Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

I tend to agree with you. However, I fear that some people have just given up on Spooktacular, after being disappointed the last few years...
I'll go out on a limb, and say this will be the best Spook in a while...
We need to get the chat room rockin'!

Callmethedoctor and I planned on watching American Werewolf in London while hanging out in chat at some point during spooktacular. I miss chat as well. Would love to get others involved. Even though spook is on decline, freaktacular is stable. It's actually just really refreshing to be around you all and all of the gift giving, comradere, etc. In my Native American heritage, before trades ever happened, participating tribes would go through a rigorous round of gift giving and games as a way to celebrate each other. This appears to be a parallel tradition we have and I so much appreciate and enjoy it. You all are awesome.

But I also agree that spooktacular has dwindled tremendously over the years as it has grown. I hope they do more 30% off sales this year as well. I bought a lot from them that year lol.

It'd be nice to see some good deals from Sideshow on some decent collectibles. I'm ready to buy some stuff if the price is right. Since Sideshow has started concentrating on their social media ********, if they don't have some good sales and give away reward points then I don't get involved in their Spook. Two years ago Sideshow had some great stuff for sale and I bought quite a bit. Last year I didn't buy anything. This year had better not just be deals on Stormtroopers and Mandarin or I'm gonna be pissed.

It'd be nice to see some good deals from Sideshow on some decent collectibles. I'm ready to buy some stuff if the price is right. Since Sideshow has started concentrating on their social media ********, if they don't have some good sales and give away reward points then I don't get involved in their Spook. Two years ago Sideshow had some great stuff for sale and I bought quite a bit. Last year I didn't buy anything. This year had better not just be deals on Stormtroopers and Mandarin or I'm gonna be pissed.

Agreed. I bought a ton two years ago. But at least they finally got rid of Tonto...or at least I think they did :lol

Agreed. I bought a ton two years ago. But at least they finally got rid of Tonto...or at least I think they did :lol

:rotfl That Spooktacular Tonto showed up at my house from SSC. Funny thing was that I didn't remember winning any contest for him, and I certainly never got a shipping notice. It was totally a surprise. I think they might have just been literally giving him away to clear the warehouse.

Remember a few sales/promos (this may not have been for Spooktacular) they had where they included a mystery figure for buying at a certain price point? That prompted me to buy a few things that I would not have otherwise.

:rotfl That Spooktacular Tonto showed up at my house from SSC. Funny thing was that I didn't remember winning any contest for him, and I certainly never got a shipping notice. It was totally a surprise. I think they might have just been literally giving him away to clear the warehouse.

Remember a few sales/promos (this may not have been for Spooktacular) they had where they included a mystery figure for buying at a certain price point? That prompted me to buy a few things that I would not have otherwise.

I remember them packing free Angela, Tonyo, and Jor-El figures with orders (I never got any of them) but didn't know they had just sent some out for free by themselves. :lol I did get a Speed Racer figure for free with an order a looong time ago.

I'd HOPE they have enough out now that they can just...not put up Mandarin! I mean, there are quite a few figures that haven't sold out that they can put on sale. I mean, it actually feels like figures just don't sell out anymore and can just be permanently available. That all said, it'd be nice to see a fresh lot of unwanted figures -- even if nobody orders them still. :lol

What I love about this group is the comradery and the fun involved. We're all tight knit, there's generosity abound, and people go above and beyond year after year. Having been here from the start of this, it's really only gotten more fun as time's gone on. Sure some people have slowed and such, but that's just how it is. As a whole, I look forward to this, coming up with contests, posting gifs and just having fun over anything Spook anymore.

Not that Sideshow doesn't do a lot...they give away loads! But man, the social media crowd is one vile bunch. Huge whiners all year, and then it's arse-kissing week trying to get something free. Constant complaining in the comments about codes being too quick, things not being fair, blah, blah, blah...hell, if the giveaways didn't promote the company and all, I'm sure Spook would just change into a yearly sale on the site. I mean, without Susan leading the charge and taking the brunt of everything, I doubt many others there would put up with the social media side of things.

In short, you guys all rock and Freaktacular is the yearly tradition that's worth waiting for!

giphy.gif

I'd HOPE they have enough out now that they can just...not put up Mandarin! I mean, there are quite a few figures that haven't sold out that they can put on sale. I mean, it actually feels like figures just don't sell out anymore and can just be permanently available. That all said, it'd be nice to see a fresh lot of unwanted figures -- even if nobody orders them still. :lol

What I love about this group is the comradery and the fun involved. We're all tight knit, there's generosity abound, and people go above and beyond year after year. Having been here from the start of this, it's really only gotten more fun as time's gone on. Sure some people have slowed and such, but that's just how it is. As a whole, I look forward to this, coming up with contests, posting gifs and just having fun over anything Spook anymore.

Not that Sideshow doesn't do a lot...they give away loads! But man, the social media crowd is one vile bunch. Huge whiners all year, and then it's arse-kissing week trying to get something free. Constant complaining in the comments about codes being too quick, things not being fair, blah, blah, blah...hell, if the giveaways didn't promote the company and all, I'm sure Spook would just change into a yearly sale on the site. I mean, without Susan leading the charge and taking the brunt of everything, I doubt many others there would put up with the social media side of things.

In short, you guys all rock and Freaktacular is the yearly tradition that's worth waiting for!

giphy.gif

I definitely enjoy Freaktacular more than Spooktacular now. Every one in here makes it an enjoyable experience each year. The social media whining has completely turned me off Sideshow's Spook.

I get pretty annoyed by the lurkers that come out of woodwork and complain about not being on the email list in the codes thread.

I get pretty annoyed by the lurkers that come out of woodwork and complain about not being on the email list in the codes thread.

Wait, there's an email list?? :)

Actually, I like scouring the SSC website looking for secret codes and promos. While I like getting the code, the thrill of the hunt is a YUGE part of it for me. I think just getting an email for the code would take a big chunk of the fun out of it for me.

And I like the camaraderie here a LOT. I don't post a great deal during most of the year because I'm just so busy. Some, but not much. This is the time of year that I look forward to devoting more time to posting and being part of the community. In a way, not being as active during other parts of the year makes this time even better for me.

Hahaha I remember that. I snapped a pic of me in the bed with it. :D

Wait, there's an email list?? :)

Actually, I like scouring the SSC website looking for secret codes and promos. While I like getting the code, the thrill of the hunt is a YUGE part of it for me. I think just getting an email for the code would take a big chunk of the fun out of it for me.

And I like the camaraderie here a LOT. I don't post a great deal during most of the year because I'm just so busy. Some, but not much. This is the time of year that I look forward to devoting more time to posting and being part of the community. In a way, not being as active during other parts of the year makes this time even better for me.

In a way i agree, it's more fun hanging around the forum for Spooktacular and this thread is a huge part of that and I understand all the newbies and lurkers coming out just for the free codes, it's almost free money so who wouldn't want that. I don't like the elitism around that but I understand that too

Anyway I think the email list is handy for those who have work or want to be hear to look for codes but just can't, if you have time it can be fun here but we don't all have that

Back