Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

I'm doing new ones this year. Same avatar, new sig background updated for the 2015 spook year. I will also be doing avatars for people that I didn't get to last year. Not nearly the amount I did last year. I think I still have carpal tunnel syndrome from doing that :)

I'm doing new ones this year. Same avatar, new sig background updated for the 2015 spook year. I will also be doing avatars for people that I didn't get to last year. Not nearly the amount I did last year. I think I still have carpal tunnel syndrome from doing that :)

I bet! You went above and beyond last year. Can't wait to see the new sigs!

I've been using mine ever since. Nothing tops it.

One rule about the avatars this year is you have to be a contributor. I got tons of requests for avatars from people I have never even seen posting. I've been on the board long enough to recognize people, so I really limit myself to doing art for people that add to the board especially the freak thread. It was kinda like when UT was doing his contest.... people came out of the woodwork, people you've never seen before.

It seriously makes the work worth it when I see a lot of you guys still using your avatars.

It makes me so happy.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Hate to be the puss, but I'll be doing my usual James Bond October marathons!

And Veil, you definitely did amazing work last year! Gotta get employed to do some good giveaways with you guys! Have a few things to give right now. :)

:lol :lol I love this gif. One of my favs.

It seriously makes the work worth it when I see a lot of you guys still using your avatars.

It makes me so happy.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

How can you not use them!??! They're the greatest! I've seen people with animated sigs (keep meaning to get that premium membership!!) and was going to find out how to make it so that Star Lord's mask would dissolve...or like, slowly vanish away like it does in the movies leaving Quill's Avatar face turning on and off. I'd love to be able to design something like that. I used to be able to draw...well, I mean, I guess it's better to say I used to draw, but then I had a bad art teacher in high school who bashed EVERYTHING I did and turned me off of it. Terrible for a teacher to do that.

I wasn't great, but I was pretty good at it and wish I'd honed my skills, but I haven't done anything in years...maybe even a decade. Wish I hadn't stopped, but that's that impressionable age. Sucks when people like that get in positions of influence. That's one reason why I love these Avatars so much! It's a wonderful talent and you're really great at it Veil! They're kinda like Pop! figures! They all have roughly the same design, but you can completely tell each character from one another! And that you went above and beyond to help make Freak something that much more special.

giphy.gif

I know my new job is going to be keep me insanely busy during some of the prime Freaktacular hours, which is unfortunate, but I'll definitely be doing a few giveaways! I know for sure I'm going to keep the Trick'r Treat Blu-ray (or DVD) giveaway tradition as well, and hopefully years from now everyone here will have won a copy of that great movie! :lol

tumblr_ncol05BTNy1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

I'll break out the full Veil sig pic in Oct but since I have to keep Woody as my avatar (I have used him since day 1) I'll just keep the little one in the sig pic. :)

Does that mean a bigger poster?! :thud: :lol

;)

It's so awesome seeing all of the avatars on one page. Really shows off what a great job Veil did on these and just how crazy many he made in such a short amount of time.

Back