.

I definitely enjoy Freaktacular more than Spooktacular now. Every one in here makes it an enjoyable experience each year. The social media whining has completely turned me off Sideshow's Spook.
Absolutely! With Spook, it's completely in the hands of Sideshow. They really can make it special again if they want to. The fact that it's been going downhill is because of their own doing.

On the other hand, Freaktacular is in our hands. It's been amazingly fun because of all the cool Freaks in here participating, being very generous, and keeping it enjoyable.

Let's keep this party going! :rock

Callmethedoctor and I planned on watching American Werewolf in London while hanging out in chat at some point during spooktacular. I miss chat as well. Would love to get others involved. Even though spook is on decline, freaktacular is stable. It's actually just really refreshing to be around you all and all of the gift giving, comradere, etc. In my Native American heritage, before trades ever happened, participating tribes would go through a rigorous round of gift giving and games as a way to celebrate each other. This appears to be a parallel tradition we have and I so much appreciate and enjoy it. You all are awesome.

But I also agree that spooktacular has dwindled tremendously over the years as it has grown. I hope they do more 30% off sales this year as well. I bought a lot from them that year lol.
Depending on when you do it, can I join you guys? I haven't seen that movie in ages! Sounds like fun!

I remember them packing free Angela, Tonyo, and Jor-El figures with orders (I never got any of them) but didn't know they had just sent some out for free by themselves. :lol I did get a Speed Racer figure for free with an order a looong time ago.
I never got a free figure pack-in. I'd get calendars, keychains, and a cleaning kit once, and a cosbaby once, but never a figure. :(

I definitely enjoy Freaktacular more than Spooktacular now. Every one in here makes it an enjoyable experience each year. The social media whining has completely turned me off Sideshow's Spook.
I thought you said Fantacular at first. I think they totally stopped celebrating that. Never heard about it this year...

I got my Alien prize from you today. Thanks a bunch!!! :hi5:

Regarding Hastings clearance, an online friend of mine said the following, which made me SUPER jealous!!!

Their final "deal" for closing the store (at least at mine):

They handed us one of those flexible kitchen trash bags, and told us that whatever we could fill/fit into it would be $30. I managed to stuff in almost 100 different movies/box sets from what was left -- even a couple of Dr. Who lanyards for keys for around the house, and a Spongebob BD Steelbook.

Most people couldn't wait to grab the crap Hastings sold, though: action figures and the like. Hell, they still had some of those Funko Pops left. Tons of horror movies on dvd left, too. Brooks would have been going bat-**** loco.

Holy ****! My Hastings didn't do anything like that. I could have crammed a ton of stuff I wanted into one of those bags.

Kenbenobi said:
Regarding Hastings clearance, an online friend of mine said the following, which made me SUPER jealous!!!

Their final "deal" for closing the store (at least at mine):

They handed us one of those flexible kitchen trash bags, and told us that whatever we could fill/fit into it would be $30. I managed to stuff in almost 100 different movies/box sets from what was left -- even a couple of Dr. Who lanyards for keys for around the house, and a Spongebob BD Steelbook.

Most people couldn't wait to grab the crap Hastings sold, though: action figures and the like. Hell, they still had some of those Funko Pops left. Tons of horror movies on dvd left, too. Brooks would have been going bat-**** loco.
That's crazy! I'm sure there's a few gems left over too!

Movies aside, if there were any figures left imagine how much you could get into a tote.

:fireworks:fireworks:mexwave:fireworks:fireworks

View attachment 299640

Prizes:

For this contest I will select 2 or 3 prizes for the winner(s) to choose from. Once I get them together I will post what they are. Entries will be accepted until Monday at 3pm EST.

To enter:

Take a photo of your current toothbrush along with the contest avatar posted above (so I know it's not a photo from Google etc.)
Then post the photo in this thread

You can hold the toothbrush in front of this post if you want or print out the image and put it next to the toothbrush, doesn't matter.
This may be a random spin win or may be something else that will determine the winner... :)

acz70g.jpg

Freaktacular 2016

Well it's worked for my Saints the past two weeks, so I'll go with the same plan again this week.

If the Saints win tomorrow, I'll start another contest. I haven't decided what hoops I'm going to have you :FREAK:s jump through, but I teased the prize several pages back. I guess I can do a full reveal for the prize. You will be playing for:

572bfdbba43e4bee0afde48c2925977b.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/sideshow-collectibles-inside-the-sideshow-studio-a-modern-renaissance-environment-sideshow-collectibles-500238/

Fresh from SSC, never read, and ready to ship out to the winner.

So, tomorrow, after the Saints victory, be here!

Attachments

• 500238-inside-the-sideshow-studio-a-modern-renaissance-environment-001.jpg
    500238-inside-the-sideshow-studio-a-modern-renaissance-environment-001.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Wow, awesome prize Mrd!! What time's the game at? Thinking of a time sensitive contest and all?

Sorry I haven't been more active....those who've been around the last couple of years may remember how my work life was killing me...this year is being no different. I'm trying to keep up, but I'm sometimes going a day or two before I can sit and read, and of course then I have to go through 10 or 20 or 30 pages of posts.

I'm missing contests right and left, but for the most part the prizes are not things I'd want, so I probably would have sat them out anyway so those who do want them have better shots at it.

I was really hoping to have a return to the Mort patches this year, but sadly my wife has been pretty busy too and hasn't had time to produce the prototype so we can see how it looks.

Wow, awesome prize Mrd!! What time's the game at? Thinking of a time sensitive contest and all?

The Saints game tomorrow is at 12:00 central. So it'll be over sometime around 3:00/3:30. I'd start it sometime around then. It won't be time sensitive in lasting only a short time. At least until Monday night. I want to think of something that'll get people posting! Plus it want it to be worth the prize.

Back