Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

I think the force collection is more a card game than just collecting and trading.

That sucks... Hopefully more people have it so I can give away the full Topps Classic TFA set

I have an idea for another prize but I need to ask this first. By any chance is anyone here using the Star Wars Card Trader App?

And that Chevy Chase skit is one of my favorites. :)

:lol Chase rules. I've got the App, though I can't say I'm very good at whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing with it! :lol I basically go in each day and use my daily allotment to buy some new random packs hoping for my phone to buzz. :lol

Oh, and here's a random question for those who collect LEGO on a larger scale...do sets ever sell out? I want to get the Millennium Falcon, but my wife is also trying to figure things out as far as Christmas presents go. Let's just say I tend to buy myself most things I want before holidays come around, mainly due to selling out -- and me apparently hating money. :lol

Just curious if it's better to buy it now, or just hold off. I'm sure some smaller themed sets sell out, but I know Star Wars has been huge for LEGO while the films were dormant, and it'll only get bigger over the next handful of years while Disney pumps these movies out. It's not vital, I was just curious as to what the best course of action may be when picking up sets, and whether or not they do tend to vanish from time to time.

Oh, and here's a random question for those who collect LEGO on a larger scale...do sets ever sell out? I want to get the Millennium Falcon, but my wife is also trying to figure things out as far as Christmas presents go. Let's just say I tend to buy myself most things I want before holidays come around, mainly due to selling out -- and me apparently hating money. :lol

Just curious if it's better to buy it now, or just hold off. I'm sure some smaller themed sets sell out, but I know Star Wars has been huge for LEGO while the films were dormant, and it'll only get bigger over the next handful of years while Disney pumps these movies out. It's not vital, I was just curious as to what the best course of action may be when picking up sets, and whether or not they do tend to vanish from time to time.

I think the Millenium Falcon has been re-branded under the Force Awakens logo, I could be wrong though. It's deffo still available in the UK.

I think the Millenium Falcon has been re-branded under the Force Awakens logo, I could be wrong though. It's deffo still available in the UK.

Yeah, that's the one I'm looking at, I believe! It has the new characters and all that jazz in it. I'd think it'll likely be around for quite a while -- especially since the movie doesn't come out until just before Christmas. I just thought I'd check and see if anyone knew if it was best to pick one up in the near future, or if there's no real rush. I think last year there was actually a LEGO shortage, which was weird. But I'm sure they won't let that happen again this year.

Yeah, that's the one I'm looking at, I believe! It has the new characters and all that jazz in it. I'd think it'll likely be around for quite a while -- especially since the movie doesn't come out until just before Christmas. I just thought I'd check and see if anyone knew if it was best to pick one up in the near future, or if there's no real rush. I think last year there was actually a LEGO shortage, which was weird. But I'm sure they won't let that happen again this year.
Judging by the look of the shops over here, Star Wars is everywhere now; wall to wall in some of the toy and catalogue shops. I imagine all the new and old products are here to stay well into 2016. The force is strong with Disney $$$. [emoji38]

Out of curiosity...what do you do with your lego stuff once it's built? Display them?

Judging by the look of the shops over here, Star Wars is everywhere now; wall to wall in some of the toy and catalogue shops. I imagine all the new and old products are here to stay well into 2016. The force is strong with Disney $$$. [emoji38]

Yeah, I figured the same thing...especially with non-stop films coming until 2020, and likely after that anyway! I'm just not a LEGO aficionado, so I wasn't sure if there were ever limited numbers of certain sets. My guess would be that'd be announced, and it wouldn't be put on such popular items such as the Falcon.

999999-673419231619.jpg

Out of curiosity...what do you do with your lego stuff once it's built? Display it?

I'm actually not huge on LEGO! I've always been tempted, but with my hand in quite a few collectors buckets as is, LEGO has always seemed like the pricey outsider that I shouldn't get involved with. :lol My wife got Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, Spaceship! last year for Christmas, but she hasn't put it together yet, and she picked up one of the recent Elves LEGO sets as well, but none have been built. We do have this big glass cabinet that we don't use for anything...it's from my parent's place when they were getting rid of things and it's never really found a place here aside from just sitting in the living room, but I think it'd work for LEGO displays well enough.

So I think that'd be the plan if I do pick up a few pieces here and there. Build them and then display them in the cabinet. I'm not sure I'd be too keen on building it, taking it apart, and building it again, but after reading some of the posts people made earlier, it sounds like building a piece like this could be a good way to relax or unwind when needed!

I don't think you'll have to worry about it selling out that quickly. One thing to think about if you're a VIP Lego member (which is free) is that until 10/14 Lego is doing 2x rewards points. I just bought a ton of stuff.

Out of curiosity...what do you do with your lego stuff once it's built? Display them?

I build a set, keep it out for awhile, then break it down and build another one. I'd love to keep them all displayed but don't have the space. This way I can rotate what's out and then have fun rebuilding the other sets again.

Yeah, I figured the same thing...especially with non-stop films coming until 2020, and likely after that anyway! I'm just not a LEGO aficionado, so I wasn't sure if there were ever limited numbers of certain sets. My guess would be that'd be announced, and it wouldn't be put on such popular items such as the Falcon.

999999-673419231619.jpg

So I think that'd be the plan if I do pick up a few pieces here and there. Build them and then display them in the cabinet. I'm not sure I'd be too keen on building it, taking it apart, and building it again, but after reading some of the posts people made earlier, it sounds like building a piece like this could be a good way to relax or unwind when needed!

I build a set, keep it out for awhile, then break it down and build another one. I'd love to keep them all displayed but don't have the space. This way I can rotate what's out and then have fun rebuilding the other sets again.

Leave it to you guys to get me into yet another expensive collection. :slap :lol Zod that sounds like a great way to do it. Well, I'm off to Target...

I don't think you'll have to worry about it selling out that quickly. One thing to think about if you're a VIP Lego member (which is free) is that until 10/14 Lego is doing 2x rewards points. I just bought a ton of stuff.

Yeah, I may pick it up earlier and just give it a go, but we'll see! I think it'd be rare for a Star Wars piece that isn't numbered as limited to vanish any time soon though! Hard to find for now, maybe, but not gone completely.

Leave it to you guys to get me into yet another expensive collection. :slap :lol Zod that sounds like a great way to do it. Well, I'm off to Target...

that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

:lol

It's definitely expensive!! I'd love to get a lot of the sets, but sometimes I just can't justify the pricing. I'll have to give it a solid go with one of them first and see how it works out. Let us know what you pick up! :lol

Id love to get the Lego Death Star but I can't afford it nor would I have the space to display it.

It's definitely expensive!! I'd love to get a lot of the sets, but sometimes I just can't justify the pricing. I'll have to give it a solid go with one of them first and see how it works out. Let us know what you pick up! :lol
That gif.. :lol Perfect.

From my experience, Lego sets will sell out, but it takes a while. Since that Falcon just came out, I would think it would be around for a good year, probably longer. Lego does retire sets, but after they've been out for a while. Of course, once they are retired, they can increase in price a good bit. That Lego Death Star you're looking at Darth Madden just recently retired, and jumped up a bit in price almost immediately. At least it seemed that way to me.

I have a couple of bigger sets that I've gotten recently. I avoided Lego for a while simply because they are so expensive, but a few of the sets like the UCS Slave 1 and Avengers Helicarrier were simply too cool to pass up! They really are kind of addictive. I'll need to get into breaking them down and rebuilding them.

Back